Miles Davis - The Definitive Bootleg Series Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lonson, Oct 30, 2011.

1. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

Remember also you take off 20% VAT from Amazon UK before shipping (if you are outside Europe). I have found that international shipping is generally less from Amazon UK than from their other European sites. Your postage may vary, of course.

2. Burnt

Burnt Well-Known Member

Just stumbled upon this thread. Glad to hear more live Miles is being released. :edthumbs:

3. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I ordered from Amazon.de and total with shipping was about 21 euros which appears to be about $27. Unless price drops substantially here or in UK, this is far away best price (or so it appears).

4. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

I just compared both and it works out to roughly $30 from the UK and $34 from Germany. I guess it comes down to where you live and what your currency is worth too. Either way, $30 looks like a bargain for this set :):thumbsup:

5. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

From UK - Price would be 18.99 GBP/1.2 + 3.58 GBP (standard delivery) = 19.41 GBP = $31.19 at today's exchange rates

From Germany - Price would be 20.99 Euro/1.19 + approx 6 Euro (standard including component for weight) = 23.64 Euro = $30.89

Conclusion: Cost is approx equal.

6. chriss71

chriss71 Active Member

For me a no brainer...

7. It costs under 21 Euros incl. shipping from Amazon Germany (the actual price shipped to the U.S. is a few cents less than the price incl. free shipping to Germany, since the VAT is a bit more than the shipping costs to the U.S.). That is no more than $28 and less than what it costs on Amazon UK.

8. Shipping cost from Amazon Germany to the U.S. is only a little over 3 Euros if you choose the cheapest shipping method, so it is at least $3 cheaper from Amazon Germany. Plus, the release date in Germany is over a week earlier.

9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

10. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I would assume everyone who is interested in this already has the Sony Japan 1969 Juan Pins Miles cd right?

11. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

YA.

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

13. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

The DVD that came with Vol.1 was region-free and (unfortunately) NTSC, so I guess this one is too.

14. Well, I don't. Never came across a copy in a store and didn't buy a 2nd hand copy online either.

15. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks, Hans. Much appreciated. I'm not home to check my DVD from Volume 1 (U.S. copy).

16. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Forgot to add that I got my Vol.1 from Amazon Germany.

17. Yazid Manou

Yazid Manou Forum Resident

Here is the packshot :

[​IMG]

YM

D Schnozzman likes this.
  18. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I paid 20,93 euros when I ordered this last week. about $28 US dollars. Dramatically less than via amazon.com.

19. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

My card was charged $27.80 shipped here. Not bad considering it is still $39.95 on amazon.com.

20. Nice to know that next Tuesday night I will be getting rid of my Nov 5 Stockholme CD boot and Nov 7 Berlin DVD boot!

21. Anyone know if there will be a single disc sampler for this one like there was for vol 1?

22. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

...just listening to CD1 (Antibes, 25 July 1969) - incendiary stuff.

23. Philsyson

Philsyson Member

Just ordered mine from amazon.de should have it by the 28th. Anyone already got theirs? If so...

How is the sound quality?

Is it factory sealed?

Thanks!

24. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

Considering its official bootleg status, I'd say the sound quality is surprisingly good (although it must be said that I have only listened it on headphones so far which makes it difficult to say anything conclusive). On the Antibes recordings the trumpet is perhaps a tad overbearing at times, but generally speaking the whole set is even more enjoyable than I dared to expect sound-wise.

Mine was.

25. Philsyson

Philsyson Member

Thanks for this info. Can't wait to get it! Any of the usual hyperbole promo stickers all over it?