Micky Dolenz - The MGM Singles Collection (Monkees)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by IainLee, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Now thats funny!!

2. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

But it didn't make any sense.. This is a LP release....

3. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

exactly!!

4. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Anyone gonna transfer this to mp3 when they get it? I don't have my turn table set up. Waiting on the Lp just the same though.

5. IainLee

IainLee Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I hope not. Id be really disappointed if rips of this started doing the rounds....

6. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I want to rip it for personal reasons only. Just want to have it on my ipod.

7. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

Thanks for your hard work..amazing this is happening at all. Look forward to delivery.

Iceman08, marc with a c and D-rock like this.
  8. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Senior Member

This possible Turtles release really piques my interest. I would buy anything you can find, and while I love unreleased material, just having nicely done versions of the existing albums would be great. Are the remixes done for Rhino available? It would be nice to have releases with stereo, mono and remixes where available. The Turtles have really been overlooked over the years and a nicely done reissue program might help in their re-evaluation.

9. IainLee

IainLee Well-Known Member Thread Starter

10. FredV

FredV Senior Member

There will be a legit digital release after the vinyl is issued which should include bonus cuts and the audio of the Micky Dolenz interview, so I'd hold off on ripping tracks from the vinyl release.

11. agundy

agundy Forum Resident

Awesome...ordered!:righton:

12. cuddlytoy

cuddlytoy Forum Resident

I'm concerned about doing business with the site Iain posted. Has anybody ever heard of them or better yet ordered from them?

13. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Yes! EBReggae is definitely a reputable music dealer located in California, prices are good and the way they pack their records is phenomenal. Have purchased vinyl from them many times, and have always been satisfied.

14. SomedayMan

SomedayMan Active Member

According to the Facebook page, it should show up on Amazon.com around the release day.

15. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

I highly recommend buying from them. Great prices and great packaging.

agundy and Wade like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I've never had any issues and have actually paid less on many items when I've ordered from Amazon UK to the US. Why are some hesitant to order from there?

17. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Will there be a download of the bonus tracks for people who buy the vinyl?

18. cuddlytoy

cuddlytoy Forum Resident

Thanks for the recommendations. I pulled the trigger and eagerly await the arrival.

19. Definitely keep us in the loop.

cuddlytoy likes this.
  20. mjthomas001

mjthomas001 Forum Resident

I just read this on Facebook from the guys behind the release:

"The first 400 were ordered very quickly so we made the decision to press just under another 300."

Anybody else bothered by the fact that this limited release is just kinda-limited?

And what bugs me is that if you buy the vinyl, they aren't including the digital download. Especially since they are talking about digital-only bonus tracks.

21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

No cds ?

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  22. mjthomas001

Not yet. They said they are working on it. Vinyl for now.

Scope J likes this.
  23. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Don't know, you'd have to ask Iain Lee who's producing the album.

24. SomedayMan

SomedayMan Active Member

No. I'm not the least bit interested in whether this is limited or not. Who would be stupid enough to buy this simply because it's limited? That isn't even close to the appeal of this set. It's a set lovingly put together containing great music that has been unheard for years provided from top sources with a wonderfully designed package ensuring this is a wonderful product for music fans. Plus this is a new reissue label. The fact that it's first release is such a success should be celebrated as it ensures future releases. No one should be bothered by there being more copies being made.

25. mjthomas001

The actual music isn't the issue. It's the way it's being marketed. Sure, they are very nice guys starting their own label. I commend them for that. Honestly. By the fans and for the fans. Very cool.

It's about integrity. They sold this as a limited edition blue vinyl release. That is part of the appeal. "Hurry up and buy this limited release before it's sold out." So you hurry up and buy it before they are all gone. Then you find out they will just make more. So it's not limited. That's my problem.

And I was going to buy this whether they pressed 50 copies or 5000. So I'm not stupid enough to buy this based solely on the fact that it's limited. But that is why I bought it on the first day. Because I didn't want to miss out. But I guess I didn't have to. Did you order yours on the first day?

That's the point.

Rubber Soul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.