Moonshine - CBC series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John B Good, Nov 17, 2021.

1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Anyone else seen this?

CBC program featuring a dysfunctional clan’s attempting to rescue or escape a foundering resort. I haven’t seen Trailer Park Boys but I have a feeling there were some similarities?

Some funny and some sad and several not believable plots, but charming for the most part. Other side of reality from Heartland.

I gather there will be a second season, because the last episode I saw left many plots hanging unresolved.

carrick doone likes this.
  2. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

I watched the first episode. I didn't enjoy it and I found the premise not very interesting. The trailer looked great though.

3. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

That was shot in Hubbards wasn't it?

4. John B Good

Recognized the Shore Club, and the scenery was typical of the area.

5. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

This is streaming on Netflix. I'm 5 episodes in to the 8 episode first season. Hilarious characters and great Canadian (for the most part) tunes played by the local DJ akin to Chris the DJ on Northern Exposure.

Hope this one gets renewed.

John B Good likes this.
  6. John B Good

Well into its second season. I'm finding it a bit hard to follow - I ask about some plot hole and a couple of eps later it is explained.

Lidia is just flakey in my books - She's the careless hippie, not her parents.

7. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

We’ve enjoyed it though like many shows the first season (which we watched at least a year ago), was the best.
    Recently finished Season 2 and halfway through Season 3 now.

Though many of the characters are exaggerated they are generally likeable IMO which makes it an easy watch.