Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Indeed!
    I just hate having a charge floating around for four months!
    Probably not the best choice, lo-fi and plenty of 70s pressings to be found, to test the format but I was curious.

2. Yukon Cornholio

Yukon Cornholio Forum Resident

I agree. The advantages of the 1 step process are too great. I love the detail , the bass, and the huge soundstage. Most of all, I really, really enjoy listening to them. Warts and all, there is not a single title that I regret buying.

3. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

On the back of early compact discs was that slogan, “the high resolution of this compact disc may reveal limitations of the source material,” or something like that. Well, the One Steps can do that, too. Some pop/rock records probably were not meant to be listened to in such clinical detail. And yet “The Only Living Boy in New York” on the BOTW One Step is transcendent.

4. aficionaudio

aficionaudio Forum Resident

I just got an email from Music Direct saying that the upcoming MFSL SACD of Elvis Presley’s “Blue Hawaii” has now been discontinued. They made no mention of the vinyl release of it, though. Bummer. :cry:

CBackley likes this.
  5. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked Thread Starter

Would be cool if at some point they released a greatest hits - ultimate test disc (like Chad does) from all of the UD1S titles. I’d take a couple from Abraxas, a couple from What’s Going On, The aforementioned TOLBINY from S&G. Guess I could do that in the digital domain…

Rocco1, bajaed and Twinsfan007 like this.
  6. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

Not being familiar with either Eagles LPs, I listened to them first on YouTube just to see if I'd like the songs. I decided on the Self Titled, and decided against "Desperado", though originally I said "Pearl and Tapestry" would be the last OneSteps I'd buy. I just don't understand why they'd announce "Pearl and Tapestry" so long ago and suddenly sneak in The Eagles AND ship them first. Curious about the thinking behind that.

7. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Customer Service

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab:

We are releasing the Eagles and Janis Joplin one-steps in the next coming month or two and then Tapestry is going to be a few months after that, so it should be right around the end of the year. Thanks for your patience so far, sorry that we do not have a more specific ETA at the moment!

8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah that would be a budget buster.

9. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

TRANSLATION: We are releasing the Janis Joplin one-step by the end of the year and then Tapestry is going to be a late 2022 Spring release. Thanks for your January 2021 pre-orders so far, sorry that we never have a more specific ETA !

Spencer R likes this.
  10. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

Damn. That means Elvis, CSN, and Clapton won't be till mid next year

Twinsfan007, Spencer R and CBackley like this.
  11. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

When I called to order the David Crosby and CSN One Step today I was told the same thing by the guy I spoke to.

I have to say, I’ve only ever ordered online but whoever I spoke to was great. I might ditch online ordering.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  12. aficionaudio

aficionaudio Forum Resident

I asked about the vinyl release. They said it’s still slated for release, but they don’t have an ETA on it.

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

No discussion of this release's date ?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  14. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

That is one of the lovely songs on there.

violarules likes this.
  15. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked Thread Starter

It’s not a One Step - it’s a 2 x 45rpm on Super Vinyl

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  16. Myke

I know that, he said they were discussing release dates, that's what I'm asking him. :buttkick:

17. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

No, I didn’t ask. I ordered Tapestry in February so that was the one in the front of mind. I kind of wish I had, now…

I’ll do better next time! :agree:

Myke likes this.
  18. Myke

Thank you.

Geoffsterpiano and AppleCorp3 like this.
  19. brucej4

brucej4 Forum Resident

It sure appears that they were given a short window to get these two Eagles albums out. It may have been a test, to see whether or not they would be given the rights to the other four albums.

20. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Gives me more time to get the cash together for Elvis and CSN.

21. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Out Of Control sounds harsh even distorted on any version I have. I still think from middle of side one the album sounds great. That would coincide with side 1 of the One Step.

Joti Cover likes this.
  22. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

I don't think it would be a test. You don't agree to Eagles unless Hotel California is part of the deal.

Geoffsterpiano and AppleCorp3 like this.
  23. Lol as if MoFi is the one with the leverage in those negotiations.

I’m nearly positive MoFi would take any Eagles album they could get their hands on.

24. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

I'm sure part of the negotiations was these first two had to be released right away. Lot of buzz about this outside our group here. I'm sure Mofi wanted to capitalize on the publicity.
    I hope they didn't rush things too much. Surprised these haven't sold out yet. I ordered from MD so I guess I have a week or so to go.

25. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I’m with you. I want to hear it exactly the way it was recorded, warts and all. The One Step did that well.