Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That depends. I just got a couple from Music Direct, several years after their releases, for much cheaper, due to 20% off sales. I surmised that if AS still has plenty, it's likely they're shipping them out to other retailers as well. Just takes a few weeks, which MD warned me of in both cases.

2. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

It's just much easier getting replacements for defective AP vinyl from Acoustic Sounds.

FashionBoy, Cassius and Myke like this.
  3. Myke

As many times as I've spoken to Chad, I'm not worried about that.

4. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

Not my experience. In spite of spending thousands at both retailers, MD has always been accommodating and helpful for the handful of bad pressings I’ve received - no matter the label. AS, on the other hand, gave me the third degree, made me pay return shipping and was extremely slow shipping out the replacement product and these were AP/QRP titles. MD’s customer service won me over and they’re always my first stop now.

FashionBoy, MikeT, Myke and 1 other person like this.
  5. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

The Music Direct 20% off sales are absolutely the way to purchase music. Their free shipping over $50 combined with their 20% off sales are hard to beat. All of my Music Direct purchases are postponed until they run the sale. They run the sale frequently, but for usually only about 3 days. It pays to be on their Email list. There are some items that are not allowed in the 20% cart when shopping. The MFSL One-Step pressings and the Pink Floyd Pulse box are disqualified when the sale is on, but all other pre-order and in-stock MFSL titles qualify. The Pulse box does qualify for the 10% sales. I'm getting the feeling that a number of those MFSL preorders are about to hit my credit card. :help:

teag and Myke like this.
  6. Sam

Sam Senior Member

So, it's now July 3rd, and still no word.

7. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

I would guess they are waiting until it the pre-order sells out to maintain the
    mystique of these releases.

8. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

They shouldn’t have made 7,500. That isn’t very limited. Heck their norm for limited is 3,000.

Mr Bass, dkurtis, FashionBoy and 3 others like this.
  9. Myke

6 days ago :
    :laugh:

Ricardo Cosinaro likes this.
  10. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

7500 is a lot but they did sell out at 6000. I remember the Bill Evans selling out 3 months before it was released. Since it's bascially store front distributed from MusicDirect/Mofi, I would say 5000 is around the magic number to satisfy 99% of the demand.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  11. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

They didn't do that with the Fagen, did they?

12. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

Not sure a 100%, but I think MusicDirect was sold out but the Mofi store store had few left around the week of release.

13. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

Omfg when is this friggin Simon and Garfunkel going to ship

rollo5 and ted321 like this.
  14. Myke

:biglaugh:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    AtlTrav, noname74 and klownschool like this.
  15. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Ahhh....the sounds of Simon & Garfunkel silence.

16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

MFSL is way past the 6 months between one step releases. They have another 5 releases that they have taken pre-orders on. It could easily be 5 years from now before they release what they have already taken pre-orders on.

rollo5 and Echoes Myron like this.
  17. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

Not to mention too, where are the rest of the Dire Straits 45rpm lp's. That has been a long, long, long wait also. Considering Brothers in Arms has been out for years.

Sorry to get off topic. I have 2 BTW pre ordered as well as the Stevie Ray's.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  18. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

In the interim vinyl continued to blow up and Warner Brothers realized it could make more money putting out a Dire Straits box set themselves , instead of licensing it to Mofi I don't expect to ever see the rest of those titles unfortunately.

marcb, Mr Bass, mpayan and 2 others like this.
  19. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

Omg is there any news. I want this record already

20. Myke

Late summer, early autumn. Seriously.

21. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

No way to know if this is accurate or not but last week I got an email from Collector's Choice Vinyl and it showed the BOTW One-Step available for pre-order with a release date of August 3.

22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

This could get expensive if someone has ordered the Hendrix UHQR and SACD titles, as well. Not to mention the Oppo 205.

23. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

I would like to thumbs down this post.

24. Myke

25. Myke

If you've planned on these purchases, it doesn't matter when you're charged for them. You knew they were coming, and should have prepared for them by whatever financial method you use to pay various insurance premiums, and life expenses.
    Don't spend it now, and it'll be fine then.