Moon Neo 330a...yeah, I think this is going to be a thing.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by HenryH, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git Thread Starter

So, I've been dragging out a decision about replacing my Bryston 3B ST power amp for something a little more up to date. In the meanwhile I had to get both midrange drivers on my Vandersteen 3A Sigs repaired.

I've been looking at an Ayre V-5xe, and pondered the possibility of a McIntosh MC152. But the Moon 330a was also a potential option. I've been seeing mixed opinions about the Ayre, but the MC152 seems to get a lot of positive feedback, though I haven't heard it myself. I had a brief listen to the Moon hooked up to the Vandersteens, and it was a clear improvement over the Bryston.

Couldn't find any other mention around here, and I was curious if anyone could offer any input about the Moon. The bonus is that I can get it for a very reasonable price.

2. Ecjjr

Ecjjr Well-Known Member

I have Moon electronics and am very happy. Solid build and great sound. I have only had my amps for about a year but have heard Moon is reliable and very good if you need customer service . Although I don’t have the 330a, I have heard it and was impressed. Plus it’s a Canadian company.

arcamsono likes this.
  3. heathen

heathen Forum Resident

I had a Moon integrated amp and was generally happy with it. I think they're conservative in their power specs. If they say this thing does 125 W/channel I bet it can power...damn near anything.

4. HenryH

Yeah, I've always heard and read good things about the Moon gear, but I've never really had a chance to seriously consider it until now.

5. captwillard

captwillard Forum Resident

If you like Bryston, You'll like Sim Audio.

6. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

I think your post is not so much a question as looking for validation ;)
    Seems pretty easy to me-sounded better, good price? Buy it and ENJOY!

7. HenryH

Well, yes and no.

I was originally leaning heavily towards the Ayre, and after throwing that out as a possibility the feedback I got, though generally positive, brought up some issues that gave me second thoughts. I believe that the Moon would definitely be a good choice, but I would like to hear other perspectives out of curiosity.

Of course, just personal opinions, yet still it's interesting to get those views.

8. arcamsono

arcamsono Senior Member

Seem to have good value for amount spent.

9. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

I’m thinking of getting a couple of 330a amps and running them mono to power my Klipschorns. Anyone with experience running these things in a mono pair?

10. Robsonschoice

Robsonschoice Forum Resident

11. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Thanks, just finished reading it. I was wondering about experiences running as a mono pair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.