Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

So the full list

next up
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand the Weather

Pre-2020 list
    Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years
    Blood, Sweat & Tears - Blood, Sweat & Tears
    Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado

2020 list
    Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin’ Simon
    Elvis Presley - From Elvis in Memphis
    Cannonball Adderly - Somethin’ Else
    Muddy Waters - Folk Singer
    Eric Clapton - Unplugged
    Boston - Boston

I think that's all that have been mentioned - please correct if I'm wrong

2. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

ELO Eldorado may be a no go.

bajaed and Greenmonster2420 like this.

3. Well, you can wait for the Official Advertising notice for each on their website as each gets the Official Announcement and For Sale notice.

But, again, by then they could be sold out.

Your choice.

My first choice was to wait, and Abraxis was gone. Haven't waited since.

Less likely now since production numbers are up, but still a possibility.

thxphotog and Spencer R like this.
  4. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Yeah not likely to sell out by phone but then again we don't know quantities. I too drug my feet on Abraxas and am still bummed.

5. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Many people will probably have to curtail purchases like this in the current economic climate. I’ve only bought two of these - Bridge Over Troubled Water and Blood on the Tracks - for that reason. I really wanted the Yes One Step, but couldn’t quite justify it to myself.

6. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

ELO has been pulled for now but possibly later and Boston is in the queue, but not quite ready for preorder. This is what I was told anyway, but the rest of the list seems correct.

7. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Like you, just now ordering some of these. I am a likely candidate to have already have purchased all of the previous releases, and I have no explanation other than I was busy buying many other records, still no excuse as I feel a bit like a fool here.

Going with Mingus, Dylan, and Yes. I am so looking forward to hearing these. I'm sure I will regret not coming on board sooner. But better late than never, is better than never I guess.

Somewhat puzzled by the new set of releases that are coming though...Already have some great versions of "Folk Singer", but that might be tempting.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  8. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Are those 3 still available? Who did you order them from?

Geoffsterpiano likes this.
  9. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

The Mingus and the Yes are still available on the MoFi website. I checked Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, and Music Direct and they weren't currently in stock on those sites. .

10. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yes is not available on the MOFI or MD sites. Acoustic Sounds has Fragile at list. Elusive Disc has Yes for $199.99. Mingus will become available at some point, but I'm not sure how many are left to be pressed. MD has Yes as no longer available. We're getting close to the end.

Yes - Fragile (Limited Edition UltraDisc One-Step 45rpm Vinyl 2LP)

formu_la and Spencer R like this.
  11. AnalogJ

Sorry, on the MoFi site, it states it as being out of stock but still in print.

Patience?

12. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Nowhere does the MOFI site indicate still in print. If MD says no longer for purchase I doubt MOFI gets anymore copies either, unless some other vendor returns copies to them. If they were still pressing these MD would make pre-orders available.

13. Sam

Sam Senior Member

They're not aiming at you with that particular release. It's aimed at the some of the 17 million other people (based on current sales figures) who originally bought the lp.

bajaed likes this.
  14. :kilroy:

Monks Dream just popped in the Classifieds for $95 shipped

(No affiliation with seller)

15. AnalogJ

Yes it does - by icon. Those albums that are out of print are grayed out and say "Sold Out". Fragile and Ah Um are both in color and when you drill down, the Fragile says "Out of Stock".

16. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Dmann201 and pinkrudy like this.
  17. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

I read your post this morning and when I got home I finally opened my Blood On The Tracks One Step. I took the LP's out of the MoFi sleeves, put them near my arm and sure enough the hair on my arm was majorly static'ed.

I just today received a played one time Classic Records Quadrophenia set that were in MoFi sleeves. Took the LP's out and the same thing. I replaced all MoFi sleeves with Sleeve City Paper/Poly lined.

So, is it the MoFi sleeves that were the static culprit? Is that an indictment on MoFi sleeves? Or that all LP's regardless needed an initial cleaning and rinse. Important point as I was considering using MoFi's in the future.

18. DrewBdewBdew

DrewBdewBdew Well-Known Member

Never too late. Maybe one of the future releases will have that jaw-dropping sound like the very first One-Step release. It was worth the 2 years to wait for it on pre-order. Sadly ,still chasing the dragon as I have not gotten the same "WOW" effect as the Santana Abraxas One-Step. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying here as I have all of them minus Evans'- SATVV . They all are audiophile quality and gonna be pretty tough to top in my opinion.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  19. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Pioneer Supertuner! I had one of those! Hadn’t seen one of those in many years. Still looks cool!

20. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

1966 - '67 Chevelle. Pioneer Supertuner! Now, what it needs are some Jensen coaxial speakers in the rear window ledge. Oh, and some Colt 45 Tallboys under the seats.

"All right, all right, all right."

21. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

I opened my Bach Starker AP set. Nice looking vinyl.

So, I pulled all the LP's out of the QRP sleeves and while not as much as the MoFi sleeves, there was still static. Could it simply be that the LP's just need to be cleaned to rid the static and MoFi sleeves are ok?

And listen to this genius happenning.... I was pulling out all the Starker LP's to check out the vinyl..... I got to side 8 and the LP slipped out of my hand and 2 of my fingernails on my other hand put 2 long scratches through Bouree and Gavotte. Not deep but visible. Crap. What a clown move. Hope I didn't screw it up too badly.

22. AnalogJ

No. Things can obtain a static charge on their own. I think the "anti-static" sleeves are designed to be less prone to creating static when you pull an LP out of the them, but it's not like they're this lead shield that will ward away static.

vinylshadow likes this.
  23. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

Pressing a record will put static in it, so will playing it. Friction and plastic make static, just like rubbing a balloon in your hair. Water will discharge the static, that's why when we wash records they can get static free. However if using a vacuum RCM, people can over do the vacuuming as there again it's friction. You never want to just vacuum a dry record as the static charge will get really bad.

There is a stress put on the vinyl in pressing the records, there is a lot of friction playing a record as well. Putting a static charged record in a polly sleeve will no remove static.

The best thing about my Ultrasonic cleaning tank is it's heated. When records go in the tank they expand with the heat and look out of shape. I then pull them and let air dry, as they cool they contract back to their shape. This process totally remove all static in the record, it's like stress reliving the vinyl. When I play records and I'm done with it, I'll hold the record between my fingers and biceps, dusting it with a static removing brush. This helps the static and any dust from playing before going in the sleeve again.

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I was Class Of '76, so you can imagine how hard my jaw hit the floor the first time I saw Dazed And Confused. :laugh:

MisterBritt and bajaed like this.
  25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Nice try.