More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

wow, i cannot recall a photo shoot that included Brian, and didn't include Paul and Ringo...unusual for sure!

2. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

3. Maranatha5585

4. Maranatha5585

Klaus Voormann ~ Apple Records Invitation
    U.K. Apple Records .. A Very RARE! personal invitation to the great Klaus Voormann..
    For the opening of Three Savile Row .. Beautiful condition! photo archives.
    Note: the invitation is addressed to Friar Park as Klaus was living at George's estate at
    the time. It's also very cool that Apple had an actual Apple Postal stamp! :righton: Primo!
    c., 1969.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    oboogie, Jonpd, Percy Song and 3 others like this.
  5. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Got this signed after Simon's show at the Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco in 2013:

[​IMG]

6. Maranatha5585

Just ran across this again...
    Really nails it. One of the funniest!

7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

oboogie, Jonpd, MerseyBeatle and 2 others like this.
  8. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

:laugh:

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  9. Maranatha5585

10. Maranatha5585

Wallichs Music City ~ TOP 40
    U.S. L.A. ~ No # 1 - "The Beatles'' White Album
    Flier for week ending Jan 5, 1969 .. photo archive.
    c., 1969.

[​IMG]

oboogie, Jonpd, MerseyBeatle and 2 others like this.
  11. Maranatha5585

The Beatles ~ "Revolver" Mono LP
    JP. Toshiba EMI .. Mono, Beautiful red vinyl, A superb sounding trip..
    I used to have about six or seven of these incredible 1980 Japanese Mono's.
    c., 1966/'80.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  12. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Nashville author Daryl Sanders was a guest on the breakfast show on Takoma Radio WOWD-LP 94.3 FM the other day talking about his great book, "That Thin, Wild Mercury Sound - Dylan, Nashville, And The Making Of Blonde On Blonde" The revised paperback edition will be published in May. Nice shout out towards the end for a couple of people that hang out here occasionally...

GET UP! WOWD DARYL SANDERS on Bob Dylan and Blonde on Blonde

[​IMG]

13. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Adam West and Burt Ward, better known as Batman and Robin, autographed picture
    [​IMG]

14. MerseyBeatle

Batman Theme LP by Neal Hefti, 1966.
    [​IMG]

15. MerseyBeatle

Batman Theme 45 on yellow wax. Record Store Day release.
    [​IMG]

16. Percy Song

^^^^^^ That so brings back memories of the corny jokes!

What does Batman's mum call out when it's time to eat?

"Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner! Dinner, dinner, dinner dinner! BATMAAAAN!"

(You wouldn't think I'm a responsible person drawing a pension, would you?)

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

17. MerseyBeatle

Holy................

18. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

Thanks for sharing- it was hard for me not to get dizzy after a while of the many hundreds or so. If you put this on endless loop at Guantanamo the prisoners would all shout,"No-please! Bring back the water and the boards!"

I believe Robin says "Holy Koufax!" at the 12 second mark (if not- oh well). So I took this one out of my collection to post right now.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  19. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Don’t think I ever posted this in this thread. Obtained in person in 2001. :)
    [​IMG]

20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  21. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

vintage ticket stub for Badfinger and The Doors, on same bill in Spring of 1972.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

D.B., HominyRhodes, Beattles and 7 others like this.
  22. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

My friend who has an extensive collection of jazz recordings including over 100 original 78s from the 20s-30s sent me this photo. It is a special double album created by the original Audio Fidelity audiophile company in the late 50s. There were 2 separate albums packaged together for sale nationally in all Radio Shack stores.

[​IMG]

"Satchmo plays King Oliver" and "Lionel" were the 2 albums put together. No autographs on this but he knew I had Lionel Hampton's from my plane flight with him in 1989. Plus "Pops" is his favorite musician of all time and he has most of Armstrong's recordings.

23. Percy Song

Thanks for posting this, @mrjinks !

Drool! Double drool!! Treble drool!!

I was lucky enough to see Woody and his band playing his usual Monday night slot at Michael's Pub on East 55th Street when I was in New York for a few days almost 40 years ago in the summer of 1980. No big fanfare arrival "on stage", nothing fancy, Woody in his normal nondescript brown corduroys and (maybe a light check) shirt. Frankly, the joint was a bit of a dive if I recall correctly - the food was definitely nothing to write hone about (although I'm no connoisseur and never enjoyed eating out anywhere - I'd rather stick pins in my eyes). Not a single word from the man during the performance. Well, it wasn't really a performance as such, just a casual clarinet player dropping in on a band for a bit of a session. Magical.

I never gave a thought to trying to get an autograph or anything, or retaining any paperwork - just put a note in the diary I kept at that time. I don't think there were tickets required, although there might have been a heftier than normal service charge to secure a table. I'd guess the audience / diners numbered 150, so quite a big place by my standards. I think his latest at the time was the superb "Manhattan", a film I can watch 'till the cows come home.

The word at the time was that Woody said he would never attend the Oscars ceremony because the event was held on a Monday and that was the night he played Michael's and he wasn't about to change his schedule to accommodate others Maybe that's in the film.

Does he still do this gig? Is Michael's Pub still in existence? If the latter is affirmative I only hope they've renewed the decor in the last 40 years.... :)

Edit: I see now he's been doings his Monday night gigs at The Carlyle hotel for years, since Michael's closed down in the 1990s. Great memories...

24. Percy Song

Maranatha5585 and MerseyBeatle like this.
  25. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Enjoyed your story, as well!

If you’re suffering from insomnia at some point, I’ll steer you to my account of seeing Woody back in 2001. I actually attended a private screening of his then-current film, with an introduction by him one night, and then got to see his jazz band the following night (in their first-ever US show outside of NYC). I posted about it online way back in 2001, when the memories were fresh, and that's why I could post the story here in such (excruciating?) detail. It starts here, and continues for the next few posts...
    Woody Allen: Film by Film Thread