Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

Are you Punking us?

I spoke to MD today. That wasn't mentioned.

You're just having a laugh.

CBackley likes this.
  2. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I’m not! People on this thread have mentioned it. If it’s real, I want to hurt my wallet some more.

3. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Correction, Elvis is legit - not Bitches Brew.

4. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

Bitches Brew. Could you imagine? Shoot, give me Jack Johnson too while you're at it!

Elvis in Memphis. I have the 24K Hits. I'm not a huge Elvis fan but is Elvis in Memphis an extraordinary recording?

5. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

The way it sounded it was a One Step, but I was also talking to the person about 45's as well. But since they are releasing some of the Paul Simon's as One Steps, I guess this makes sense. It sounded like more than one of their titles was coming. "Desperado" was mentioned in about two weeks before pre-orders. I'm sure many would like "Hotel" though. I'd be more than fine with 45's as well. And the way they have been sounding lately, $125 is sounding more and more expensive to my ears.

I was told they were waiting on the final word from Eagles management and then they could announce.

I just hope day after day that they decide to release "Bridge Of Sighs". I'm not asking for much here, and I surely think this would deliver some great sales. Like that's hard to predict...

DaveyF, Geoffsterpiano, Myke and 4 others like this.
  6. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Totally agree on Bridge of Sighs

DaveyF, scotti and bigtail like this.
  7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

In that it put Elvis back in the public eye in a big way, and the songs recorded in those sessions created two albums along with his first # 1 single ( not on the album btw ), yes it's a big album for Elvis fans.

CBackley, RobCos02330 and vinylshadow like this.
  8. CBackley

His first #1 single? He had several before “Suspicious Minds.”

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

the rest of that sentence was supposed to be...in several * years. My mistake obviously.

7 to be exact. Last # 1 was Good Luck Charm in 1962.

@CBackley - come back for a further fact.

CBackley likes this.
  10. Geoffsterpiano

Geoffsterpiano ...Give me great sound, or give me death...

One of the most exciting things about the prospect of pretty much any Eagles album as a One Step is that they have all been well-recorded and the masters have no doubt been taken good care of (given that we’re talking about Warners and not Universal) and should therefore sound fantastic at the end of the day. Let’s hope so…

scotti and Echoes Myron like this.
  11. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

More like 2024 given the list of titles promised, unless these are just 45 rpm like Dire Straits and not One Steps. It would make more sense to have these as unlimited 45 rpm titles. Apparently Truth is now supposed to be the last 'limited number' title other than One Steps. Also there is likely 5000 rather than 4000. Diverse Vinyl (UK) just announce they are getting more copies than previously expected.

12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I honestly believe we have three more numbered of a set quantity 45's still to be released. Groovin', Son Of, and Eye In The Sky. I would be surprised if those are not limited.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    markmck79 likes this.
  13. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Eagles titles are showing up on the new releases pages: New Releases

14. Flusani

Flusani Forum Resident

Aaaaand its sold out

15. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

just got off the phone with MD and ordered both Eagles one step + Elvis one step

16. Guildx500

Guildx500 Forum Resident

MD shows those Eagles titles available over the phone :laugh:

MikeJedi and Rocco1 like this.
  17. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

that's just what their website says when it's not made for sale yet.

this_machine likes this.
  18. ddgi

ddgi Forum Resident

Just pre ordered the two Eagles albums from music direct.
    I was told that Desperado is the next one shipping. I was quite surprised.

Rocco1 and hitmanhart408 like this.
  19. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

Really bummed about having to sit through four titles I'm indifferent towards before we get to the good stuff.

Elvis in Memphis was made for a One-Step.

20. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Interesting how they have surprise titles pop up like these as opposed to ones they list in their catalog first.....or the ones like Pearl and Tapestry which were surprises but this is their 50th anniversary year so you'd think they'd get priority over the Eagles and Paul Simon releases.

21. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Yeah this one kinda drives me nuts though. I love From Elvis in Memphis — but I'm very happy with how the Speakers Corner sounds. SO I'm probably gonna have to drop $125 for another copy of an album that I already have a pressing i'm happy with and never thought I would have to buy again....all because the One-Steps have to sound so amazing. Blah!

Dignan2000, Myke and CBackley like this.
  22. Rocco1

Rocco1 Forum Resident

Finally got through to MD on the phone. Lines were tied-up for awhile. I was asked if I wanted 1 0r 2 copies of each? Perhaps Eagles titles will be a large batch pressing One Step like Tapestry; 10,000 of each, maybe?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  23. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Which Eagles titles are currently available for pre-order? And, again, these are going to be OneSteps?

I have a few of the UK Rhino Back To Black series from about a decade or so ago and they're sonically stunning. I almost don't feel the need to upgrade. But I love listening to their albums (other than The Long Run). Some great songwriting and musicianship. I have an '80s MoFi of Hotel California and it's VERY good, but I can imagine it could be improved on a bit.

timzigs likes this.
  24. CBackley

It looks like Desperado and self-titled.

LivLif and AnalogJ like this.
  25. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Eagles S/T and Desperado One-Steps are up for preorder. SACDs too looks like. I think their first 6 albums will all be MoFi eventually but not clear if One-Step for all or just some.