Metallica - Master Of Puppets 2017 Remastered Deluxe edition announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

And you do know it's a thread about the deluxe box, no? Emphasis on deluxe, as this is not the only way to obtain the new remaster.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

Mines arrived today from Amazon UK (so chill anyone who's still waiting - I ordered mine on 01/09/17 - I'm well happy - Unfortunately it goes away now until 25th December ( only way I could justify the cost to the Mrs!!). I purchased the 3CD with the free Osaka tape (which is brilliant for a freebie) as highlights to tide me over until Xmas.

Now the greatest HM album of all time is the greatest boxset of all time. I love Metallica - always have done always will!

I now own...........................................
    Original LP Muisc for Nations
    Original Double LP Music for Nations
    90's CD Elektra
    3CD Remastered
    Deluxe Boxset Remastered
    And I still never tire of hearing it!

Its my own Dark Side of the Moon!!

hi_watt, panicproject and Dorian75 like this.
  3. uncle

uncle Senior Member

As I am listening to this part of me hates ever having watched Paradise Lost because now whenever I hear the riff to Welcome Home Sanitarium all I picture in my head are those 3 murdered kids. Once the song kicks in I get over it, but the opening part was used SO much in the documentary that it is forever associated with it for me.

4. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Glad I didn't see that then!

5. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I see above that maybe we are only supposed to be talking about the Deluxe version, so maybe this is the wrong thread (couldn't find a specific thread for discussion of the 3-CD version), but I am enjoying my trawl through so far.

Coolest revelation to me is the late July '85 "Welcome Home" demo, I just love the pace and how they were clearly still pulling it all together, but it's got this loose vibe that seems really cool to me.

I'd love to hear more of the live stuff on the deluxe but, uh, I can't afford that price. It'd be cool to see some of that available ala carte, as they with some of the Bowie boxes live stuff, but I doubt that'll happen.

Boswell likes this.
  6. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Same here...it's forever ruined because of it.

izombie73 likes this.
  7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

@sassi the download-card is definitely included. I think mine was inside live-lp gatefold or the book.

Was your boxset pristine? Mine had some dinged corners, so Äx will have replace this or something..I already sent them pics and we will talk about this tomorrow.
    Im now feeling little pissed as young and angry James Hetfield.
    They sent it in package without that factory-foam thing, same happened once before with them on Led Zeppelin Super Deluxe-box (when one of them was rekeased) which they also then had to replace.
    The book, vinyl and cd etc are pristine, so Im not sure what to do, but I think I can only return it or ask for replacement.
    It ain't bad but still it ain't immaculate and pristine as the other Metallica&Led Zeppelin similar-sized boxes beside it.

Anyways, the album sounds great, I had some time to watch dvd:s and listen to riff-tapes.
    Great stuff really and this milestone album finally received the kind of release it deserved.
    Im not actually sure why they decided to give that particular show on the box vinyl,
    I suppose they had even better performances on nsome other shows that were on cd in the box?
    Anybody know why the shows was picked, it wasn't like the most representative and best as you could easily hear how nervous Kirk was on some of the couple songs erly in the set.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  8. Bluebair

Bluebair Well-Known Member

I made a thread specific for comparisons on the remastered album, anyone who came here for that feel free to comment your findings there. The title is "metallica master of puppets 2017 remaster comparison"

Boswell and SammyJoe like this.
  9. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Really, really (no, REALLY!) dug the stuff from Jaymz' riff tapes. :righton::righton:

Clanceman, johnny q, Dmann201 and 2 others like this.
  10. Absolutely, but a Venn diagram of audiophiles and collectors would show significant overlap. Certainly many of us could not live with the mere 3CD issue knowing that the monster box was was out there and (originally) available at a reasonable price, even knowing that a lot of the bonus stuff might only get listened to once and the buttons weren't leaving the bag!

Dmann201 likes this.
  11. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I was surprised by how heavy the buttons are. Real heavy metal! :)

izombie73 and Dudley Morris like this.
  12. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Link please!

Pavol Stromcek likes this.
  13. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Now that this has been out a while, anyone have a favorite show from the deluxe?

14. CreepingDeath

CreepingDeath Active Member

Metallica Master of Puppets 2017 remaster comparison

15. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

It is very cool. :righton:

GuidedByJonO))) and izombie73 like this.
  16. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

You guys watch some weird sh!t, :laugh: haha

Clanceman and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  17. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

The Jason auditions have far more audible bass than the actual albums have!!

18. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

Thanks, I found the download card in between the pages of the book. :)

I just finished listening to the Live at Aragon Ballroom. Perfect pressing and sounds really good. Very enjoyable. :righton:

Clanceman and Dmann201 like this.
  19. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Good, good. :)
    I listened to some of the vinyl yesterday, but now I haven't got a box here. Just dropped it off to SmartPost and I will receive replacement (which will be sent better secured).
    In the meantime I will listen to the set from legal streaming-services..hopefully my replacement-box is in pristine condition.

20. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

So, does anybody know why Aragon-show was picked as for the vinyl-edition for the boxset?
    There's great energy and feeling present but I suppose at the same time a bit sloppy in places also on the couple songs early in the set (compared to like RTL-box vinyl-lp that had Hollywood Palladium 1985).
    For sure, they were on high speed going and performing the songs with such energy and pace, so no wonder if it had effect on the performance and recording. It's nothing unusual to happen really..
    Was it only because it's headlining show? It seems to be so and here are the reasons why these shows were picked for the boxset (found this list from Metallica-forums, posted by their presentitive)

Anyways, this is comprehensive box for one of the best metal-albums ever. It was one of those precious ones that truly had impact on me when I heard for the first time and it made everlasting effect.

Use_Your_Koala likes this.
  21. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Amazon.it still can't supply them :cussing::cussing:

22. panicproject

panicproject VinylVinylVinylVinyl

i know. very frustrating.

23. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

Metallica’s EU store says: SOLD OUT

Can that really be? So fast... o_O

Edit: Talking about the Deluxe Box

24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I think it was already sometime ago with that text, maybe their EU-store had smaller quantity of boxsets on sale..
    Anyways, it's great to see people getting this album and boxset, it was surely reissue that was anticipated but also the album really deserved one comprehensive anyways.
    What will they have on plan for 40th or 50th anniversary? Just kidding around..

Awesome release, the riff-tapes and stuff, really fascinating to listen to..
    This is probably one of my favorite releases and definitely as boxset it's truly great!

Clanceman and sassi like this.
  25. gad999

gad999 Forum Resident

Looks like lots of places have sold out/never got it!
    Amazon UK are on their 3rd attempt to supply me despite saying it will be shipped 9th Nov & 16th Nov. Now saying arriving Saturday but I wouldn't bet on it. I ordered it on 31st August!!
    It looks like they may have under estimated the demand after over estimating it for KEA & RTL.
    I hope you lucky people who have received theirs enjoy it as I have a feeling I'm not meant to get one :realmad: