Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Finally got mine yesterday. Was very good first time through. About to listen for second time.

MikeJedi and jboersma like this.
  2. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

I am still waiting to. I was contacted by MD about 8 days ago asking if the shipping charge to Canada was okay which I said was fine. It still hasn't shipped so I will phone tomorrow.

3. jboersma

jboersma Tower of Power

My shipment from MOFI arrives Friday and I'm so excited! Everyone is saying so many good things about the CSTW release.

4. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I've put in a return request but it came up with a message saying seller doesn't accept returns. Will await response and see if there is a solution. This guy sells expensive cables and foo fuses that cost a lot more so it's hardly a dent in finances for him. I know him from shows and forums. Won't mention names at this stage. If he gets these legit he should be able to get replacement disc from Music Direct when repressed at the least. Meanwhile I have another copy on order through Amazon from the upcoming 29th Jan USA release. This is probably the best sounding one step to date apart from the flaws.

Jason Simmons and Echoes Myron like this.
  5. Nitrous

Nitrous Forum Resident

Best of luck. Hope you get a refund/satisfactory resolution.

6. Shank's Pony

Shank's Pony Forum Resident

Odd question - how long do preorder calls usually take with MusicDirect? My only option right now is using my mobile, international, which is $4 per minute...

Thanks

7. jboersma

jboersma Tower of Power

They usually pick up pretty quick. I pre-ordered 7 albums the other day in about 5 minutes.

Shank's Pony likes this.
  8. Shank's Pony

Really appreciated, thanks. Was fearing being on hold listening to musak for ages.

jboersma likes this.
  9. Shank's Pony

Just called MusicDirect - should anyone be contemplating the same international circumstances - the call took under 3 mins for one title - the Crosby Supervinyl. I'm confident I can continue to get the One Steps locally, as I have done up until now. It's only the uncertainty of how they are going to roll out the Supervinyl releases from here out. The limited notice way Mofi did the Dylan and Costello Supervinyl was a bit irritating - I happened to luck out with timing that time round for the Dylan.

10. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

For most instances I just wait till they are listed on Music Direct though Crosby may be an exception. Anyway have the Classic Records version of that. I certainly won't be buying from UK again if I can't resolve the issue with the Stevie Ray Vaughan. I'm detecting evasiveness at the present but maybe seller has been burned by returns that were fine?

Shank's Pony likes this.
  11. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

Where did you see that they're doing Cannonball's Somethin' Else One-Step? I can't find anything about it on Google.

12. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

Pretty sure it was in a catalog at some point. You can pre-order it over the phone.

13. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Yes I just pre-ordered it over the phone with Music Direct.

14. Dougthesnail

I thought I'd mention that the UD1S releases that you have to phone for have a rolling date. According to Brian at MD with the pandemic he isn't sure when they'll be released.

15. Gdgray

Gdgray Forum Resident

Just finished call to Music Direct....
    No more Blood , Sweat & Tears One Step.
    So I ordered Crosby, Stills & Nash One Step and If I could only Remember My Name Supervinyl ($75).

As a side note I asked about Love & Theft I ordered and have gotten two emails saying it’s coming. They told me it’s going to happen and my order will be filled.

Shot over to AccousticSounds and placed order for Blood, Sweat & Tears One Step and it has estimated delivery date as 1/27.

16. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Ha! Same order I just placed 15 minutes ago! Also tried for BS&T and got denied. Oh well, I was on the fence about that one. Mofi still up for pre-order, though, so I could go that route.

jboersma likes this.
  17. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

As of today, you can preorder BS&T from The In Groove in Phoenix. Free shipping too.

18. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons Well-Known Member

Ordered BS&T just incase...as I think my ORG 45rpm is already very very good!

19. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

20. Dougthesnail

Crazysteve likes this.
  21. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

May be right on both counts, but there is truth to his beliefs.

22. Dougthesnail

Certainly but not at the exorbitant prices he charges, However anyone can spend how they please.

23. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I’ll be honest....I’m getting completely bored of these one step titles. They’ve now done two SRV titles...did we really need these over other titles that would’ve been far more interesting? Also they’ve also been done at 45rpm with the AP releases. I hope the titles get a little more inspired.

24. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Oh, I agree with that.
    Seems enough do not.

25. Dougthesnail

This keep getting repeated ad nauseum. I'm sure the Audiophile label titles would love to do thousands of titles! But master tape availability and licensing hurdles often prevent that. We see the same titles because they're easy to license and sell well.