Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

They told me they got about half the copies in. I ordered on October 1st, hope I don't have to wait too long.

RobCos02330 likes this.
  2. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

I ordered the same day! Fingers crossed we hear soon.

3. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

After reading your post I decided to check my copy out and lo and behold my copy also is made with the new "SuperVinyl"! Stuck it up to a light and could see my fingers behind it. I guess there was a perk for waiting forever to purchase it!

AtlTrav likes this.
  4. I too purchased mine recently but no super vinyl unfortunately.

Still sounds phenomenal though :D

5. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

My Marvin Gaye shipped earlier today!

FashionBoy likes this.
  6. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

It will soon be Here, My Dear. :tiphat:

Adamski777 likes this.
  7. gubarenko

gubarenko Guy From Russia

Ive been charged for Gaye tonight, but here's the thing. I'm in line to receive replacement second disc of S&G and it's in shippable status for more than a month. So I've asked yesterday why it's shippable, but not shipped.

the replacement pieces for Simon and Garfunkel arrived damaged to our warehouse.
    Therefore, we had to refuse the shipment and we are now waiting for new replacement pieces for that title. It is not typical to receive damaged shipments but it can occur from time to time. As this was a shipment for replacement pieces we had to refuse and request a new shipment.

Here's our MFSL or RTI quality control if they supply Music Direct with damaged replacements, glad that MD decided no to ship damaged product.

bluejimbop and pinkrudy like this.
  8. Cervelo

Cervelo Forum Resident

It sounds to me like replacements were damaged by the freight carrier after leaving RTI

Carter DeVries likes this.
  9. gubarenko

gubarenko Guy From Russia

I guess it can happen if RTI badly packaged them.

10. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

What do you think, please? Any improvement? Details?

bluejimbop likes this.
  11. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Makes me long for the Yes Fragile One-Step.

12. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Anyone get a shipment notification today??

TheVillageRecorder likes this.
  13. Cervelo

Cervelo Forum Resident

Received #781 today. label reads pressed on Supervinyl. I won't be able to listen until later tonight.

14. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

#563 and #564 arrived an hour ago.

bluejimbop likes this.
  15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

My status today is shippable. Yesterday it was backordered. I ordered in late oct.

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  16. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

My credit card has been charged. No email notice yet. Order status now says shippable.

17. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Through Dogman (and maybe Ear Candy), yes. Probably some form of digital after.

18. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I ordered mine on MD, Oct. 5th, status, unshipped and backordered. My card hasn't been charged yet. Probably anyday now since Tullman's is shippable and late Oct.

19. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I ordered August 13th. Eta is tomorrow.

20. Louder666

Louder666 Active Member

Mine arrives Thursday, looking forward to this one!

21. Latech

Latech Forum Resident

I ordered Sept 8 and mine arrives tomorrow

22. DrewBdewBdew

DrewBdewBdew Well-Known Member

Funny how The NightFly One-Step shows again on the MD website but I called as instructed and they are no longer taking anymore orders. A little late I was.

23. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Same here. Can't believe I never owned this album before. I've been youtubing it for the past 6 months or so and its wonderful. Looking forward to the upgrade.

24. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

ETA is Friday... any word on the sound quality?

25. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

The MusicDirect website shows the Marvin Gaye as sold out online, too. But it does have the message about calling them to inquire. I looked at the MoFi (not MusicDirect) website this morning and they are showing availability.

I have developed a theory, a hypothesis of sorts about the phenomenon of shipping updates on threads like this one. While they are typically insufferable and serve no purpose to the general audience, my hypothesis is that guys post that nonsense so they can go back and find threads they are interested in without following that thread, per se. For instance, I'll come on the forum and locate the Your Content in the dropdown to see if there's anything new on the threads where I have posted. Maybe that explains why we've received so many shipping updates, a couple of which are in receipt of their boxes! They are like squirrels burying nuts in the ground that they intend to come back and harvest on a cold day. Ha.

I'd just like to see an honest review. I'll be posting my review and I don't mean maybe.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019