Mobile Fidelity's Run DMC "Raising Hell" 45 RPM and SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D.

John D. Senior Member

And if you have sub-woofers this album will put a bigger grin on your face. :agree:

2. Kerm

Kerm Forum Resident

It’s crazy to me that they’re continuing to advertise pre orders on records that they already know they don’t have and have been refunding to other customers.

jboersma likes this.
  3. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

First two albums and then you skip to Ill Communication? How can you leave out Check Your Head???

poe_man and tfunk182 like this.
  4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

That one annoyingly loud for 1992 but doesn't hurt my ears as much as the ones that came afterwards. Just saying that's how I'd want someone to prioritize.

5. Lownote30

Oh. I would start with Check Your Head, but the original CD is fine to me. Same with Ill Communication. Now the remaster of Check Your Head is intolerable to me.

6. Britt in VA

Britt in VA Forum Resident

Still waiting to hear something from acoustic sounds.

7. walrus

Yeah. There's just so many ruined albums from the mid-90's on that I wish they'd just start there before working backwards. But also, after Paul's Boutique I oddly think Hello Nasty is my second favorite as an overall album, even if I like the singles on Ill Communication more.

Lownote30 likes this.
  8. Lownote30

Cool. My favorite is Check Your Head followed by Paul's Boutique, Ill Communication and then Hello Nasty. It helps that Check Your Head was basically the soundtrack to my junior year of high school.

walrus likes this.
  9. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Good on MoFi for doing Raising Hell, and hopefully they continue with It Takes A Nation Of Millions or Three Feet High & Rising, to name two other deserving 80's hip-hop candidates.

BUT, as others have mentioned, it makes a lot more sense to license 90s records, particularly ones that were overly compressed, hard to find on vinyl, and/or haven't been served well by new reissues. VinylMePlease has found a nice little niche simply by catering to this marketplace. (Their Ready To Die was nicely done, and pricey as hell now.) MoFi could press 5000 or even 10,000 of The Chronic or Enter The 36 Chambers and sell through in hours.
    AND they could focus on rock music from the era as well.... Lord knows, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains and STP and Oasis could use better reissues than the ones currently available. (You'd think the going price for the MoFi of Beck's Sea Change would've caused them to expand their parameters beyond "rock albums from 1967 through 1976.")

George P, Preston, warren and 3 others like this.
  10. walrus

I think they're definitely one of those bands where everyone's favorite album is whichever one came out when they were in their early teens. :laugh:

warren and Lownote30 like this.
  11. Lownote30

Most definitely! :righton:

warren likes this.
  12. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Not an entirely fair dig, as MoFi have tackled albums by the B-52’s, Pixies, Weezer, etc. And even Train’s Drops of Jupiter, not my personal favorite record of all time, but it demonstrates that they’ll do more modern rock albums when given an opportunity.

I suspect that the major labels are more reluctant to license relatively newer titles to MoFi: if MoFi could get the rights to Pearl Jam’s Ten or to a bunch of other 90s rock, I’m sure they’d jump on that.

warren, jslcaballo and hitmanhart408 like this.
  13. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Fair enough, but I still think those titles are few and far between. The Pixies albums were almost a decade ago and are all pretty OOP now. Train and Run-DMC in the last 6 months were actually pretty forward-thinking for MoFi, but the announced slate of One-Steps was basically just the usual suspects. The only titles from 1980 on are SRV and Mark Knopfler, and we know both Stevie and Dire Straits have been done to death by audiophile labels.

In the last five years, I'm pretty sure MoFi have licensed more titles just from Bob Dylan than EVERY artist from 1990 on, combined. To me, that indicates there's room for improvement.

14. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

And I’ve bought nearly all of the MoFi Bob Dylan titles. I like Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan is a towering figure in music who deserves the deluxe treatment, no matter how much people get tired of sacred cows.

But bring on the more recent titles, too. As I think someone noted above, Vinyl Me Please found a niche putting out nice LPs from more recent artists ranging from Fiona Apple to Dirty Projectors. That the Run-DMC record sold out so quickly bodes well for MoFi doing more hip-hop titles, I suspect.

warren likes this.
  15. Flusani

Flusani Forum Resident

I wish they would bring back the silver line series.

luckybaer and jimhb like this.
  16. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

While I understand what you are saying, I would say that MoFi has room for greater diversity in what they license. Whatever they do release is almost always outstanding.

warren likes this.
  17. Tooth

Tooth Forum Resident

Oh no. Just got this email from Best Buy.

“As soon as your item becomes available we'll send an email letting you know it's on the way. However, due to increased shipping volume, delivery of your order may be affected.”

Hope the canceled order email isn’t next.

18. Zoo Station

Zoo Station Senior Member

My Best Buy order status said this all day today
    "This item has been delayed. We’re working on shipping it to you within the next few days."
    And yet they just charged me for it 20 minutes ago, lol

warren likes this.
  19. TRS9082

TRS9082 Forum Resident

My Acoustic Sounds order has changed from backordered to in progress. Taking that as a good sign.

20. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up my order from 8/7/20 changed to “credit card declined” will have to call tomorrow and give them the updated code hopefully I didn’t loose my order.

TRS9082 likes this.
  21. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

So you need a credit card code? Amazon doesn't require that.

22. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

You know the 3 digit code on the back it changed because my card I used to do the preorder 7 months ago expired. Amazon I use my Amazon store card and you don’t even have to put in the card number but this is for Acoustic Sounds.

23. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

My vinyl actually did arrive today from Bull Moose. However, I can’t play it tonight or in the morning because my teenage daughter is having a sleep over in the basement where my listening room is. Maybe Sunday.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  24. LivLif

LivLif Forum Resident

Just kick them out. LOL

sonofjim likes this.
  25. LivLif

LivLif Forum Resident

I find it interesting that the pre-orders are now gone on Amazon. Maybe they had a bunch on order from MoFi? Did anyone else get an estimated ship date? Mine says arriving by 4/9/21.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.