More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I've never seen this before, wow!

2. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Yeah, that was a very popular fan club piece, there are several of them around. But- few if any in this condition!

1963 was also the final year for the very rare Parlophone large promotional photo card. This card was larger, measuring 7 3/8'' x 4 7/8''. From photo archives.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    oboogie, MerseyBeatle and longdist01 like this.
  3. Maranatha5585

HALLELUJAH!!

[​IMG]

Years of searching... has ended tonight. :) * * * *

4. Maranatha5585

MFSL "ONE-STEP" ... The Next BIG Thing ?
    Is ''Blood On The Tracks'' far away...

[​IMG]

5. Maranatha5585

While my snare gently weeps...
    Someone else said that, as an old drummer it's perfect.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    oboogie, longdist01 and MerseyBeatle like this.
  6. Maranatha5585

7. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Wow, Hal Blaine literally played the soundtrack to my life. RIP Hal, you're sorely missed.

oboogie, longdist01 and Maranatha5585 like this.
  8. Maranatha5585

This is the greatest.. I can't believe that I never saw this till five minutes ago.
    While I remember hearing he received the award, I had no idea this existed.
    c., 2000.

* Bob Dylan - ASCAP Founders Award 1986

There's few people that I can simply watch and observe.
    Dylan has a charisma that is out of this world.. to me.
    Am I nuts ? ... I've decided long ago not to worry about it.

Blue Note, oxegen, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  9. Maranatha5585

10. Maranatha5585

11. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

In September 1965 a new Bob Dylan single was released. It was supposed to be "Positively 4th Street". But the pressing plant(s) in the US were sent the wrong song and the first pressings contained a "mysterious" replacement - an early version of "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?"

Here is a contemporary Billboard article:-

[​IMG]

Mortified by the error, Columbia recalled the single and requested that DJs and other recipients destroy the record:-

[​IMG]

It is not known how many escaped. Similar quantities to the 17,000 copies that the Santa Maria plant claimed to have pressed may have been also pressed by Terre Haute and Pitman. However it seems unlikely that these sort of quantities avoided the recall. The dead wax suffixes to look out for on the A-Side of this NOT "Positively 4th Street" are -1A, -1C, and -1D. If you get one of these it is most likely that you will have, instead of "Positively 4th Street", the only official mono release of the early version of "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?"

Bob Dylan: 1965 Recalled mis-press of US single "Positively 4th Street" which plays and early version of "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The single was re-released with the correct song on it and rode high in the charts. Bob's next single was "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?", but it was a later recording. The single was not particularly successful.

12. Maranatha5585

Fellow Bobcats ~
    There will indeed be a Bob Dylan "Blood On The Tracks" MFSL - "One-Step" LP box set!!!
    It will come out towards the end of the year, or early next year .. There will be two LP's to the album. It is a limited edition, pre-orders are being taken NOW at Music Direct. They will not charge your card till shipment. Price is $125.00 .. the phone number is: 800 449-8333 .
    This is a new process.. and way of making and pressing LP's. The sound is reported to be absolutely incredible. IF you are interested (and you should be), I suggest you order asap. I did.

:pineapple: :bdance::goodie: :edthumbs: :cheers: :righton: :bdance: :pineapple:

longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  13. Maranatha5585

Man! that's amazing.. I listened to KRLA everyday on my transistor radio at the time.

14. easycraig

easycraig Well-Known Member

15. Maranatha5585

KRLA ~ "BEAT" .. The L.A. Radio Station Weekly Paper
    U.S. Los Angeles, CA. A very popular music newspaper, had Tony Barrow as a direct link to The Beatles, and later Derek Taylor would be the editor ..
    c., 1964 - 1968.

[​IMG]

Columbia Records promotional print ad for the new single, and the new ''Greatest Hits'' LP
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  16. Maranatha5585

* TODAY'S "HOT TIP" .. Do NOT Wait On This One -
    ONLY 3,000 Numbered Ltd. Editions

Release 2018

Mobile Fidelity - UD1S 2 - UltraDisc - 180 Gram Virgin Vinyl -

AAA 100% Analogue - Ultradisc One Step Pressing UD1S

3,000 Numbered Limited Edition - 45RPM

More About Mobile Fidelity UltraDisc One-Step and Why It Is Superior
    Instead of utilizing the industry-standard three-step lacquer process, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's new UltraDisc One-Step (UD1S) uses only one step, bypassing two processes of generational loss. While three-step processing is designed for optimum yield and efficiency, UD1S is created for the ultimate in sound quality.

Just as Mobile Fidelity pioneered the UHQR (Ultra High-Quality Record) with JVC in the 1980s, UD1S again represents another state-of-the-art advance in the record-manufacturing process. MFSL engineers begin with the original master tapes and meticulously cut a set of lacquers. These lacquers are used to create a very fragile, pristine UD1S stamper called a "convert." Delicate "converts" are then formed into the actual record stampers, producing a final product that literally and figuratively brings you closer to the music.

By skipping the additional steps of pulling another positive and an additional negative, as done in the three-step process used in standard pressings, UD1S produces a final LP with the lowest noise floor possible today. The removal of the additional two steps of generational loss in the plating process reveals tremendous amounts of extra musical detail and dynamics, which are otherwise lost due to the standard copying process. The exclusive nature of these very limited pressings guarantees that every UD1S pressing serves as an immaculate replica of the lacquer sourced directly from the original master tape. Every conceivable aspect of vinyl production is optimized to produce the most perfect record album available today.

longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  17. Maranatha5585

French Quarter, New Orleans ~ Home Studio
    It was here that Bob Dylan & Daniel Lanois recorded the masterpiece "Time Out Of Mind".
    Lanois signed the LP for me at a Valentines Day gig at a small club in Atlanta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bluesky, longdist01, Jonpd and 4 others like this.
  18. Maranatha5585

The Beatles ~ "AHDN" .. Hollywood Bowl
    These are the clearest I've seen!

19. Maranatha5585

20. Maranatha5585

21. Maranatha5585

"Rolling Stone" ~ Nov. 23, 1968

[​IMG]

longdist01, MerseyBeatle and oboogie like this.
  22. Maranatha5585

23. Maranatha5585

John Wetton ~

[​IMG]

Don Strike Music Store ~ Westbourne Arcade .. Bournemouth, U.K.
    In the early 1960's Robert Fripp, Greg Lake & John Wetton all took guitar lessons here as kids.
    [​IMG]

The Corvettes ~ (1964) included John Wetton, and Richard Palmer James.. who would of course become the lyricist of King Crimson's LTIA, SABB, and RED!!! .. Amazing indeed. It all comes around, they all knew each other as kids.. What a rich musical tapestry.. and a good bit of irony, serendipity, and fate.
    [​IMG]

The next band was the Palmer James Band ~ (1965)
    [​IMG]

John would play with Mogul Thrash, Uriah Heep, Family, King Crimson, Roxy Music, U.K.,
    and Asia. He was the greatest, my favorite era Crimson.. that voice and that bass!! BEST.

bluesky, longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  24. Maranatha5585

25. Maranatha5585

John Lennon ~ Handwritten List
    U.K. A heretofore unknown list on Abkco memorandum stationary written by John.
    Always so interesting to see his way of listing things, and idiosyncrasies. The note is
    addressed To: Peter - From: Them. Subject: Weekend .. Ya gotta love that, and the little
    guitar. Peter- could be Peter Brown, or possibly Peter Bennett. My guess is Peter Brown.
    "Coupla teashirts - (dark)'' Ha! .. This just went up at Track$UK.
    c., 1969.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    oboogie, longdist01 and Jonpd like this.