More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I bought the magazine this morning, and have played the CD through three times already. It’s a lovely listen; very strong selection of artists, thoughtfully sequenced. There are many highlights, but I’m really digging this version of “Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands” by Weyes Blood; fantastic stuff.

The Bob track is yet another fascinating insight into his creative process that stands alongside “Up to Me” and “Caribbean Wind”.

Bring on BS16!

2. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

Nice, I made the seeming mistake (too busy with work to go to a decent sized newsagent who will carry Uncut) of ordering it for delivery and it’s not arrived yet...

3. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I got lucky. My local newsagent is just three minutes walk from my front door. He only carries a very small magazine selection, but he had two copies of Uncut on the shelf this morning, so I nabbed one and got straight back to my home office.

mrjinks, oboogie and longdist01 like this.
  4. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I did the same. It didn't arrive today so, taking my destiny in my hand (oo, er, missus, Carry On Shopping), I headed into town to buy one. Supermarkets don't seem to stock these popular beat combo rags these days so I sallied forth, undaunted, to W.H. Smith. It's like the 1950s in there which made me rather dewy-eyed. They told me they usually get three copies in per month, "just in case". Sure enough, there were three on the shelf. Now there's only two. I thought they might only take payment in Green Shield Stamps, book tokens or postal orders, or worse still demand to see my ration book or perhaps only accept a cheque if I banked with Coutts & Co and wore a bowler hat. But no, contactless payments are all the rage in Smith's now, apparently, although on this particular visit the terminal was out of order. So I rummaged around in my shoulder bag and found something called a ten pound note where I normally keep my... oh, I suppose I'd better not reveal the contents of that particular zipped compartment. "Thank you, Sir, here is your change. Would you like a bag with that, Sir?" I thought, "Change? What's that, and where am I going to put it?"

A lovely experience; talking to old people and sniffing books and marvelling at the rows and rows of tins of pencils and - wait for it - Filofaxes! I shall frequent Smith's dim and dusty boutique more often in future. Maybe...

(I do understand that only @stepeanut and @TheGoodDoctor will have the slightest inkling about what I just posted, but everyone here is so cool I know won't get any of those weird sideways looks normally reserved for old men who've left their flies open and have yesterday's custard on their tie.)

5. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

As it happens I have tomorrow off for a boozy lunch by the river and a rather convenient 4 hour window following that but before a much needed haircut. So off record shopping in Shoreditch and newsagent scouring I go.

6. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Lovely post. Took me right back to walking up Streatham High Road (back in the day and when it was nice).

7. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Thanks Peter!

Percy Song, oboogie and longdist01 like this.
  8. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

9. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Tony Cradock talks with Pattie Boyd on this podcast up on Spotify!

Ask Pattie
    All Things Music

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  10. Maranatha5585

Robert Fripp ~ "Music For Quiet Moments # 51''

Percy Song, omikron, Jonpd and 2 others like this.
  11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

12. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan ~ "Too Late"

13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  14. swedwards1960

swedwards1960 Forum Resident

Seems like it could be an interesting song, but he sounds drunk.

15. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Here's a promo poster for "Paul's C'Mon" People single from his Off The Ground album.

Can't remember where I picked this one up. Probably eil.com. I went through an eil phase in the early 2000s.

[​IMG]

16. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

[​IMG]

1992 UK reissue poster from Apple/EMI of First 5 artists reissues w/Bonus tracks on
    CD - Cassette - Gatefold vinyl.
    M- condition. Poster measures 20x30

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you again Bruce for sharing "Music For Quiet Moments" on Friday!

Maranatha5585, omikron and oboogie like this.
  18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Well hope everyone is ok...did you miss Sunday Brunch w/ Toyah & Robert, and special guest Sidney Jake on other guitar?
    [ Thanks @Chris DeVoe ! ]

"I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

19. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

1992 Capitol/EMI Apple Reissues poster
    This poster was double-sided, with
    The Collector's Series on back
    (Grand Funk, The Raspberries, etc...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Now just to get one of these signed by Paul one day...Ringo not a chance in Pepperland!

The Beatles Summer 2021 Coolers (Igloo)
    [ Thank you @Clark V Kauffman ! ]

Yellow Submarine

[​IMG]

Blue Meanie

[​IMG]

All You Need Is Love

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Percy Song, Jonpd, omikron and 3 others like this.
  21. Percy Song

There is nothing rare or signed about this but it really is one of my favourites:-

Bob Dylan: "Music & Photos". 2013 European 2CD release in a 12.75" x 11.5" hardback book-style wallet with ten 12.5" x 11" b/w photos on quite heavy soft-sheen (is there such a thing?) photographic paper. I don't know how to measure the weight of the paper but it is a good deal heavier than the 235 gsm photo paper I have in my top drawer.

The CDs are the European revised edition of "The Essential Bob Dylan", so nothing much of note audio-wise. (I haven't even played the CDs...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Percy Song

A couple of my favourite photos from the set:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

And to round out my Run Devil Run stash

[​IMG]

A promo poster with an unfortunate industry fold.

Roughly 12x24

24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

A great promo poster, unfortunate about that industry fold!

Maranatha5585 and oboogie like this.
  25. BroJB

BroJB Large Marge sent me.

Signed setlist from Wayne Kramer, and broken stick from Dennis "Machine Gun" Thompson, from an awesome MC5 show (that also included Evan Sandi, Mark Arm and Marshall Crenshaw filling out the band)

[​IMG]