Monkees Tour 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by radickeyfan, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

fair enough...thanks.

2. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

If you're on the fence, definitely go. It's really all about the music; Mike & Micky talk and riff off each other between songs, but it's not shtick - it's very spontaneous. And there's very little to no video at all, either. Just ace music all the way!

3. Michael

thanks for the positive comments...

4. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Gary Strobl vowed to release them in David's honor but nothing so far ... same with his book, first mentioned in the 80s.

Grand_Ennui and Hep Alien like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Definitely the next SDE mentioned last year as a year end release.

I'm thinking it may or maybe both will be released closer to Sandoval's updated book release late this year.

Then hopefully the Monkees Mixology book. After the last 2 SDEs and those books ... I'll be content.

:wiggle:

Hep Alien and JuanTCB like this.
  6. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Well said. As a Monkee fan, I can NOT complain about not having enough stuff to buy.

D-rock likes this.
  7. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

The Good Times! deluxe, with all the bonus tracks and the Nez solo vocal, etc. What exactly the tracklist is was/is, was/is up for debate but Rhino definitely said they had one coming.

They also said they had some "old" Monkees (reunion era) projects in the works. I know I'm one of the few who cares much, but they really had me wound up with that one. Y'all know I love my reunion era stuff.

Live 1968 was strongly hinted at, but not promised as those above.

Already mentioned but probably the most glaring omissions: The two super deluxe sets and the regular blu-ray edition of the show (for those who missed out).

and, of course, the obligatory "much, much more".

Again, I'm just kind of shocked how much they let slip by. When GT! came out, even normies on the street were talking about The Monkees again. Rhino seems to have let a prime opportunity to hock some wares slip. That iron was red hot. What happened?

Praise be to 7a Records and Christian Nesmith, at least.

8. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Not sure about anything else above but I think two complaints are legit:

1. the stuff they said was coming
    2. (more) live documentation - especially on film. This is perhaps the biggest well.

I'll also take a mini pot-shot at Videoranch just because it seems some of the FNB redux shows were, I don't wanna say "professionally", but I'll say "above consumer grade" taped. Wouldn't mind a release to go with Live at the Britt.

I'm not asking for a Dick's Picks campaign here, but given the wealth of their live material from the 80s- present I think a nice audio/visual retrospective would be nice.

And, I dunno, I'm just kind of cranky today for whatever reason.

9. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Anyone going to the Jones event on the 29th please share any pics/videos/anecdotes. It looks like a pretty big deal. Good for the Jones team.

longdist01 and Hep Alien like this.
  10. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

The holy grail for me (and I suspect others). I was lucky enough to catch one of the few UK shows with all four of them around the time of Just Us. Bournemouth, afternoon show if I remember correctly. It was great and I have always hoped that one of the shows was filmed or recorded but I guess not as nothing has been released.

11. Boognish

Boognish On a never-ending quest for vinyl...

CD is available for preorder. When does the Vinyl preorder drop? Do you think the pressing plant fire will effect this release?

Both editions are listed as currently unavailable on Amazon, even though both are listed. I'm sure it didn't sell out so quick....right?

12. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Don't worry - those are just placeholder listings. We'll get the full order option probably when the track orders, etc. go up over the next couple of weeks.

D-rock, Boognish and saborlord123 like this.
  13. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Now THAT would prove interesting, along with stuff from their
    '69 tour with The Sundowners. But especially '68, their final hoorah.

14. I've held off buying Good Times! because I want to have an album that includes all of the bonus stuff. But what's the Nez solo vocal you're referring to?

Elliottmarx likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I don't see how'd they'd have enough material for a GT SDE.

16. They probably don't, but I'd like to get a Good Times album that at least has "Terrifying," "Me & Magdalena (Version 2)," "A Better World," and "Love's What I Want"—in other words, the RSD Good Times! Plus! on CD.

Hep Alien and docwebb like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

It was ridiculous enough that so many versions had to be sought out. Of coarse I sought them all out! Lol. I'd buy pretty much everything they release within reason. As long as Sandoval is on board.

rocknrollforyoursoul and RobRoyF like this.
  18. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

I really like GT but I did not seek out all the variants - I thought it was a bit too ridiculous. When it is said and done, GT was a strong reunion album.

Mike Visco, Iceman08, DaveJ and 2 others like this.
  19. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

If it is possible, I would try to go. M+M show is well worth it.

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

thanks...I'd love to now! thanks to all of you...

RobRoyF likes this.
  21. Yeah, I think it's going too far to have the bonus tracks spread out like that. So far I've just listened to them on YouTube whenever I've had the itch to hear them, and will probably continue to do so until (if) they collect them all on one album.

Hep Alien, RobRoyF and D-rock like this.
  22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

No doubt. Slam dunk!

RobRoyF likes this.
  23. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I've seen the guys 8 times but never as a foursome. My favorite has been the Micky & Mike show. Although, the 2011 show with Micky, Peter & Davy has a special place in my heart.

seeknom, JJR, Hep Alien and 1 other person like this.
  24. JJR

JJR Forum Resident

No foursome for me either. Davy, Micky, Peter I saw 6 times. Nez with Pete and Micky, the last was Nez and Micky, so it is 8 for me too. The song choices after '86 really made the shows special, always mixing in deeper cuts and this past show was great but Nov. 30, 2012 is tops for me - tribute to Davy, Nez doing a Moog, great songs.

Hep Alien, D-rock and RobRoyF like this.
  25. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.