“Mike Judge’s Beavis and Butt-Head”’— new series premieres August 4, 2022 on Paramount+.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jul 14, 2022.

1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Kray

Kray Sleuthing

Looking forward to them trashing everyone... this is a movie though... not a series

3. AKA

No, Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe, released a few weeks ago, was a movie. This is a series.

SRC, 905, MikaelaArsenault and 3 others like this.
  4. Kray

Kray Sleuthing

Sorry.. my bad

905, MikaelaArsenault and AKA like this.
  5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I laughed watching the movie. I imagine I'll laugh watching some of these.

6. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

The movie was really funny so I'm looking forward to this new series. Unfortunately, the fast editing in the trailer doesn't really work for a fairly slow paced show like Beavis & Butthead. The announcement for their movie worked much better.

MikaelaArsenault and Kray like this.
  7. AKA

8. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Not to be confused with
    John Carpenter's Beavis and Butthead

9. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

10. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Where they are making fun of the prison guy in that video may be the funniest thing I've seen in years.

Claxton, DementedAvenger, AKA and 5 others like this.
  11. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

12. AKA

I can’t decide which I like better: this or Beavis twerking to BTS.

13. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

Still funny.

rockclassics likes this.
  14. Scopitone

I loved that BTS one, too.

So far, this is a solid return.

MikaelaArsenault and AKA like this.
  15. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I don't remember Beavis being such a doormat in the old series. Buttthead is just ordering him around constantly. I do like their interactions with Tik Tok and other modern video clips now - I think there's a lot of room for fun in those.

16. Scopitone

In ep 4, which I believe is last week's episode, we see Beavis finding someone who treats him like an actual friend (even if the guy is a little socially clueless). With that story as well as the way Beavis responds to Butthead's attitude while they watch the "how to twerk" video, I wonder if he's actually becoming progressively more aware of how Butthead treats him?

Probably not, but it's an interesting thought.

I have to admit that Butthead's series of Thanksgiving jokes about Beavis's mom's sexual activities was pretty funny, and I like the way Beavis interprets it.

17. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

Episodes have been pretty good but still don't know why they don't have smart phones, unless the timeframe is still too early, but I see the tv is updated.

18. Scopitone

One of the stories in episode five directly deals with the conflict between Butthead’s abusive behavior and Beavis as victim. So it does appear to be a thing that Mike Judge is exploring. However, I did not expect it to go the direction it went at the end.

The joke in the second part wore thin after a matter of moments. I liked the framing story for it, though.

Good to see

Smart Beavis and Smart Butthead again, from the Universe movie.

19. qwyjibo

qwyjibo Forum Resident

Although I’ve been enjoying the new episodes of Beavis & Butt-Head, I would like to see a bit more variety with the choice of music videos. They haven’t commentated on a single rock or metal video so far (This was also an issue with the 2011 revival). I get that guitar based music is mostly absent from the mainstream music scene today as has been discussed elsewhere on this forum many times but the classic show often featured videos from lesser known rock and metal acts and the duo are still wearing their AC/DC and Metallica shirts so is it really too much to ask for them to comment on a least a couple of rock videos?

20. AKA

21. AKA

22. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Nice, glad it's coming back. I thought the first season of the reboot was a lot better than the season that came out maybe 10 years ago.

23. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Never needed the first time around..
    Though one good came out of it Daria........

24. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Not sure there is enough there to sustain a whole new series, but there is at least a generation who are adults now and have never seen it. It will be interesting to see how it is received.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

much better