Mistakes in songs.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kaztor, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

I'm not familiar with the tune, but might the point not be that the Epping line is something historical that's been erased?

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  2. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's now the Mernda Line. She might as well have said pounds, shillings and pence.

3. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

"What did you hear my blue eyed son?
    What did you See (hyuk) my darling young one"

4. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

But if this ever changing world in which we're living, makes you give in and cry: Say "Live and let die"!

nikh33 and Michael Macrone like this.
  5. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working

I thought the bass player was late with the change.

6. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

One other factor likely contributing to the difference in sound is the fact that Paul went back through every track with Geoff Emerick at EMI and overdubbed his bass lines via "direct inject" (D.I.).

7. classicrockguy

classicrockguy Forum Resident

Dylan in "Rain Day Women",

"They'll stone you when you are ung and able...", I always love that part. Also when the people in the background are whooping it up and the guy in the background goes "yeeee hah" after one of the lines.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  8. classicrockguy

BJ Thomas in his version of "Little Green Apples"

"...when I look across that smiling lips that warm my heart..."

9. Cryptical17

Cryptical17 Forum Resident

Yellow Submarine

Ringo sings “Yellow Slubmarine”

squittolo likes this.
  10. classicrockguy

Also, I wonder if it was a mistake or not in CSN's "Marakkesh Express",
    "blowing smoke rings out the corner of mymymymymymy mouth..."

11. classicrockguy

Is there a tape error at the end of Santana's "Everything's Coming Our Way", when the song dips down and back up again at the end, or is that just them playing like that?

12. classicrockguy

On a roll here,
    at the end of Love's "The Good Humor Man" from "Forever Changes", it sounds like a CD skipping, but when I heard another version on Youtube it did the same thing, so I guess it's not my CD! I wonder what the story is about that track?

Grawlix and Lost In The Flood like this.
  13. RrobynneUK

RrobynneUK Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, a couple of the more painful examples I've noticed are the "scratch" at 4:28 during the final crescendo over Simon & Garfunkel's 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', and a "blip" at 2:22 during the second verse of Bowie's 'Ashes To Ashes'. There's an irritating "click" right at the beginning of Talking Heads' "Pulled Up", too, but at least that's during the first note.

The Futureheads' Barry Hyde released a fabulous little solo album called 'Malody' a few years back too and unfortunately the final track has bad clipping and artefacts throughout the second half on both the CD pressing and digital stores. Haven't got the vinyl but I assume the master's at fault which is a great shame. I'm just glad it didn't touch the fantastic Tom Waits and Prince covers on the second side of that album.

14. I wish they would have stopped at 1:09.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    sbsugar likes this.
  15. iambriandammit

iambriandammit Forum Resident

In the studio version of Red Ryder's "Avenue A" Tom Cochrane is doubling the vocal line. The it comes to the line "Teach then how to laugh and feel..." he comes in a line early on one of the vocal takes. For some reason it got left in.

note: just confirming on YouTube and it isn't there. Definitely there, however on the version I have. Must have edited for later versions somewhere along the way.

16. TMegginson

TMegginson Forum Resident

The entirety of Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer" is historically incorrect.

Awesome song, though.

Lost In The Flood and lobo like this.
  17. iambriandammit

iambriandammit Forum Resident

Since lyrics that makes no sense are an acceptable interpretation of mistakes in this thread, here's one I've hated since I've noticed it. But spoiler alert, it completely ruined the song for me. So if you don't want the song ruined, don't keep reading.

In Rocket Man Elton John sings "All this science I don't understand. It's just my job 5 days a week." If you don't actually understand the science, they aren't sending you to mars to do the science, even if you can play a mean piano. Also, scientific experiments on mars isn't really a 9-5 Monday-Friday job.

izgoblin likes this.
  18. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

Radiohead's "Creep." I believe Johnny's string scraping before the choruses was always meant to be removed but was left in due to its sheer awesomeness.

Leslie K Crosby likes this.
  19. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

Indochine's "Des fleurs pour Salinger". Pronounced as the verb "to linger" (not "lindjer") on the album and single version.

Someone must have told them right after the recording. :D Very quickly in interview, they talked about "Salindjer", and it was sung that way in every live performance.

20. SirNoseDVoid

SirNoseDVoid Forum Resident

The Congo's "Ark of the Covenant" (on the classic Heart of the Congos reggae lp). Seems like they're mixing up the Ark of the Covenant and Noah's Ark when they're singing about "A pair of everything was saved in the ark, even the ants... "

21. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

0:46 "Et bientôt vous verrez mon oeuvre, je vous mettrai zzzzzzzzzzà l'épreuve".

Very common mistake in french : write "je vous mettrais" (conditional) instead of "je vous mettrai" (future).

It's future here (and it's spelled correctly on the lyric sheet) but pronounced as if the s was there!

ianuaditis likes this.
  22. burntprairie

burntprairie Forum Resident

Deep Purple doing Highway Star on Made in Japan, Gillan messes up the lyric in the 3rd verse. The lines on Machine Head are
    Nobody gonna take my head I got speed inside my brain
    Nobody gonna steal my head Now that I'm on the road again
    On Made in Japan, Gillan sings "Nobody gonna take my head now that I'm on the road again, Nobody gonna take my head, now that...yeah yeah yeah
    Sounds like after singing the second line in place of the first, he realizes what he did and instead of singing the second line again, he does the yeah yeah thing.

Man at C&A likes this.
  23. Babysquid

Babysquid Forum Resident

Shut your mouth..

Lost In The Flood and nikh33 like this.
  24. Babysquid

Babysquid Forum Resident

The Rolling Stones - Satisfaction
    Keith steps on his fuzz too early before one of the choruses, he then switches it off only to step on it too late for the actual chorus.

25. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

There is another UK lp mix (it's on one of the box sets) that does not have this ending.

The daft skipping used to annoy me, but the other version seemed to be a bit dull without it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.