MoFi MFSL Vanilla Fudge 45 RPM Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MisterBritt, Jul 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

BG did a Hotel California? Link please. Also, which version did you like, Ive been trying to get the KG for a while now.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

He did their entire catalog in a boxed set, in 2013, 7 years ago : Eagles - The Studio Albums 1972-1979

Then in 2015, they released them individually : Eagles - Hotel California

They all have their own charms, I love them equally.

Dignan2000 and Leonthepro like this.
  3. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

This Kevin Gray mastering was news to me. When I get around to unpacking my albums, I'll check my Sundazed dead wax but it sounds so lousy that I can't imagine that Mr. Gray ever came within 50 miles of the copy I have.

Myke and MisterBritt like this.
  4. Leonthepro

Decided to order a copy anyway, 60$ to Sweden is real good. As well as the Electric Warrior makin it 120$.
    My wallet is not happy with me.

scotti, ellingtonic and Dignan2000 like this.
  5. I have that Eagles vinyl set and it is good. However I have all the originals which I give an edge to so I tried selling it here on the forum for awhile with no bites.

Dignan2000 and Leonthepro like this.
  6. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I listened to this last Friday and was pretty blown away. The low end was exceptional and the soundstage was wide enough that I had to check to make sure I was listening in mono.

mikemoon, scotti, Bob J and 2 others like this.
  7. Leonthepro

The MFSL style of mastering / EQ should bring more bass than most other versions, I will be curious to hear how it affects other frequencies however. Ill just be glad to have a quiet and well playing copy after so many noisy originals.

8. This Vanilla release is fantastic. Flat, quiet and dynamic. I compared to my original, near mint Atco mono (which is very nice sounding btw) and this MoFi release has more depth and clarity. Another winner from MoFi. Recommend.

dkurtis, scotti, Adamski777 and 5 others like this.
  9. Myke

Well, looking at your thread, and where you stopped at ( $190.00 a year ago ), you'd have to drop the asking price even further, as checking both Discogs, and eBay's completed auctions, the box can now be had for as little as $130.00.

10. of course. It was actually a good price based on Discogs at the time I posted a year ago. I’d sell it today for $120 shipped to the USA. :tiphat:

Myke likes this.
  11. Those boxes were holding steady at $200-$250 for a long time, then they fell off quite a bit for some reason.

Mazzy likes this.
  12. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan

Ahhh if it were only my wallet. I have the problem of upsetting the chief financial officer here at home as well.

Leonthepro likes this.
  13. Leonthepro

To be honest, Im not the biggest fan of MFSL anymore, but these titles have eluded me for too long and Ive missed several deals, so I thought it best to just go for a version that will be highly regarded at least.
    But if you find a good original, or the Kevin Gray remaster on either album, that would be enough in my mind anyway. No extra side flipping either.

imthetxman likes this.
  14. Myke

I would think the individual sales and the slow death of physical media both contributed. After all, why pay $42.00 per album if you don't have to ?

John D. and TheVillageRecorder like this.
  15. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I just played the Sundazed mono I have. It's pretty terrible. No wonder I have never come back to this album until now. It's dull and flat dynamically, and whenever the music wants to get big, it distorts.

I'm assuming there's none of that with the MoFi?

Bob J and Myke like this.
  16. Myke

There's none of that with the white Rhino, I can tell you that.

scotti, Bob J and AnalogJ like this.
  17. AnalogJ

Is the white Rhino still in print?

18. Myke

19. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

Vanilla Fudge came well before me, but I’ve learned to trust @MisterBritt musical advice. Ordered and arriving early next week. I am stoked.

Dignan2000 and scotti like this.
  20. John D.

John D. Senior Member

This white mono version from Rhino sounds very good and only around $20, I'm sure the MOFI 2x45 rpm probably sounds better, but I'm reluctant to spend $50 to find out!

Myke likes this.
  21. I have a 1973 pressing I bought back then plus the Rhino which is good. The MoFi is on the way.

22. AnalogJ

After listening to it tonight, revisiting the Sundazed for the first time since that reissue was released (and buying the Sundazed was the first time I had ever heard the album completely), I'm not sure if it's a must-have album. The interpretations get a bit repetitive for me, as they essentially do similar takes on every song. They slow it down to almost dirge-like speed, and then apply hard rockm white soul to it, with lots of Hammond organ.

At $20, I'd like a better sounding copy. At $50, I'm not sure that it's worth that much to me. Of course, that's my problem.

John D. likes this.
  23. John D.

John D. Senior Member

This album isn't for everyone. I was one year out of high school when this was released and it's better if you actually lived thru those times with LP's of this caliber. They still make a big impression on some of us.

Crazysteve, MisterBritt, Myke and 2 others like this.
  24. Yes it was a pivotal album when it came out. Nothing at all like it back then

25. AnalogJ

Right. That sort of acid/white soul was sort of ahead of its time in a way, although Jimi Hendrix arrived at a similar time. But....I'm not sure if the album survives as well as it might nowadays. Again, I wish Vanilla Fudge's approach to different songs were more varied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.