Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Most likely, Music Direct is better able to handle large quantities for shipping etc.

2. MartyTem

MartyTem Forum Resident

I just got off the phone with Music Direct to update a credit card on my Ultradisc One Step pre-orders. After handling the update, the customer service rep offered to me that they expected to ship BOTW before "the end of (this) Spring".

rollo5 likes this.
  3. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

patience

MartyTem likes this.
  4. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Starting to think I wandered into the Guns N' Roses thread by mistake.

5. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I'm glad to hear that they nailed down a date! lol. Good lord, they are taking their sweet time in releasing this. And funny thing, this particular pressing is already added to the new HP Superdisc list from Absolute Sound. Did someone hear a test pressing of it already? If they added it, it would be nice to see a review.

6. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water is my last OneStep purchase I have the other three. The only other one that I'd definitely buy would be a 4 LP 180g 45RPM version of "Jesus Christ Superstar" Original London Cast concept album 1971 for $199.99, complete with textured cover, gold leaf logo, full size libretto, booklet of the making of with rare pictures, facts and the evolution of. But that will never happen. I have two copies, one of the original DECCA and I believe the other is MCA. Besides, OneSteps take up too much space.

7. Sam

Sam Senior Member

And why is this? Too much money? It certainly can't be due to poor sound quality.

8. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

Not a fan of the proposed upcoming releases.

9. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I hear you. Plus, at the rate they are going, we won't here about newer titles until 2112.

10. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

I had to call Music Direct a few days ago to give them the number for my new Master Card since the old one got compromised. I asked about the release date and was told there was a delay with the production of something or other and they are expecting the release date to be some time in early summer. Like everyone else I had expected it to be released already. Wrong again. Dang.

Mr. Explorer and Tommyboy like this.
  11. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

What are the upcoming releases after Bridge Over Troubled Water? Are there any preorders up for them yet?

12. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

I listed them here, by catalog number: New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

You can preorder them all by calling Music Direct. None past Bridge Over Troubled Water is listed online yet, though.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Any word about Dire Straits SACDs?

15. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Just in case anyone is interested MF takes a tour of MD and they talk about the One Step releases. I'm curious how they still have copies of TF that aren't sold...take a look(Starts at about 25:00):

16. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

The man from Music Direct is a very patient and cordial fellow.

The best part of the video was when he joked that the MFSL Layla sounded so good that you could hear them snorting blow off the mixing desk.

Also very interesting to me that the Weezer blue album is MFSL’s best selling title ever. I’ve meant to buy that record a few times; came out during a great time in my life.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    dolsey01 and Twinsfan007 like this.
  17. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

It was interesting to hear that Urban Outfitters is a huge client and Weezer "Blue" is a title they purchased large quantities of.

Mr. Explorer and James Bennett like this.
  18. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Typical! Always the production delay.

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Well, since I'm not buying that house, I just re-pre-ordered BOTW again. :winkgrin:

Listening to Vic Anesini's mastering of the title track right now.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Anyone else notice that latest prices for one step titles is now $125.

21. Myke

Just checked Bridge, and it's still $99.99.

22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yes, that is the price for BOTW, which will not see an increase, as it is in production. I just preordered Couldn't Stand the Weather. I was told all one step titles have a price increase as of last week. So anyone ordering before last week is paying $99.99. As of now, we must pay $125.

23. Myke

That sucks. Esp, since the AP 2 x 45 series sound great for 44% of the cost.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  24. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

That’s going to turn off a lot of people, I would think. Fortunately I don’t care to get one steps of the next few titles.

Myke likes this.
  25. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

And by the way, shouldn’t a one step release cost less because there are less steps? :laugh::laugh:

David P. Hill and Myke like this.