MeTV adding “The Flintstones” September 30th.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM.

1. AKA

AKA Creator of "Heve Stoffman" Thread Starter

Kind of a big deal, because Warner has been pretty stingy the past 25 years with their Hanna-Barbera stuff, keeping it to themselves for Cartoon Network/Boomerang. I wonder if we’ll start seeing more H-B stuff, or even Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry, out in the wild in the near future.

2. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Current operator of the Freedonia peanut stand

I hope we can see those cartoons somewhere else, I long for the old pre cable days when local stations showed HB and WB cartoons daily. I don't think I've seen the Flintstones regularly since the golden age of Cartoon Network in the late ' 90s and early 2000s.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Forum Resident

I really need to go out and get a better antenna now. Regular television just seems to keep getting better. I only watch this stuff when I visit my parents so it's like a time warp for me. Here's hoping for more H-B and Warner Bros.. While I'd love to see the early ones, how about throwing out some Animaniacs too!

Strummergas and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  4. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

It'll be cropped to 1.66 (or whatever weirdo AR MeTV is using). The ads for the show will be in 1.33, though. Go figure!

5. AKA

AKA Creator of "Heve Stoffman" Thread Starter

It might be your local affiliate. Mine still shows most programming in 1.33. The only shows I can think of that are cropped are The Monkees, M*A*S*H, and Columbo, and that’s probably the way the network receives them from the distributors.

MeTV Picture Quality FAQ

6. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

I dunno. I commute between Los Angeles, Wichita, and, Seattle (home), and nothing is shown in 1.33 on any of them (except ads for stuff like Hogan's Heroes -- which are still in 1.33, but then the show comes on, and it's 1.6 or something weird).

7. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

I haven't seen the Flintstones on a regular basis since the 80s. I might give that a watch now and then.

8. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

9. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Here MeTV airs most stuff in the proper ratio. The problem is the signal’s extremely compressed. It’s a sub channel from our NBC affiliate which as the best OTA picture quality in town so I guess that’s the trade off.

dan c

10. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

Our MeTV affiliate (sub-channel of the NBC station in Birmingham) has everything "squeezed" so that the picture setting on my TV has to be set to Wide to display the picture correctly.

11. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

The streets of Rome are filled with Rubble!

willwin likes this.