Million-Dollar Home Video Collection

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

Eh, I made my own and just listen to my stuff. But I'm aware that the Internet is a dark place.

2. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Oops, I meant CDs for recycling. CDs are polycarbonate, so harder to recycle.

But yes, the cases are worth more than 5c. I was looking at some sealed CDrs the other day simply for the cases.

3. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Is it still a thing? 5-10 years cost of Netflix for a hard drive full of other people's choices. Reminds me of the hipster ipod from years back.

4. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Those kids are pirates.

Karnak likes this.
  5. Vidiot

A 10TB drive is only $180 these days. Just sayin'.

6. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Yes, but don't Netflix have family plans? Plus kids can just torrent the ones that aren't there. Maybe trading games drives, but actual drives with movies seems a little passe.

7. Vidiot

I'd rather have tight control over the quality of the movies, TV shows, and music I watch and listen to. The only way I can do that is do my own rips from my own discs, since then I know the origin of the source, and I know they weren't subjected to more compression and more problems. The torrents are a cacophony of confusion, put together by people who don't know what they don't know. They'll grab some syndicated crap off-air on cable, capture it, and call it a "DVD" or "HD," when really it's neither.

Shawn likes this.
  8. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

Really. Are these all rich kids from the Hamptons or the OC or where did they get all that money from? My parents certainly were not poor, but I could have never afforded that money when I was a kid.

9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The guy sold it ?

10. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Did you click on the link?

11. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I'd be worried downloading the movie and it crashes halfway through or at the end or there's no sound.
    Yep! Think my DVD library is going to outlast me.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  12. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

A million bucks? (ala Wayne Campbell) Pssshaw! As if!

Meanwhile, my local Goodwill was recently so overloaded with DVDs that they were selling them off at ten for a dollar for a couple of weeks.

13. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Comparing Goodwill to for example...the several hundred Criterion I see in the picture....sure same thing.

I am betting those Goodwill dvd's are in great condition too. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.