Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Do you doubt that those titles will ever be repressed?

2. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

J is correct that the Mofi site does not list Yes as "sold out",
    Ultradisc One-Step

Neither Mingus, Monk, or Yes have a "sold out" across them.
    If the Yes title is going to have more copies pressed, it could simply
    be that the Music Direct site has it set to "unavailable" either by mistake
    or they aren't taking back orders until the repress is scheduled.

But the two sites have conflicting information right now, both can't be correct.

AnalogJ likes this.
  3. AnalogJ

There ya go, Jim. :p

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yes, Fragile is done being pressed or MD would have it t for preorder. Of course the others will become available.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  5. Gdgray

Gdgray What if a 6 was a 9?

Yeah, I see the Mingus and Monk seem to come available and on back order in short order at Music Direct and Mofi. I placed advance on Monk and cancelled after reading about issues.
    I own three One Steps, just my own opinion based on my system and my Black Fire affected hearing. VV and BOTT are wonderful sounding records ...... PIJ doesn’t quite reach the same level of VV. I would agree these are not for everyone and the pricing issue for me is not a problem especially since MMJ’s pricing has a few in the $100-$125 range. Actually I only wanted to buy a few MMJ’s but got caught up in the fear of loss thing. I did buy three of my last purchases in the $100-$125 range and should have known better. I definitely am thinking the Monk maybe be the next One Step for me.

6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

;)
    Yeah he’s as confused as you.:p I am only speaking about Fragile.

7. Or you can just go order the Yes title from Acoustic Sounds where it is in stock

:shrug:

Dmann201 and Spencer R like this.
  8. AnalogJ

I called Music Direct. I spoke to a rep named Danny. He said that no more of the Fragile will be repressed, that it has reached the end of its run.

As mentioned, Acoustic Sounds has them.

Here's a store in NY that says on its website that it has 2 copies for sale @$125.

YES - FRAGILE (2LP) (180G 45RPM AUDIOPHILE SUPERVINYL ULTRADISC ONE-STEP) - Hi-Fit Hits

I saw a store in Toronto that is selling it for $142, presumably in Canadian dollars.

So they're around if anyone wants one.

Echoes Myron and Tullman like this.
  9. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I'm not confused about anything, simply pointed out what the Mofi website says,
    not commenting on the accuracy of the claim.

10. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I seem to remember ordering Santana Abraxis after it was announced online, and I got it OK. It did sell out very fast, though.

Dmann201 likes this.
  11. Jeff449

Jeff449 Forum Resident

That's what I just did.
    I've never imagined paying that much for a record (unless someone offered to sell their Evil Teen Records pressing of "dose" by Gov't Mule for only $100).
    But I knew I would be kicking myself in the but as soon as it went totally out of stock. So I pulled the trigger.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

seeing stevie ray vaughan couldnt stand the weather is up for pre-order now with no expected date.

djost and Juggsnelson like this.
  13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

This is all I was trying to say.

14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I know. I was joking around here with Jeff who used your post as some kind proof that Fragile wasn't out of print.

15. Dre327

Dre327 Well-Known Member

I just placed my order of Mingus with Music Direct. It shows out of stock, usually leaves our warehouse within 4-6 weeks. When you ordered yours, did it say the same thing??

16. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

If MoFi still has publishing rights to put out additional copies of Mingus Ah Um, and it's still selling, then I have no doubt that they will manufacture more when able.

17. NorthernFusion

NorthernFusion There's some fear in letting go...

I ordered mines back in April with the same out of stock status. It was ready to ship within two weeks and they won’t charge you anything until that happens.

AnalogJ likes this.
  18. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Yes, it did (which is why I was surprised it shipped out so quickly).

19. Dre327

Dre327 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the heads up...

20. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I'm fixing to place an order on MD site for the MFSL SRV "Couldn't Stand The Weather" One-Step 45rpm, 2-lps box set. Anyone heard what might be the next One-Step after SRV?

21. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

One person there told me they thought it would be Blood Sweat and Tears but couldn't guarantee it.

If anyone talks to a rep at MD and they give you any qualified info about what might be coming, don't come on here and give their name or all we'll be getting is "I don't know."

The couple of folks I've talked to are very careful not to promise anything and just offer opinions on what might be next.

Spencer R likes this.
  22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

The same goes for customer service at AS in regards to AP releases. No one wants to commit to anything. Again, this is what is so refreshing about Shane at Intervention Records, because he is willing to give customers the straight scoop.

23. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

Yep, and talk about accessible. Shane is the real deal.

Dignan2000 and Tullman like this.
  24. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Supporting Shane is a no-brainer- top quality product. I just hope he can ramp up his production of new titles sooner than later...

Dignan2000, Tullman and Guss2 like this.
  25. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Woot!
    Just placed my first One-Step pre-order.
    1 X Cannonball + 1 backup copy if allowed.
    Excited.
    Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV!

Echidna Arf and Echoes Myron like this.