Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I finally got the Blood On The Tracks. If it's a favorite album, it's worth getting. Some tracks sound better than others. Still, I'd say, personally, that the improvement in sound doesn't greatly add to the emotional or visceral impact of the album. It doesn't reveal greater insight into his lyrics or performance. But the mastering is first rate - liquid and buttery.

My copy is close to flawless, both physically and sonically. No discoloration on the cardboard LP sleeves. The discs are flat. Side 3, alas, is audibly off-center, but tolerable.

The inner rice paper sleeves exhibited some static cling to the records, but my Mapleshade brush with the grounding wire took any static away, and surfaces were quiet.

RiRiIII likes this.
  2. shaft

shaft Forum Resident

Yes finally my replacement LP arrived and I can enjoy the whole PIJ Bill Evans in all it's glory. The LP is not 100% flat but it sounds good so I'm happy.
    All is well that ends well!

3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I’d love to see a one step reissue of Frank Sinatra’s In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning. I love that album and it sounds great, in spite of it being a mono recording.

Twinsfan007 and Hgavinyl like this.
  4. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Anything yet? We still want to know if you actually got the Yes Fragile One Step!!!

5. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

Me too! Still no package at this point in time. They tracked it to be delivered yesterday even when there was an actual weather event! Not to be and I’m getting annoyed. So I called MD today and had them trace it themselves. MD called me back and said it will now be delivered sometime before Saturday! FedEx admitted it wasn’t weather related and it was due to them behind on deliveries! So they just gave me a bogus weather excuse come to find out. Incredible.

6. AnalogJ

A company covering their own ass? Even more incredible. ;)

Have you, indeed, confirmed that the Ultradisc Fragile is in your shipment?

From Music Direct's website on the Fragile page:

"TBA
    This product has not yet been released from the manufacturer and will be shipped once it becomes available."

7. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

UPS is as bad.

mpayan likes this.
  8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah, Grohl fan is the only person on here that claims they sent the one step Yes record. Why haven't many others chimed in as has happened for other one step releases.

9. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

It's probably Slim Whitman.:D

AnalogJ likes this.
  10. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

Well the shipment facts state it’s weighs 3.8 pounds and the invoice includes both names of the two one step releases. I have Thelonious Monk in there too. Will keep you posted. I wasn’t aware of the one step Slim Whitman Tullman.:D

11. Piero

Piero Forum Resident

Have you news about the One Step S.R.Vaughan"Couldn't stand the weather "?

12. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

I would like to know too. It's like this got announced a long time ago and then fell off the face of the earth .

13. AnalogJ

You realize that if you take away the actual discs, the box and innards weighs 2 lbs. :)

14. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

The mystery will be solved as FedEx just put my tracking # set for delivery today. We shall see.

15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Enough with the FedEx already. Music Direct has it listed as out of stock, which means they had stock. So, it’s probably coming your way!

16. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

Mine is scheduled to be delivered Monday the 23rd.

17. AnalogJ

Jim, MoFi lists Fragile as a preorder.

18. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

MD has it as out of stock.

19. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

@AnalogJ, @Tullman , looks like the first wave of these has shipped from Music Direct. My Yes Fragile is due to be delivered tomorrow.

20. AnalogJ

Well, COOL!

I'm waiting for reviews on this one. If they're more than merely positive, I'll pull the trigger and order one. I got and returned the recent Rhino one, as the sound underwhelmed me.

snorker likes this.
  21. AnalogJ

You had already posted that. I posted what MoFi's site states. Take your pick.

22. vinylvin

vinylvin Forum Resident

Could please tell me you ordered?

23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

My Fragile One-Step shipped yesterday Fed-Ex Smartpost, originally indicated to be delivered on Monday 12/23. But since Music Direct seemed to move to Fed-Ex Smartpost (instead of Fed-Ex ground) - my package is being routed to the USPS, and now has a scheduled delivery date of 12/27. This is something new from Music
    Direct, since up until a few weeks they shipped Fed-Ex ground for orders over $100.00. I don't like this new "standard", as before I always got my items in 2 business days, not it looks like a week for delivery. :(

24. vinylvin

vinylvin Forum Resident

I meant to say when you ordered "Fragile"

25. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

January 14, 2019. Ordered Mingus Ah Um at the same time. Wonder when that will ship...