Monkees Headquarters SDE

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rlp, Nov 1, 2022.

1. jpw67

jpw67 Forum Resident

Still have not received this set. I did initially receive an order confirmation via email, and then later in the day a shipping notification with UPS tracking number. In checking again today UPS still do not have the item from Rhino, which more or less means they've had my money since last Monday and have not actually shipped anything as of today.

I saw a review of this set on Twitter today from The Second Disc, which I did enjoy reading. When I commented that I enjoyed the review but still had not received my order after a week, someone from Rhino responded that they do care about their customers 'even when they're snarky', which obviously set me off. Honestly, at this point I don't care whether I get the set or my money back, but I'd done with Rhino either way.

rlp likes this.
  2. jpw67

jpw67 Forum Resident

I should add that I reached out to Rhino on Friday to see if they could provide an actual order status, but received an email today stating that no one was available to actually respond to my concern. They proceeded to list links for FAQ's, etc. Apparently the only people working at Rhino are the social media team.

3. Paul Sofronoff

Paul Sofronoff The Last Earbender

I think the Rhino person was right… most of us waited a lot longer than a week.

4. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

I received my shipping notice yesterday after almost 3 weeks. This is good. Baby steps.

BobT and apple-richard like this.
  5. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

It will get to you eventually. We all got ours. Excellent box set that I couldn't do without.

6. seacliffe301

Yes, looking forward to this. The reviews have been good.

apple-richard likes this.
  7. apple-richard

Has to be my favorite and most played Monkees SDE. I have all except the debut.

dangiedr, davenav and seacliffe301 like this.
  8. apple-richard

This thread really has legs, 96 pages and counting. Bring on PAC& Jones Ltd.

9. seacliffe301

Really looking forward to a "Pisces, Aquarius..." SDE. Hopefully that will be right around the corner.

10. jpw67

jpw67 Forum Resident

I don’t know how you guys do it. I’m OK with a longer shipping time in principle, but when you claim ‘in stock’ and then email me a shipping confirmation with tracking on day of order I am probably inclined to believe the thing actually shipped. This isn’t a pre-order at this point.

Checked UPS again today, for the record, and still no movement despite the fact it ‘shipped’ on the 16tb. The communication is the issue here it seems.

Meanwhile the new Dylan is out today so we move on…

11. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

It's possible they just never updated the info and you could have it today. That would be cool.

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  12. apple-richard

I was a kid in the 60s and 70s. I ordered things from cereal boxes and records through the mail. Used to be 6 to 8 weeks for everything. I'm 62 now and still don't sweat the small stuff. I always think it will get here when it gets here.

BTW The Dylan box arrived today.

[​IMG]

13. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

...with only the "finest" in packaging from Amazon, I see. :biglaugh:

14. apple-richard

Yeah over in the Dylan thread lots got damaged or crushed boxes. People are not happy. One guy got two disc fours and no disc five. I count myself lucky mine came unscathed.

jpw67, FJFP and audiomixer like this.
  15. jpw67

jpw67 Forum Resident

Received yesterday. Damaged. Corner ding plus torn inner pocket at corner. As recommended here I've contacted Rhino support and to my surprise they came back last night. Sent my damage pics. We'll see what happens.

On a positive note, I've ripped into my iTune library and am listening now. Love the remixes...

16. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

At least they actually put it in a padded envelope. Amazon has been known to slap an address sticker directly onto album/boxed set packaging and just send it out that way.

17. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Never seen that happen. That's awful.

FJFP and apple-richard like this.
  18. apple-richard

I had a Queen two record set that had a shipping label right on the shrink with no box. It does definitely happen...and it sucks.

Pizza and intv7 like this.
  19. jpw67

jpw67 Forum Resident

What’s wrong with these guys? Don’t they understand that someone motivated enough to buy physical wants to, you know, have something in acceptable condition?

20. jpw67

jpw67 Forum Resident

My Monkees set was boxed, so good, but size of the shipping box was just greater than size of the box set, such that the flat surfaces of the box set were protected, but not the corners.

21. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

They are super slow over there. Maybe it's a seasonal thing? I don't know. I had an issue with my box, it took a couple weeks for them to say they'd send a new one, then a few more weeks for nothing to happen. Then I sent a little snarky message and it went right out.

22. swedishfrog

swedishfrog Forum Resident

Ordered mine on 11th Jan and it arrived this morning. Considering it has come all the way over the pond and passed through various couriers the package was in good nick and the box set itself is perfect. I am a happy customer. I shouldn’t speak too soon though as the TV series box is coming the same route and I don’t want to jinx it.

23. seacliffe301

Mine arrived today, all intact and un-blemished, yay! What a nice boxset, looking forward to some great listening.

24. seacliffe301

I got lucky, mine came in a cardboard box 4 times the height of the CD box, with lots of bubble wrap above & below.

25. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

maybe, just maybe, they are learning that proper shipping packing is the way to go.

cwitt1980, Galley, FJFP and 1 other person like this.