Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Is there a AAA/Kevin Gray cut of Pearl? I dont remember that happening.

2. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

Coming in May and up for preorder at VMP

3. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

They issue albums that will sell. Oftentimes, when they do something different like the Knack, it doesn’t sell. They have just done Run-DMC, which was certainly outside the norm of what they usually do.

4. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

So did you call in your order and ask for 10% off or can you order them online and use a code there or....?

5. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

The VMP Pearl says it is cut by Ray Janos. Also, it doesn't specify AAA, but says "sourced from the original master".

The cancellation of the ELO One-Step is the worst news of this series so far, for me.

dkurtis and bmusic like this.
  6. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

7. Where are you seeing the David Crosby pre order? I don't see it on MD or MoFi.

8. Dougthesnail

You have to call their 1-800 number.

TheVillageRecorder likes this.
  9. MD or MoFi?

10. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Are the CSN and David Crosby one-steps cut by Grundman? I have both of those on Classic 33-1/3, which are going to sound very similar to 45 rpm cuts done at the time. Using old masters must save a lot of money, but it makes things a bit less interesting for people who fought these titles when they were originally released.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  11. Dougthesnail

I called Music Direct, but I imagine you could do it through Mofi.

TheVillageRecorder likes this.
  12. Tim Albertson

Tim Albertson Forum Resident

The David Crosby is not a One-Step. It is, however, pressed on Super Vinyl. The item number is LMF496SV if that helps. It is unlikely that either of these will be cut by Grundman as usually MOFI uses their own in-house mastering engineers.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  13. Dougthesnail

Those were Classic Records Pressings and the metalwork is property of Acoustic Sounds. These will be done by Kreig Wunderlich and are new cuts.

Spencer R likes this.
  14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Just got off the phone not an hour ago with MD. The guy said its more like in limbo. Maybe a chance. Doubt it, but it isnt completely cancelled.

formu_la, PoeRaider and dkurtis like this.
  15. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That’s right. Thanks. I was thinking of Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds. Well, it may be the same titles but at least it will be a new approach.

16. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

I was just trying to be helpful. I saw from master tapes and press at RTI. I guess I assumed it was Kevin Gray. My fault.

PoeRaider likes this.
  17. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Are you sure? yesterday they wouldn't give a 10% discount on the David Crosby pre-order, if you are correct I will complaining tomorrow. :shake:

AnalogJ likes this.
  18. Flusani

Flusani Forum Resident

I have to relisten. Dont remember any real surface noise......but something weird happened on Tin pan alley. Like the sound became all muffled for a few seconds. I just cleaned both discs and mine is C17 aswell. Will try to listen tomorrow

19. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Same thing on my copy but wouldn't describe as light noise - Repetitive crackles in right channel towards end and the odd one during the track. Hope this isn't a general problem as trying to get a replacement from the seller. It's not so bad with an ML stylus rather than Shibata tip I mainly use. Also 2nd disc dished quite a bit but at least my clamp flattens it.

Jason Simmons likes this.
  20. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Who did you talk to at MD to get that discount? I just called MD and spoke to Brian. He told me there's no such discount. He said they're not subject to discount, and his "hands are tied to giving one".

21. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Can someone list what items I can pre-order by phone. Is it just the one steps or all future MFSL titles?

22. Dougthesnail

I spoke to Brian today as well. The One-Steps and Supervinyl titles are not eligible for discount.

23. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

I've been wondering why for the last couple of weeks anyway, on the Music Direct website when you click on the BS&T OnStep picture at the bottom of the home page is states: "This product is not currently available for sale." On the Mofi website it is available and of course it is still on my orders. I've even applied a $50.00 MC gift card to it along with a $27.00 credit.

24. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I think you can pre-order all of the One Steps, 45 rpm LPs, and SACDs that are previewed in the 2021 Music Direct catalog, including the upcoming CSN, Paul Simon, Jeff Beck, David Crosby, etc. titles.

I think you can even pre-order some titles that haven’t been officially teased yet, including Paul Simon’s There Goes Rhymin’ Simon (a mock up of the One Step of Still Crazy After All These Years is teased on the back of the current Music Direct catalog, but There Goes Rhymin’ Simon is not pictured) and Elvis Presley’s From Elvis in Memphis.

Geoffsterpiano likes this.
  25. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

In response to the MoFi discounts. Check post #95 on the Coming from MoFi 2021 thread. That's where I was alerted to the 10% off on the MoFi 45's plus the Crosby, as it is not a One Step. I got my preorder confirmation and all three 45's, plus the Crosby had the 10% applied. Of course the CSN One Step did not.