more brubeck columbia reissues on cd in 2005?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by monkboughtlunch, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member Thread Starter

just scored a vinyl first pressing of brubeck columbia LP "Anything Goes" circa 1966 on Ebay for just $6.99!!

this is a great LP, and I'm wondering when Sony/Legacy will get around to reissuing this and other "lost" columbia sessions on CD.

are there any plans in 2005 for more columbia brubeck reissues?

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I haven't heard of anything, but I totally missed out on yet another CD reissue that flew under the radar: "Time Changes". It's now out of print. :( I already have Time Out, Time Further Out, Countdown--Time In Outer Space and Time In, so it makes no sense to buy the "For All Time" box set which contains these plus Time Changes...but I'd recommend it for anyone who wanted all these for a reasonable price (lists for $45, but Amazon has it for $35.99, which is just over $7/disc for some great music).

I've just been listening to the live Columbia LP "Compadres", which has Brubeck with Dawson, Six and Gerry Mulligan. I believe this must have been one of the first with this new lineup. The "Last Set At Newport" on Atlantic is another favorite.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Get the Brubeck Goes To College CD. I doubt the sound will be any better, but the performance is not to be missed. I believe it was Brubeck's debut for Columbia....

Suprised that one is still in print...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.