Metallica - Master Of Puppets 2017 Remastered Deluxe edition announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

Never give up, never surrender.

gad999 likes this.
  2. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I just got off the phone with an Amazon supervisor that told me I have to cancel my order and redo it as there is a bug in the system and my order never went to fulfillment. She said it's like it was never ordered. I had this on preorder, it was supposed to ship on Monday and it never did. After numerous calls to customer service who kept insisting that my box would ship and be delivered on the 16th, I finally got someone to admit there had been an error.

To be honest I have no clue when I will receive this set, but if there is anyone here that has a status of "not yet shipped" with no movement in the status for days on end, call and speak to a supervisor, you may have the same issue. I have to say my experience with Amazon in the last year has been very frustrating, and there has been an obvious decline in service and efficiency.

ODShowtime and Pouchkine like this.
  3. gad999

gad999 Forum Resident

Wouldn't be surprised if this has happened to mine! I did place another order when they were saying it was in stock but mine was still awaiting etc.
    Should not have cancelled the 2nd one when my 1st one said shipping 16th Nov :realmad:.
    When it doesn't ship tomorrow I'll place a new one & haggle for the price increase back.
    Seems odd it's happening world wide with this box set, WTF is going on??

4. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

The Jason audition tapes are amazing! I really miss the Lars of those days, he was so much tighter and they play the songs so much faster too and he ****in' nails all of it (the double bass in the sped up Battery is just sick!)

Dmann201 and SizzleVonSizzleton like this.
  5. SickAgain

SickAgain Active Member

Somewhere along the way he became lazy and uninspired. Stardom does that to some people.

daca likes this.
  6. Vinyl Fan 1973

Well for your info, I was able to negotiate, for the inconvenience, 15% discount off my original preorder price, as well as a 20$ promo credit to be used against my next purchase. See what you can get for this mix up.

7. HankM

HankM Senior Member

I returned my set to Soundstage Direct due to a defective pressing in the vinyl of Master Of Puppets. I was hoping we could just swap out a single release vinyl in exchange but they made me send them the whole box. Last night I received an email stating that they are awaiting 'repress' from the manufacturer. Damn! They said I could return for refund, I paid $135, promo code they had for Labor Day. Amazon has it but its the msrp of $174 that pretty much everyone has. Deciding on just waiting for a replacement or just reordering from someone else. I emailed them and said can we work an exchange out just for the defective vinyl again

8. izombie73

izombie73 Forum Resident

I haven't had time to do a proper listen to the vinyl, man i hope none of them are defective.
    What where your issues? I know some here talked about rough edges but it seemed like the exception not the norm.

@Vinyl Fan 1973 I had a similar issue with my Amazon delivery. The box showed out for delivery on the 16th but i didn't get it until a full 5 more days. What a mess but glad you got them to give you a discount.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  9. HankM

HankM Senior Member

Real rough, jagged vinyl at the edge and than scuff marks half way around. Could of done damage to a cartridge, thats for sure. The Aragon live vinyl was fine

izombie73 likes this.
  10. gad999

gad999 Forum Resident

I've already had my Prime Membership of £79 refunded & an option of 20% off my order price (approx. £27) or a £20 voucher when my order is delivered. The problem being it may never be delivered!
    If, as I suspect, tomorrow's dispatch does not happen, I'll place another order & then give them hell!!!

11. Vinyl Fan 1973

wow, are you serious? Ok then well this seems to be a much larger issue. There are people on the Metallica forum that had this preordered since Aug 31st, and they have yet to receive their package. In fact, Amazon keeps changing the delivery date every couple of days, and pushing it back. Imagine the frustration of seeing that something is "in stock" shipping soon, only for that date to come and go and a new delivery date set. It's enough to drive you mad!

Pouchkine likes this.
  12. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Maybe they could make some more deluxe box sets that aren't numbered to fulfill demand?

Pouchkine likes this.
  13. Vinyl Fan 1973

I just assumed they made 25,000, but if stores are saying they are waiting for a repress, what does that mean? A repress would mean what, making additional sets? Perhaps they are misusing the term and in fact are just waiting for more stock to get sent out. Who the hell knows.

The Metallica store is sold out.

14. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I would probably just buy another copy of the vinyl by itself since there are stock issues with the deluxe box.

HankM, Dmann201, Clanceman and 2 others like this.
  15. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I can't believe that an expensive box like this one is sold out already.

Matthew Tate and Pouchkine like this.
  16. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

Well, it is considered one of the greatest metal albums of all time, is Cliff’s swan song, and has some nice bonuses added - in addition to the remaster NOT being complete ass.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Kossoff is God

Kossoff is God Forum Resident

How does the MOP deluxe rank against KEA and RTL? I am thinking of getting KEA but I heard the goodies on RTL are not special.

Also, I am surprised there is no "And Justice for All..." Deluxe Edition anticipation thread with updates on the 2018 release.

18. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

It is not sold out.

Pipeline is a little slow because all the Black Friday RSD stuff has been shipping the last two weeks...

tying up distributors, pissing off believers, record store insanity!

19. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

It has way more stuff than the other two - way more. But to say what particular content is more special than another is gonna depend on each person.

Bang for the buck, though, it's the Master box, no question.

20. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I thought the KEA & RTL boxes were great, but I'm a longtime boot collector so I don't have any problem listening to non-mixed soundboards. The Kill & Ride boxes are certainly better value for the money than the similarly packaged Led Zeppelin Super Deluxe Boxes. I thought the Metallica bonus audio and video was well chosen and grateful for including and also I thought the hardcover books were more to my liking (glossy print, anecdotal essays) than the ones Zep did.

21. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Depends on your interests. I think the Ride DVD is best thing in all the sets. A full pro-shot Cliff concert just can't be beat, imo. But just going on audio content, MoP is the strongest. I think KEA was a very weak set. Should've at least included the other concert video as seen on Cliff Em All and some actual rough mixes that aren't the same as the album and more demos. I personally have little interest in the ratty soundboards and audience recordings so I'm mostly looking at the video and studio content.

22. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

That`s really awful so many people are still waiting for their Puppets Boxes.
    I`ve been making my way through mine.I love all of the demos,riffs,and things.
    The live stuff is great.Especially the Germany soundboard and Japan DVD,the shows were getting longer and the entire band was on fire.But I really like everything,it`s all completely essential to me.
    These could easily be standalone releases on vinyl.

23. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

The reason they didn't include the Stone '83 concert video is because everyone and their grandmother in the tape trading community has owned that one for a very long time. That's the same reason why you don't see Nassau '86 in the new box.

24. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

And Napster. And GREED.

He spent 1000x more effort on trying to shut down Napster and trying to get that extra dime, the drums faded to black.

25. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

That's not a good reason to leave it off with so little content on the DVD. They used other stuff on the sets that people have had forever, but included it because it's an upgrade. I know I certainly would've liked an upgrade to the Stone show.

That may be why they chose not to use the Nassau show, but they also had enough other stuff to fill two DVDs of content. KEA DVD is short and an upgrade to the Stone show would've been nice. It was lame to leave it off.

Matthew Tate likes this.