Mike Myers to return for a 4th Austin Powers film

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

From Internet Movie Database.

Austin Powers Set To Return for Fourth Movie

Mike Myers is set to make one final outing as spoof spy Austin Powers...

The Wayne's World comic is working on a script and there are plans to go into pre-production in the spring, with the shoot taking place at Shepperton and Pinewood studios in England before the end of the year. Myers will take on writing and directing duties and will star as a variety of characters, including Austin, Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard. In the fourth movie in the series, Austin will be reunited with all his leading ladies from the previous three films: Liz Hurley, Heather Graham and Beyonce Knowles. There are once again expected to be a number of cameos from Hollywood stars.

As Andrew would say, "bring it". :laugh:

It will be nice to Liz Hurley back. I thought she did a fine job in the first film. Maybe we'll get another Ming Tea song as well. Love those collaborations with Steve Wynn, Matthew Sweet, Suzanna Hoffs, and Myers.

Every time I see Dr. Evil on the screen, he cracks me up. I like the Evil character better than Austin. Hopefully no Fat B*stard next time up.

Austin Powers 4 - Octopussy :laugh: Yeah, just use an actual Bond title this time. They wouldn't have to change it around.

Attached Files:

2. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

Heather....

groooowwwwwllllllll....

puuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Come to me rollergirl

3. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Shouldn't this thread also be titled "Flogging a Dead Horse"?

I thought the third installment was surprisingly bad. I don't know if I was too familar with the characters or what, but a lot of the humor seemed to have regressed from parody and satire into grade school fart and poop jokes and simple-minded cruelty.

Who knew it was possible to dummy down Austin Powers? They really need help with the scripts.

4. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

I had a hard time deciding if this should be moved to the Visual Arts forum.

But it is visual. And it is art... kinda... sorta...uh... right?

5. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Art? Well, in a way.
    The Dr. Evil rap scene had me laughing harder than I can remember. That and a few other good chuckles makes the 3rd installment worth seeing (if you like Austin Powers and all) but still the weakest of the three.
    My fave was the second film, "The Spy Who Shagged Me". Hard to beat Heather Graham and a cameo by Elvis Costello!!

Dan C

6. michael w

michael w New Member

Gaaaawd no !!!!!!

He should have stopped after the first one.

There's only so much you can do with a single joke.

:p

cheerio

Mark Nelson likes this.
  7. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

Oh yes - Heather is very visual :D :love: a true work of art :love:

&ru

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Maybe I'm alone here, but I laughed my butt off when I saw Goldmember. I thought it was great, although, yes, it did recycle a lot(a LOT) of the jokes. If the next one is the last, so be it. It'll be great to see Liz Hurley again!:love:

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I think this franchise is seriously out of gas. Dr. Evil in particular was a brilliant comic creation, but if he and Powers are now on the same side, where else can this go? I suppose they set things up for Scott Evil to take over, but he's certainly not a formidable foil for Powers.

I loved the first movie, it was a loving and right-on parody of not only the Bond pictures, but other cheesy 60s spy flicks like Matt Helm and Flint. But really, by the third one, why would Powers still be wearing "groovy" 60s fashions if he's been back in the "modern world" for several years? Why, except that the script calls for it?

And what's with Goldmember eating large flakes of his own skin? "We'd better throw in some gross-out humor to keep the Jackass crowd interested." Bleah.

10. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

The first one was my favorite and the second one was the big hit. While I enjoyed the second one, I really had no interest in the third one. I saw it anyway and didnt think it was that good. The Goldmemeber character was terrible and fat bastard was poorly written crap humor, literally. How far can you go with parody? It's kind of like Get Smart. For awhile it is cool, then the same jokes start to wear a little thin. Notice how well the New Get Smart that was on Fox a few years back did. Missed it by that much.

11. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

I do not think much of the series in general, but I thought Goldmember was particularly lame. Michael Caine's presence on the screen is usually enough to make a movie watchable... not here. I had low expectations initially, but they proved to be too high after watching that thing:D

12. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Sorry Jeff. I was half asleep when I started this thread. I was hoping no one would notice where I placed it. :o :eek:

Yes the third Powers film was the weakest for sure, but maybe with the return of Liz Hurley :love: and Heather Graham :love: AND a decent script the film might be more fun like the first one. Yes, watching Michael Caine in Goldmember had me wondering if he was in his "late years". Then seeing him recently in The Quiet American restored my faith in the wonderful actor. It was his best peformance in years, maybe his best ever.

13. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Sad that it's eleven years later, and this STILL hasn't happened. This could be the career boost that Mike DESPERATELY needs right now.

14. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

And what happened to the Keith Moon movie he was working on?

15. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Probably went the way of Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie....

16. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I am waiting for a proper movie version of
    Adam Adamant Lives!

17. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

From what I understand his on-set tantrums and related delayed/cancelled projects and failures (Cat in the Hat, Love Guru) have resulted in a lot of doors being closed. His bad behaviour on-set during the Love Guru which was largely filmed in Toronto has made him a loathed person within the local film industry of his own home town.

Look it up on the internet, if even half the stories are true he's a colostomy bag of epic proportions.

mikeyt likes this.
  18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

This. I could not make it through 20 minutes of the third one. The morbidly obese character was unfunny in the extreme and adding the other characters smelled to me like a combination of desperation and out of control ego.

19. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

...then he'll do another Waynes World flick - even though Dana Carvey has enough sense to not be involved.

20. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

4th time unlucky. Humour too dated for 2014 methinks.

21. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Maybe this one will have him time-traveling all the way back to 1997.

drivingfrog likes this.
  22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Haven't heard from Mike in quite a while.

Sounds interesting....

23. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I would welcome a fourth Austin Powers movie.

25. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

He needs to start treating people with some kindness and respect. imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.