1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Mofi Awaiting Repress Question

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by LPhound15, Jan 13, 2022.

1. LPhound15

LPhound15 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have had a pre-order on Mofi's Candy-O Cars album on acoustic sounds for well over a year now.
    It seems they had a recent restock of this on Mofi's website, but it sold out immediately.

I have been waiting so long I am on the verge of canceling my order and buying a copy on Ebay. What would you do?

2. mafurman

mafurman Forum Resident

I would give them a call. I had a preorder ( forget if it was through them or MusicDirect like this and it processed when they came in stock for a short time. Certainly, that is the way it should work.

LPhound15 likes this.
  3. LPhound15

Yeah I probably just need to call them. It seems odd that Mofi would get stock but these other places wouldn't, as that's typically how its worked in the past for me.

4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

For better or worse, and considering the two companies' ownership structures, this is why I've ordered Mofi products through Music Direct and Analaogue Productions items through Acoustic sounds.

LPhound15 likes this.
  5. LPhound15

Good thing to know about for future orders. Does Music Direct own/have some sort of partnership with Mofi?

I know acoustic sounds owns AP/owned by Chad Kassem

6. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Music Direct Buys Mobile Fidelity

ScramMan2 and LPhound15 like this.
  7. LPhound15

8. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Aren't all Mofi vinyl awaiting repress?

9. kiwi_pressing

kiwi_pressing Member

Ah, man, I feel your pain. Don't cancel and pay eBay prices. If AS have has a longstanding wholesale backorder, I wouldn't be surprised if AS get their quota in the coming weeks (agree with the other post re: calling AS to check). I say this because I saw stock show up at Plaid Room Records last Thursday, so I jumped on it. That was the weirdest restock from Mofi - it wasn't even announced that week, it went up on the site and was immediately gone.

I have multiple sites I keep tabs on for restocks - out of interest more than anything - to see how many high demand repressed titles trickle down to other stores. There are probably many stores out there that have longstanding backorders and get restocks when they are repressed and next in line to receive them. Multiple people have suggested Mofi posts remainders on their website and they are often limited in number. I started placing backorders and pre-orders with Music Direct. That way I don't miss out on a title or have to go through the hassle of the secondary market.

I don't often buy from places other than Music Direct/AS/my local store, but if I miss something because I don't have a backorder, I can often pick it up from a trusted source. I get a weekly restock/new release email from Plaid Room. They are a good store. Family owned, fast shipping and always well packaged. You don't get all the palaver that some retailers use to sell records.
    Back In Stock (January 7th - 13th)

TheSeldomSeenKid and LPhound15 like this.