Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Mobile Fidelity's Run DMC "Raising Hell" 45 RPM and SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Jul 27, 2020.

1. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo Thread Starter

2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

This is great! How many other rap Mofis are there...I can’t come up with one.

3. glide

glide Forum Resident

I wish they went 33 but I’ll still bite.

Pinknik and tagomago like this.
  4. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Rare Earth maven

This will be interesting. The 1980’s Priority cd is crankable and hard to beat

5. art

art Forum Resident

kickass!

eelkiller likes this.
  6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Well, we will see, if Mofi can improve the sound. The original CD has a very high dynamic range and sounds fine. Interesting, the cat number is much lower than the recent releaes. Probably they have asked of the license a long time ago.

LoveYourLife likes this.
  7. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Forum Resident

would have preferred the chronic 2001
    :realmad::laugh:

8. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

9. Joint Attention

Joint Attention Forum Resident

Awesome! SACD preordered.

10. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Any info on who the mastering engineer for his one is ?

11. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

Put in my pre-order for the vinyl. I think you can't beat the price for 2 45rpm and free shipping.

12. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’m in for this for sure, just trying to decide between formats. I usually do SACDs from MoFi because I’m not a huge fan of the 2x45 format, but vinyl seems a natural choice on this one somehow? I guess I’ll wait for some reviews to come in...

Timothy Fiacco, scotti and George P like this.
  13. McCrutchy

McCrutchy Forum Resident

Amazon.com just activated their SACD listing and are currently showing a release date of August 21st, 2020.

Their vinyl listing has been active for several days at least, now, and shows a release date of September 18th, 2020.

hitmanhart408 likes this.
  14. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I wish I could afford the vinyl for this one just because of how unique a title it is for MOFI to do, but given I’m not sure how much playback I will give it I think I’ll get the SACD. Looking forward to hearing some reviews.

c-eling likes this.
  15. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Getting the 45 2 LP version. I bet this baby is going to sound ever so sweet in this format. With all of the unique beats and sounds laced all over, oh yeah!

I remember when this was first released, the stores I bought for blew this baby out the doors. Was much more of a cassette seller than CD at the time...still some decent vinyl sales if memory serves...

hi_watt likes this.
  16. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

It will be interesting to see if this sells well. If it does, it could open up a whole new frontier for the audiophile reissue companies.

17. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

As far as I know Mofi's in house guy Kreig Wunderlich masters all of their vinyl.

fluffskul and hi_watt like this.
  18. mpayan

mpayan Forum Resident

How ya gonna DJ scratch on an sacd?....45 man.

;)

19. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

A wish list of classic rap titles comes to mind.

20. Dougthesnail

It's almost guaranteed to sell out at 3000 copies. Most Mofi stuff sells just because people collect the label.

scotti likes this.
  21. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Beastie Boys first five albums definitely, those would probably sell really well, especially on vinyl.

De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest's first three. (Especially De La Soul given their current problems getting their music on digital platforms and WB losing interest in keeping their music in-print on physical media.) And Stakes Is High and Tribe's last album would also be very welcome.

A Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five compilation that has all of their classic singles, and I wish I could say the same for Afrika Bambaataa but any reissue is going to be a tougher sell due to the molestation accusations.

Above all Public Enemy's first four albums, and it'll never happen but I'll even go to the mat for Muse Sick-n-Hour Mess Age and He Got Game, not to mention a few of their indie albums in the years since. PE turned them down before, but maybe they will finally let MFSL reissue some albums on vinyl if they're not in-print in that format?

And that's just the "classic" era artists - imagine if they did something like Wu-Tang, OutKast, Kanye's first five or even Kendrick Lamar's albums and the masters had much less compression on them? It's possible - leaks of some of the greatest hip-hop albums in recent years have shown that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    tedhead, Kyhl, Full Circle and 6 others like this.
  22. ODShowtime

ODShowtime Swirl Life

I definitely had the cassette of this. Think it was found at the mall in Reading PA. I was so excited to finally find it.

I have a sealed vinyl copy I need to crack open...

scotti likes this.
  23. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I have a feeling because of the uniqueness of this release it will sell out faster than some think.

hi_watt likes this.
  24. Dougthesnail

If I were a betting man I'd say it'll be going for $100+ next year. If you want this record buy now or cry later.

hi_watt likes this.
  25. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I can’t afford to collect everything MoFi puts out, but I love what they do. I’m tempted to pick up this Run DMC release.