Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

Mine shipped FedEx home delivery. Maybe because I ordered nearly a year ago...

2. vinylvin

vinylvin Forum Resident

Thanks, I ordered mine 9/19.

snorker likes this.
  3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I have every One-step on pre-order - placed as soon as I heard you could call them and place the pre-order over the phone. My last two orders that were shipped to me (this one and one I placed earlier in the week), both went FedEx Smartpost. The order I placed earlier in the week offered FedEx home at an extra $9+, and my order was nicely over $100.00. The one-step, as mentioned, was pre-ordered so I had no choice on how they sent the package.

The curious thing is both packages when first tracked via Fed-Ex had delivery dates 2 business days from when I ordered (Fri 12/20 and Mon 12/23 for the One-step). Once they started moving from the first depot, the delivery dates were changed to 12/26 and 12/27 respectively - and instead of going from Chicago towards NJ, they ended up in Wisconson, where they entered the "smartpost" system.

I order a lot from Music Direct, and this was the first time this has ever occurred. They would always ship Fed-Ex Home (ground) with a 2 day turn-around in the past, as recently as 1 month ago.

FashionBoy and snorker like this.
  4. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Bummer, but sometimes packages get re-routed to the wrong place, Fed-Ex does not have a monopoly on this shipping issue.

5. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Twinsfan007 likes this.
  6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

My copy is due to arrive Friday.

7. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Last I'm going to mention this..... But I wonder whether it is better to go with USPS media mail or FedEx Smartpost. Here is something I found about FedEx Smarpost:

Fedex smartpost is indeed a service that is an utter failure. The reason is it's all moved on trucks, however the items sit at a station until the truck is filled with other like products headed in the same direction. So the packages are delayed for extended periods of time.

I might call Music Direct on Monday and ask why they switched from FedEx Home Ground to Fedex Smartpost for orders over $100.00... or what level of order will guarantee delivery by FedEx Home Ground

So I wait while my Onestep (as well as my other Music Direct order) goes from Chicago to Wisconsin (the hub for FedEx Smartpost) then on to Ohio and hopefully New Jersey after that.

8. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

FedEx Ground is FedEx trucks handling all along the way. Smartpost, to my understanding, hands off to USPS at one point. It's cheaper for the seller.

9. vinylvin

vinylvin Forum Resident

Mine shipped also.

10. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

March 2019

vinylvin likes this.
  11. Matt R.

Matt R. Forum Resident

I am 30 miles from Music Direct. Stuff used to show up the next day. The last thing that came smart post from them took a week.

12. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

My exact thoughts. I specifically ordered more than $100.00 to avoid the truck sitting at the fedex depot waiting to be filled. Music Direct down graded us without telling us...D*** move.

RobCos02330 likes this.
  13. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

its because it’s free, 9.99 on Mofi site it still gets delivered fedex

14. AnalogJ

Is it really worth spending $10 just to get it a few days sooner? And how much more to upgrade shipping with Music Direct?

15. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

Well mine failed to get here these last few days. It’s in MOFI’s hands now.

16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

What a shocker. FedEx is a fail.

vinylvin and Grohlfan like this.
  17. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Okay they charged my card but it was for aeound $137. So since when did they get rid of free shipping?!? I'm pissed! As well as frustrated that its coming out right around Christmas. My Christmas budget is blown

18. AnalogJ

Who is the "They"?

19. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Zero chance at present I would think with the Panegyric KC reissues still in full swing. These actually sound very good.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  20. Classicrock

So nobody received 'Fragile' yet?

21. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

mine is due christmas eve - according to the discogs track listing there are only 5 sides for this one.

22. Classicrock

Don't you mean 3 sides? It's a double not triple. This is why I thought pass when announced. It's two fairly short sides at 33 rpm. Likely will save for the Paul Simon which Is likely a year or more away. Just got the Dire Straits titles which I must have waited at least 3 years for.

Actually they stretch it to 4 sides with 'Heart of the Sunrise' on side D. 3 sides under 10 minutes.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  23. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Could it be tax and not shipping?

24. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

4 sides, yes my math is poor.

25. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

To me, yes, to keep it out of the hands of the US post office

djost likes this.