MFSL Grisman Hot Dawg! $69 - HOWEVER- Not in Great Shape

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Kayaker, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Sorry about the rain, Rick.

3. Ben

Ben New Member

4. Kayaker

Hi Craig,
    You kind of expect it when you visit here. I love Seattle in any weather. Thanks for the lowdown on the music shopping here. The Landing in the U District was a fun place. Very cool owner. Picked up a Jazz disc at Sonic Boom in Ballard this afternoon. Tower near the Space Needle is moving and has a great sale on vinyl - half price. Too bad I dont have a turntable.
    Oh well - had a couple of great weather days early in the week. Thanks. -Rick

Ben - Nice pick up. Hope it does play flawlessly.

5. Ben

Ben New Member

Yeah - me too! Will report back to the board...!!!

Ben

6. StyxCollector

StyxCollector Man of Miracles

To where? It's one of the places I frequent when I visit Seattle. I tend to go there and the U District mainly (esp. Cellophane).

7. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I'll stop in there tomorrow on my way home from work and see if I can find out........

8. Kayaker

I was told they are moving "across the street". That whole area is being developed by the City and Paul Allen to lure biotech firms. From what I hear, the Tower land - esp the big empty parking lot- became too valuable. Supposedly, nothing to do with the current bankruptcy.
    Cellophane Square was a cool store - I will go back there next visit.
    Craig - they also have a bunch of used CD's half-off up front to check out. Some imports too.
    Back in New York now and dry.......

9. Ben

Ben New Member

The "Dawg" arrives...

Wow!

This guy has to be the all-time most conservative grader in the history of eBay...

Disc, inserts - it's all in beautiful, near-mint condition!

Yay!

This one ain't for sale....Ben.

:thumbsup:

10. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

As they say "One man's meat, is another man's poison".

It is always better to be safe than sorry, and I guess the seller didn't want to have any issues if he sold it for the "real" going rate and someone complained.

On the other side of the coin, I have received many DCC and MFSL discs from ebay where the seller says it is in perfect condition or mint condition, and it looks like they never placed the disc in it's case for protection. Granted most of the discs with marks and scratches I received aren't that bad, but if you ever saw my CD collection (which numbers in the thousands) you would be hardpressed to find any scratches at all - and I am serious.

I am sorry to say that some of the CDs that are in the worst condition in my collection are those that I have gotten off of ebay. At least they all play perfectly - and in the long run, isn't that all that matters!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.