Monty Python's 50th anniversary plans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Raf, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I don't believe it does.

longdist01 likes this.
  2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I received the same canned response that they are presumably sending to anyone to had a damaged set. We are formulating a way to deal with all of this and we are truly baffled as to how this damage happened.

Not too hard to figure out what happened. Those books in each set are heavy. The constant side-to-side shaking during transport caused them to rip right through those flimsy cardboard dividers.

longdist01 and The Hud like this.
  3. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

This set is missing the German episodes and the stuff off the a&e life of python box
    Not to mention the many Python documentaries and live shows

4. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

This set is dedicated just to the original 45 episodes but there is a future release in the works involving the two German episodes and the Flying Circus Montreux Special episode from 1971.

5. Laservampire

The closest the show has come to looking this good is the old BBC “Best of” DVD set, which was still a generation or more away from the actual tapes and didn’t have the sophisticated PAL transform decoder playback.

6. PNeski@aol.com

didn't know Mike and Terry wrote so many classic sketches with Cleese and Chapman just acting ,Those Booklets are great, with a lot of info only in these sets

goodiesguy, realkilroy and JPartyka like this.
  7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Heavy books, 4 tight slots divided by thin cardboard strips (of which all tore right off and border top area split up in corners.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Jerry Horne likes this.
  8. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Yeah so mine was completely destroyed. Looking it at, it never stood a chance! oh well, maybe they’ll replace.

longdist01 and Jerry Horne like this.
  9. Laservampire

For anyone wondering if there are any advantages to having standard def video on blu-ray:

[​IMG]

I'd forgotten just how bad the 2007 Sony masters look!

Plan9, goodiesguy, jtiner and 9 others like this.
  10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I would believe the outer boxes should be replaced by Network!

It should be replaced, a beautifully presented boxset, in a graphic presentation box, and wrapped in a large clear plastic and stuffed in a cardboard box with a piece of tape on each end. No bubble wrap or any layers of foam wrapping...the shippers played Rugby with each of these sets...miraculously some made it sound...others various levels of damage....the video is beautiful...but the presentation box with flaps and lid is not respected after all the design and thought invested?

The Hud likes this.
  11. Royce

Royce Senior Member

My box arrived here today in perfect condition. Phew! I was putting off opening it for a while as I couldn't bear to look!

longdist01 likes this.
  12. PNeski@aol.com

funny there's plenty of info on those German Episodes in the booklet

13. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I received my package but haven't had a chance to open it yet. On gently shaking of the box, something seems a little loose. I suspect damaged dividers.

longdist01 likes this.
  14. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

My set was destroyed internally as well. I wrote Network who feel it is an isolated incident affecting a handful of buyers. What a load of crap. The box had to be designed by an idiot.

longdist01 and Jerry Horne like this.
  15. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Assuming my box arriving Tuesday will get torn up inside, is there anything essential about the outer packaging -- any notes that aren't in the season sets? Or is it something I'll be able to toss and not sweat it, assuming the season sets will fit with other discs on the shelf? The packaging issue is annoying but if it's just some art designed by Network, I don't want the stress of waiting on a replacement.

16. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

There are basically 4 inner cardboard slipcases stored in the center of the decorative Box w/ Lid. So you can store them with your media (similar to Criterion slipcase release)

Unfortunately the design of the outer box is terrible when shipping out...

NaturalD likes this.
  17. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Dear Customer,

Apologies again if you are one of the unlucky recipients of a damaged box set. We share your disappointment, especially as the restorations and books themselves have been receiving such acclaim.

We are investigating this as a matter of urgency and we await feedback from our manufacturing, packing and courier partners. We will get back to you just as soon as we can but thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

longdist01 likes this.
  18. cabowabodude5150

cabowabodude5150 Forum Resident

not to minimize any breakage, but are y'all really gonna put that huge a@@ box on a shelf. I simply took the season boxes out of the outer box and put them on the shelf. the outer box is on my closet floor.

chad

NaturalD likes this.
  19. PNeski@aol.com

Yeah the Box is way to big ,Not sure I go along with networks claim that only a few were damaged ,these could easily be damaged the second the box is on the side ,even if you get one in perfect condition
    the art direction is a C ,the Books are A+++

longdist01 likes this.
  20. dvakman

dvakman stalking the dread moray eel

Mine made it all the way to New Orleans intact as well. I feel fortunate, and I am really sorry for all my fellow fans who waited in anticipation all this time, just to have to deal with this headache.

longdist01 likes this.
  21. TheSixthBeatle

TheSixthBeatle Quae nocent, saepe docent

I want one of these. I feel like I should wait until this (dodgy?) company announces remedial action. Or until they sell out(?)

22. dvakman

I wouldn't call them dodgy necessarily... they've released some great sets over the years. I relish their blu-ray set of The Prisoner in particular (which is now sadly OOP in the US).

longdist01 likes this.
  23. Laservampire

Theres nothing dodgy about the individual sets or restorations. You can just buy them piecemeal as they are released or get the big box and hope for the best.

longdist01 likes this.
  24. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I would still recommend getting the set, the quality of the Blu-Rays and the booklet outweighs my broken box. I would like to get a intact box since that is what I paid for, but if I don't, I will get over it. The design of the box is kind of annoying to actually keep the discs in it.

longdist01 likes this.
  25. dvakman

It was definitely a case of form over function!

longdist01 and The Hud like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.