Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (Nov 18th)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FourWalledWorld, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

I notice there's a big 5 week long hole between dates after the Fresno date and no LA (probably Forum) show listed. Granted it's the Christmas/NY holiday break but maybe a NYE show in LA?

Clanceman likes this.
  2. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

You sir speak the truth! I feel exactly like how you post here. 100 uplikes if I could.

Clanceman likes this.
  3. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

Just got tix to Lubbock show, going to make it a weekend trip. Taking the kids with me on this one! It's going to be fun!

@Clanceman thanks for keeping that fire lit, Your fire is contagious! :) (in a good way,lol)
    I wanted to go already but didn't want to do the 6 hour drive.
    Oh well, no worries now! I'm going!

I saw them on the Hardwired tour and it was the absolute best concert I can remember ever attending (sound wise, prop wise, experience wise) well outside of the small Tool concert I saw at Cedar Park.

SizzleVonSizzleton and Clanceman like this.
  4. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

I will say that Kirk has been playing as well as ever. He's been on fire on these recent shows (Spain, Italy; got a few off livemetallica.com)!!!

Blueshirt and Clanceman like this.
  5. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I got mine yesterday for Pittsburgh in October on a pre-sale. I thought $138.00 was a decent price for first bowl in the arena. I have never seen Metallica. What do I have to look forward to my friend?

Clanceman likes this.
  6. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

A kick-ass heavy metal show! LOUD!

Clanceman, Stormrider77 and Todd W. like this.
  7. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

So you are saying it will be worth it to lose more of my hearing...........;):D

Clanceman and Dorian75 like this.
  8. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

My 17 month old grandson thinks this album is the schiznit!!
    Whenever I play it he starts stompin' his little foot and he instinctively does these mini-headbang thing. I absolutely love watching him!

He digs AC/DC too.

Clanceman, Todd W., Dorian75 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Forum Resident

Never seen them live but got a floor/general admission ticket for the Charlotte show on 10/22 and 4th row reserved dead center for the Raleigh show on 1/28. Can't wait to finally see them live!

10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I would call Metallica a finely tuned machine from top to bottom, the entire team is focused and delivering.

Jam757, Dorian75, Todd W. and 2 others like this.
  11. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Spending the last 30 minutes attempting to get tickets to this show has been the biggest pain in the ass of my entire life. Verified Resale my ass. Forget it. Ticketmaster can go to hell.

Billy_Sunday, Matthew Tate and tkl7 like this.
  12. Daniel Plainview

IT KEEPS MOCKING YOU. LITTLE BLUE SEATS APPEAR AVAILABLE, YOU CLICK ON THEM AND IT'S LIKE, "SORRRY FOLKS, PARK'S CLOSED". I'VE NEVER FELT SO VIOLATED BY A WEBSITE.

tkl7, Clanceman and izombie73 like this.
  13. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

You could always try StubHub, I have never had an issue getting excellent seats with them. You will pay a higher price but the violation your feeling won't be quite the same. :)

Clanceman likes this.
  14. Daniel Plainview

The base price ($131) is as high as I will pay for a concert.

15. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

I hate Ticketmaster's system as well! I think most of us sane folks do...
    I know they manage the selling of the tickets but jeez, could they make it any more difficult.

The disappearing seats, when you just clicked on one and are trying to figure out the map, and all the other jargon going on is awful. I also hate the countdown timer! It makes me feel pressured to just buy without researching.

16. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Jesus this was the hardest ticket to buy. Wanted to go to Penn State. Kept offering me ticks and then telling me another fan got them. Tried Albany - had ticks but the website wasn't rendering. Long story short, I will be driving to Buffalo, and spending the night in Niagra Falls - the next day is my anniversary. Then my wife made me buy an extra ticket for my daughter.... this is the most I have ever paid for a show, and that includes multiple times seeing the Stones...

17. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Are you close to Buffalo? They aren't selling through ticketmaster.

Clanceman likes this.
  18. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

I hear you and to each his own.

I did the Whiplash Experience last time around and it was the best $400 I spent.
    The memories alone where worth the extra cost for me.
    I got to play Trujillo's Bass with a guitar tech, Held Kirk's White Zombie guitar, and bang on Lars set of drums. I also had dinner with a cool dude who was following the band around for the entire tour.

Any other band I'd be like nope I aint spending that! But for Metallica I pretty much just open my wallet. :agree:

19. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I love this post. Made my day :righton:

Billy_Sunday, tkl7 and izombie73 like this.
  20. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Are you not entertained, my friend? :p

izombie73 and Clanceman like this.
  21. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

You have the “time of your life” to look forward to.

Objectively, right now...in 2018, they are the biggest band with the biggest show in the world.

Loved the Stadium trek last summer. But, in an arena & “in the round” is all that x3, imo. When I first saw the Stones in 81’, I thought it just wasn’t possible that I’d ever see them in an arena. When I finally did, it felt like I was at a private show in comparison.

I thought last summer’s Stadium Tour was a sign that they may be too big to mess with a dinky arena anymore. Glad that wasn’t the case.

22. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Find a moose and punch it in the nose.

Clanceman and Daniel Plainview like this.
  23. boiledbeans

boiledbeans Forum Resident

Yeah. I think they really want the fans to have a good experience. When I saw them in early 2017, they had a few buckets full of guitar picks, which had the date and location of the concert printed on them.

The band threw these picks occasionally to the audience between songs. At the end of the show after Metallica left the stage, their roadies/tech emptied the remaining picks in the buckets and threw some extra drum sticks at the audience as well.

Ctiger2, Clanceman and izombie73 like this.
  24. Daniel Plainview

I'm in. Lower level. Only took 2 hours torment! Ticketmaster still sucks!

25. boiledbeans

boiledbeans Forum Resident

Yeah, regarding Lars, he still makes occasional mistakes in the performances. This is the concert I went to in 2017 (not my video though)

Start watching at 2:30, which is the guitar harmony part of 'Fight Fire with Fire'
    Lars messes up the drumbeat, which causes Kirk to mess up (at 2:45), and James to feel frustrated.

One of the comments on the video sums it up nicely. :laugh:

From username 'Adrian'

Dorian75 and Billy_Sunday like this.