Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I hope you still have a few left.

CBackley likes this.
  2. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Still nothing on my bank account. Still shows back ordered on my MD account.

3. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

I only ordered S/T off MD and I was charged today as well, marked “Shippable”

4. Piero

Piero Forum Resident

In my Music Direct order page both Eagles titles result backordered.
    I have all One Step titles,and this is the first time that Music Direct don't ship the One Step records at the same time as MFSL.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Geoffsterpiano likes this.
  5. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

I am in the same position - having all One Steps and having these two as backordered - they will get to us in Europe eventually no need to worry

Geoffsterpiano likes this.
  6. Yukon Cornholio

Yukon Cornholio Forum Resident

My card was charged by Music Direct this morning. Ouch!

Ricardo Cosinaro likes this.
  7. Rocco1

Rocco1 Forum Resident

MD order for both on the way! Now if I could just hit the lottery and afford that GORGEOUS Fender x MoFi PrecisionDeck turntable. That thing is smokin'!

8. Yukon Cornholio

With the release of the Eagles, we are officially closing the Blood, Sweat, and Tears discussion. I look forward with anticipation to the following discussions in the forum. In the following order, which I participated in, my card is charged, in the mail, received, love it hate it, original pressing better, issues with the packaging/pressing, and I can't wait or will never buy another one step. This will continue until the next release. It's kind funny when you think about, but it sure is a lot of fun. I hope nobody takes my observation too seriously.

Drew769 likes this.
  9. Yukon Cornholio

I guess Paul Simon was last. My memory is not as good as it used to be.

10. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Got my Shipping notice for Eagles S/T from Music Direct just now.

11. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Mine is shipping :)

12. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

My copies of Eagles and Desperado One-Steps shipped today. I know others mentioned they got shipping notices from Las Vegas earlier in this thread. Well I'm on the East Coast and my copies shipped from Las Vegas as well. Where shipping from Chicago for other Music Direct purchases (and previous One-Steps) took 2 days to get to me, this shipment has a 7 day delivery estimate.

So did Music Direct / Mofi - move their entire warehouse operations to Las Vegas?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  13. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

They have a warehouse here. Not sure if it’s a satellite or what but it’s here. Glad I live in Vegas ! Lol

14. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked Thread Starter

It really is a beautiful finish on a turntable. I’m surprised no one else thought of that first. There could be a whole series…collect them all! LOL

15. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Warehouse leasing is a lot cheaper in the desert. Why would they think this is a good idea? I have relatives that live nearby in Havasu City, and I refuse to go there in the summertime, last time I was there in August it was 118 degrees.

16. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Yes - I am aware they have a new warehouse in Vegas, but you would think they would use the Vegas Warehouse to ship west of the Mississippi, and use their current Chicago site for the East Coast?!?!

SCM and MikeJedi like this.
  17. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

got a shipping notice coming from Vegas. that's a first for me

MikeJedi likes this.
  18. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

It is probably more economical to do it the way they are. Similar to how Fedex sorts everything at their Memphis hub before sending it out.

MikeJedi likes this.
  19. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Me three!

MikeJedi likes this.
  20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Mine too! Double ouch!

MikeJedi likes this.
  21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah my copies are coming from Las Vegas, as well. I guess the new warehouse is up and running. Perhaps they are phasing out the Chicago warehouse. Perhaps they will be using the Vegas warehouse for big orders like the one steps, which will be in the thousands. It will be interesting to see how long shipping takes from Vegas as opposed to Chicago. Looks like a couple of days more from Vegas.

MikeJedi likes this.
  22. nate8907

nate8907 Forum Resident

Mine arrived yesterday from Vegas to Ohio.
    Peaceful Easy Feeling and Take it Easy are absolutely stunning. Have yet to put on Desperado.

Geoffsterpiano, Rocco1 and MikeJedi like this.
  23. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Anything to compare to?

4-2-7, MikeJedi and AnalogJ like this.
  24. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Just got notice, two copies of each Eagles will be here Saturday. Bank account just took a $525.00 hit!

Geoffsterpiano and MikeJedi like this.
  25. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

Yeah that's the thing lately, not saying in this case but we get a lot of praising of a title without any prior knowledge of other pressings.

There is a new guy on Youtube and I see and hear members commenting about him. Like he's an authority, in fact I was floored that he ended up doing a vid with
    Chad Kassem & Gary Salstrom @ Acoustic Sounds
    Michael Fremer
    Michael Hobson of Classic Records
    Bernie Grundman
    To talk about UHQR Kind of Blue, it was like why is he there LOL

Subsequently after that he did individual interviews with
    Chad Kassem
    Michael Hobson
    Kevin Gray

The thing is he started a Youtube channel on May 13, 2020, and really just talks about records and what he likes and thinks sounds better. He is mostly talking about the most expensive reissues, mostly all reissues and preferably 45 RPM, and that's the name of his channel. He must of had an in with Chad as he buys a lot of his titles.

But here is my point, he give a thumbs up or down and talks about sound quality of records. Many people are following him, many look up to his opinion. But who is he? What's his reference point to critique records? Other than buying brand new high end records:confused:

Just because you have the money and buy what cost top dollar in the record world doesn't make you an authority on pressing sound quality. Anyone doing this would have reference points of said specific titles.

Anyway one day he decided to make a vid of his prized record collection.
    Almost every record in this collection was produced in the last 8 years. His older stuff would be Classic Records titles done in the 200o, probably also bought in the last 8 years. He showed an extremely small number of old record he said he had from when he was a kid, he said it was about 250, but to me looks like 60-70 titles total.

My point is, how can he be an authority on records and their sound quality with so little reference points and experience. If you don't have variety of copies of a title from the beginning of when it was made, and a progressing of different audiophile pressings through the years up to the newest how can you pick some new record and tell others about the sound quality?

IMHO, he buys the most expensive new records, bases his opinion on if they are all AAA, Price, 45 RPM, Packaging, and who did the mastering. Hardly a way of coming to a sound quality opinion, without a disclaimer of saying limited comparison against anything else.

Not saying a lot of his records are not nice, but the sample pool, and experience is very very limited.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    ultron9, ted321, Classicrock and 7 others like this.