Mood and Music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khorn, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

In most cases I'll switch on my player for about 1/2 hr and then decide what to play to start off a planned "listening session". Other times I'll think about a certain song and that will prompt me to start a listening session. There are also times I'll intend on playing one thing and get sidetracked listening to other discs and maybe never get around to what I had intended to listen to in the first place.

On rare occasions I'll get ready to listen and, after the "warmup" period I find that for some reason I can't decide what to listen to or even worse, nothing sounds quite right and I give up altogether. Of course the opposite happens very regularly where I'll intend on listening for a short time but end up spending hours and hours with the music.

I wonder what factors put us "in the mood" to listen to music at some times more than others?

2. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

All true, but when you match the right music with the right mood, it's magical. One night I was driving home on a winter's night as the sun was setting across the cityscape of Manchester, NH. Stevie Ray's "Riviera Paradise" came on through my CD player and it perfectly matched the visuals and vibe. Just great incidental music.

Speaking of Stevie Ray, I saw some excerpts from the new Montreux DVD on music choice and all I can say is "wow!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.