More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Robert Johnson ~ "The Crossroads''
    Clarksdale, MS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robert Johnson grave site, near a tree for shade Little Zion Church.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. Maranatha5585

The Beatles ~ Signed Photo
    U.K. ''POP WEEKLY'' Magazine large center fold, featuring the classic Dezo Hoffman
    collarless suits photograph. Great examples .. RARE! photo archives.
    c., 1963.

[​IMG]

Jonpd, oboogie, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  3. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

It looks like France is going to release two unique Dylan releases on Record Store Day. Unfortunately, they’re only going to be released in France. Thank to @BlueJay for the alert in the RSD 2020 thread.

[​IMG]
    From DisquaireDay.fr
    “In 1965 the album “Highway 61 Revisited” was released, including the singles “The Ballad of A Thin Man” and “Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues”. The following year CBS France released these two titles in the form of a 45 rpm EP. This EP was only released in France in 1966 and is a territorial peculiarity that caught our attention! This is why we are proposing for this Record Store Day 2020, a reissue like this one of a kind EP collector.”
    Bob Dylan - The Ballad Of a Thin Man - Disquaire Day

[​IMG]
    From DisquaireDay.fr
    The album "The Freewheelin 'Bob Dylan" was released on CBS in 1963 in the USA. The same year CBS France decides to release the album, for an audience that does not yet master English as well as today, and translates the title of the album "En Roue Libre". This French version, which contains detailed descriptions and comments in French on the back of the cover of each of the titles, was only and exclusively released on French territory at the time. We offer the reissue of this legendary album in an atypical and nostalgic version of a time when album titles were translated. This version will only be released in France for Disquaire Day 2020. Here is a little gem for collectors and Dylanophiles around the world!
    Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan - En Roue Libre - Disquaire Day

4. Maranatha5585

KING CRIMSON ~ "Cat Food'' .. 10'' Vinyl
    U.K. DGM .. Brand new super 4 track vinyl EP!
    Bizarro original art work reproduction from Peter Sinfield.
    c., 1970 / 2020.

[​IMG]

• Features Cat Food (single version) & Groon (original single B-side)
    • Also features a live version of Cat Food performed by the current line-up in Toronto in September 2019
    • Also included is an alternate mix of the album version of Cat Food prepared by David Singleton as part of the KC50 digital series
    • Artwork derived from Peter Sinfield’s original 7” sleeve art
    • Cut by Jason Mitchell at Loud Mastering

Here's a look back at my original 7'' U.K. PS single..
    [​IMG]

5. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

:thumbsup: I received my CD from Burning Shed today.

Gatefold card sleeve .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

omikron, Maranatha5585 and oboogie like this.
  6. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

8. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  9. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I read this Rolling Stone article twice earlier today from another thread.

No where is it quoted by Olivia or Dhani that they are working on a 50th release.

The author infers it from the quotes.

The quotes are simply that they are listening to archival material. Obviously why mention this to the press if you weren't looking at some projects bit it certainly is not announced or cofirmed.

Maranatha5585, oboogie and Jonpd like this.
  10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

a friend shared this UK shop display board for McCartney's 1989 album release. It was up on TracksUK site. Great album from Paul and very cool return to Touring much of the world for him!

[​IMG]

Maranatha5585, oboogie, Jonpd and 3 others like this.
  11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

same friend shared this funny Q&A clip w/ Paul McCartney done in NYC Lyceum theatre. Apparently guitarist Mike Pachelli got picked from Media pool for a question. Mike used to have music program on TV in Tampa, FL back then.

Maranatha5585, oboogie, Jonpd and 2 others like this.
  12. omikron

Some Flowers In The Dirt promotional items. I particularly like the flower pot idea. That was clever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An Italian shop display. Still in the packaging so here's the link on that one: B29478 – Paul McCartney 1989 EMI Flowers In The Dirt Promotional Shop Display (Italy) - Tracks

[​IMG]

And a couple promo posters:

[​IMG]

And this is my all-time favorite Paul McCartney poster. I've had this one hanging up on my wall for years now. Funny story, my wife thinks Paul McCartney is trying to kill her. She's missed 2 Paul concerts that I've bought her tickets for because of illness and BARELY made it to a third because she was just getting over being sick. She hardly ever gets sick. Then just a couple months ago, this poster (with frame) fell off the wall and hit her in the shoulder! I'm not getting rid of that poster.

[​IMG]

13. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Got this at a 'meet and greet' at Beatlefest '97.

[​IMG]

14. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Cool stuff, Bruce. I believe you've been down through the Delta, right? I've been down to Memphis, and rode through Mississippi on a train, en route to New Orleans, but haven't yet made it into Robert Johnson/Charley Patton territory. Maybe someday. :cool:

I've been interested in the Robert Johnson saga for a long, long time, starting with the two original Columbia albums, King Of The Delta Blues Singers Vol. 1 & 2, which were so critically essential and influential to Dylan, the Stones, Cream, and so many other artists. A few years after Rolling Stone magazine published the so-called 'dimestore photo' of Robert in 1986 (the first time the general public had ever seen his face) 78 Quarterly magazine did a feature article, which included not only a Robert Crumb illustration of the dimestore pic, but an enlargement inside, along with the second known photo of Robert, all dressed up and once again holding a guitar. Both of those photos are now absolutely everywhere online, of course, but at that time their emergence seemed truly astounding. (There have been rumors of a third photo, of Robert posing with his nephew, who wore a sailor's uniform, but as far as I know, that photo, if it exists, has never been made public.)

[​IMG]

According to the info in 78 Quarterly, posters of both photos were available from a California publisher, and I sent in my order immediately. Here is a reply I got from them in March 1990:

[​IMG]

So, I received both pics, one poster-sized (which still hangs in my music room) and the printed postcard, which I just rediscovered while going through some old files.

I have at least half a dozen books and many magazine articles about Robert, but the recently-published biography by Gayle Dean Wardlow and Bruce Conforth is the best one yet, with tons of brand new, well-researched material. It examines and explains a lot of the folklore that's evolved around Robert over the years, and will probably become the definitive account of his life. There have been attempts by other revisionist authors and 'music experts' to demystify Robert, to turn him into just another run-of-the-mill 1930s bluesman, who wasn't as talented as his legend would lead you to believe, but I'm sorry, they're wrong -- I still listen to his music often, it never fails to move me.

15. Maranatha5585

THE BEATLES ~ ''Mersey Beat'' Newspaper
    U.K. Rare! Original vintage Mersey Beat paper with the great Beatles cover issue..
    Dated Sept 20 - Oct 4, 1962. The cover story about the Beatles signing with E.M.I. :righton:
    Primo ad by NEMS.. "Now accepting orders for THE BEATLES first record on Parlophone "
    ''Love Me Do'' / "P.S. I Love You" Released Friday Oct 5th. .. Available from Perry Cox.
    What a super surviving example..
    :)
    c., 1962.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  16. omikron

Fake Paul McCartney tabloid for Flaming Pie.

It was a four sheet foldout and used as a promo item for the album. I cannot find scans of the other pages.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Maranatha5585

Excellent post HR! :righton:
    Wow.. the 78 quarter mag is cool, poster.. etc. Nice :thumbsup:
    Yeah I've done the Delta .. deep Delta, it was an 8 day trip, solo.
    I posted some photos much earlier .. Search : RJ , Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    oboogie, longdist01 and HominyRhodes like this.
  18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

:wtf: wait... is there a "McCartney Crossword puzzle" exclusive in that paper?

oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  19. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Interesting tidbit regarding Paul and crossword puzzles.....

Bert Danher was the first cryptic crossword compiler to be simultaneously published in all five English broadsheet daily newspapers, and Paul McCartney Fun Club publication, Club Sandwich.

Known as Hendra, an anagram of his surname, he was taken on by the Guardian in 1975, and, over the next few years, contributed to the Times; the Financial Times, under the pseudonym Dinmutz, a word made up from seven Scrabble tiles randomly chosen; the Daily Telegraph, where his Thursday puzzles were recognizable by a musical reference in the clue at 1-across; and the Independent, as Aquila (Latin for eagle, the newspaper's symbol). He was the paper's first crossword editor, before realizing that he preferred compiling to editing.

Born in Liverpool, Danher was educated at King Edward VI school, Birmingham, and Liverpool Collegiate. He was taught to solve crossword puzzles by his uncle Jim McCartney, the father of the Beatle Paul, who was also Danher's godson.

Club Sandwich 79

D.B., Percy Song, Jonpd and 5 others like this.
  20. HominyRhodes

Bob Dylan onstage with Gene Clark / The Byrds at Ciro's, West Hollywood, spring 1965. According to SetlistFM, Dylan played the Jimmy Reed classic "Baby What You Want Me To Do" with the band. Wonder if they also did "Mr. Tambourine Man"??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found this clipping about BD & The Byrds (tried to enlarge the photo, but it's not great quality) and I'm wondering if any interview tape between Bob and Hugh Cherry, a DJ, has ever surfaced. Unless I'm mistaken, he seems to be holding out a microphone...

[​IMG]

21. Maranatha5585

Robert Johnson - "The Complete Recordings" 3 LP Box Set
    U.S. Columbia Records still sealed box set of Robert Johnson.
    Remastered, Mono this was the thing to have in 1990 .. promo hype sticker.
    As new, sealed box.
    c., 1990.

[​IMG]

22. HominyRhodes

Beautiful. I remember seeing that vinyl edition in a record store was when it was first released, but I already had the CD boxset, so I passed. :doh:

oboogie, longdist01 and Maranatha5585 like this.
  23. Maranatha5585

24. Maranatha5585

25. Maranatha5585