Monkees Headquarters SDE

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rlp, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I use Gmail and in the subject line, there's actually a link I can click on without even opening up the shipping e-mail and I can track it from there.

2. siegel7825

siegel7825 Forum Resident

owsley likes this.
  3. What is this booklet you speak of?

4. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Yep, that exactly what I’m doing. So, guess my box is still in Riverside, CA.

5. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

My UPS tracking has been updated and now shows it as the package being "received for processing" and that the "electronic shipping information has been received by the international carrier". So good news I guess.

Ken K likes this.
  6. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Does anyone have any high-quality scans of the disc covers yet?

If not, I can do my own after ripping...

7. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident

Hep Alien, D-rock, Natural E and 6 others like this.
  8. Tracy Robison

Tracy Robison Forum Resident

Came in a cardboard box with no damage, ripped to FLAC so no skips! I have listened to approximately 75% of the set and love what I am hearing.
    [​IMG]

9. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

I got a shipped notification on the 16th November. As of 26th November its still in California.

What have they been doing? Fondling it for 10 days?

10. owsley

owsley Senior Member

Thanks for this. My order was shipped out the 16th but I wasn't sure who the carrier was. Your link indicates my set will arrive around the 29th. yippie

siegel7825 likes this.
  11. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

12. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras

13. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Wish Rhino had options for FedEx and/or DHL. They are much more reliable.

I'm stuck at:

USPS Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item 11/26/2022

... this could take a while. Our mail carrier is awful. I've had items listed as "Out for Delivery" then it doesn't arrive until much later or until I complain. I would have been better off choosing the option to pick up item at UPS.

15. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

Thanks, much appreciated. I should say that the booklet is Derek's baby - I'm helping with what I can but he definitely deserves the credit. Somewhere along the line I found that he is MUCH better than I am regarding certain things.

Also, should be wrapping up the monkeesmixography new additions from the set today. We modified some of our naming conventions for the booklet and I'm going through to make sure everything is uniform.

Also just a note: @FJFP is in charge of Mixology (not only a great podcast but one of the best voices around) and I run monkeesmixography. I don't often correct this, but now that there IS a 'mixology' I do feel the need to point it out. :D

16. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

According to USPS informed delivery .. nothing scheduled to be delivered today :(

"I'm so jealous I could just squish grapes" ~ MD

Natural E, FJFP and semidetached like this.
  17. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

This forum is really amazing these days. The guy plays a disc he paid for and you guys criticize HOW he chooses to play it.

I play all my CDs in the car and I've never had a problem. That's why they made the players, for cryin' out loud.

Neofof, intv7, boyfromnowhere and 6 others like this.
  18. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I don't think it's still in California. The 16th was the date they printed shipping labels. It looks like most boxes were actually picked up by UPS on the 21st or 22nd. Usually it takes the UPS truck about 4 days to travel to the east coast. It also might have been delayed one day, due to our Thanksgiving holiday.
    :) :tiphat:

19. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I agree though. I never play good CDs in the car. They get scratched and damaged too easy.

anthontherun likes this.
  20. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

He did what?!?

;)

D-rock and izgoblin like this.
  21. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Of course, had I done what you do, I wouldn't be suffering from the loss of my original Headquarters Sessions box set which was in my car when it was totaled in a wreck almost immediately after receiving it. I felt lucky to get out with my life, so I didn't think to try to save the set. And here it is 20 years later and I'm still bummed about that, especially when I saw the tracklist of this new set and found that many of the tracks from that set weren't included here. Luckily, Rhino still offers downloads of that old 3-disc set for nearly the same price I paid for the new deluxe set. Yes, lucky me indeed.

22. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

How does that work?

I got an order number and a tracking number, but when I try to check order status, I get "not found." So I guess it'll be a surprise.

23. MarkTheShark

On the 1966 version Andrew said the session tapes have several attempts with two musicians trying to do the intro in sync. Evidently an integral element of the song.

24. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I can’t find the link for that download.

25. MarkTheShark

This is what I get:

We could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number. Details are only available for shipments made within the last 120 days. Please check your information.