More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Couple unused Dark Horse labels I picked up several years ago. Unfortunately clipped a bit on the edges but still nice to have.

[​IMG]

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I was also going to point you to the signed Rules for Jokers sitting on discogs right now, but didn't think you'd want to change your name to "Russell" in order to get it.
    :winkgrin:

longdist01, Percy Song and oboogie like this.
  3. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I might have justified purchasing it if Jazmyn had still been with us.... :)

[​IMG]

4. Head Gardener

Head Gardener Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Let It Bleed
    with the cake on the cover made by Delia Smith that she signed for me, quite possibly the only signed one in the world as when I asked her she said that no-one had ever asked her to do it before!

5. the Mac

the Mac Forum Resident

That's a good idea and i'm amazed that she has signed anymore. As a Norwich fan and someone who has seen her at the ground and the restaurant, I might grab a copy of the cd incase our paths cross!

6. Head Gardener

no, that would be a BAD idea then mine won't be the only copy! :laugh: mind you if it's a CD then knock yerself out

longdist01, the Mac and oboogie like this.
  7. the Mac

the Mac Forum Resident

That's why I purposely said cd, I didn't want to devalue your lovely LP.

8. Percy Song

Fantastic! "Where Are You! Where Are You! Let's Be Havin' You!" :righton: :laugh:

9. buttrflypromise

buttrflypromise Active Member

omikron and longdist01 like this.
  10. Jonpd

Jonpd Forum Resident

Advertising leaflet for new McCartney stamp issue.

[​IMG]

11. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Bob Dylan ~ "To Fall In Love With You"

12. Maranatha5585

John Lennon ~ ''Plastic Ono Band''

[​IMG]
    Original POB unused back cover LP slick

13. Maranatha5585

Coolness! Great post :righton:

Jonpd, longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  14. Maranatha5585

[​IMG]

Paul McCartney will be the subject of a new series of stamps from the U.K.’s Royal Mail. The collection of 12 stamps features the covers of many of the music legend’s solo albums, including his 1970 release, McCartney, 1975’s Venus and Mars, and 2020’s McCartney III, recorded and released during lockdown. The series, available for pre-order here, arrive on May 28, 2021.

McCartney, who collaborated on the collection with the Royal Mail, is just the third solo artist to be so honored. He follows David Bowie in 2017 and Elton John in 2019. Several groups have had official stamps from the Royal Mail including The Beatles, Queen and Pink Floyd.

[​IMG]
    In the May 5 announcement, the Royal Mail noted, “Paul McCartney remains a vital figure at the center of rock and pop. An artist whose legacy is immense, but whose work continues to generate popular attention and critical acclaim. This dedicated stamp issue is a fitting tribute to one of the UK’s much loved and revered musical icons.”

The McCartney stamp collection is available in a wide variety of offers, ranging from a First Day Cover with Liverpool Postmark for £12.90 to a limited edition of 1000 individually numbered sets that features a silver proof medal struck by the Royal Mint for £99.99.

[​IMG]
    A First Day cover includes all eight special stamps personalized with a choice of name, address and postmark, for £12.90

Some of the 39 different offerings are clearly aimed for collectors, with one edition limited to just 200 pieces. The least expensive item is a First Day decorative envelope featuring an image of McCartney on the cover alongside the issue’s title, for just £0.30.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  15. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

16. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

[​IMG]

BADFINGER'S BACK! Ass.
    in an attic out there is a color promo
    poster from Capitol records USA late 1973 (not UK Apple office!) here is a rough b&w image of the layout. This was the final Badfinger album on Apple records.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    omikron, Maranatha5585, Jonpd and 2 others like this.
  17. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

OUTSTANDING!!!

18. Percy Song

The set of 13 postcards seems to be a good value purchase for those (like me) who cultivate colonies of moths in their wallet.

Paul McCartney | Stamps & Collectibles | Royal Mail Shop

Are there more options than punters got with "Egypt Station", I wonder? :D

omikron and Jonpd like this.
  19. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

About £930 all in (or the cash equivalent of c. 10 normal first class stamps these days)

20. Percy Song

:D The blank First Day Cover envelope looked like a bargain at 30 pence - and much nearer to my top limit than the complete works - but the postage cost is an additional £1.45. And you just know it'll turn up bent or wet or both. Might even get lost in the post...

TheGoodDoctor likes this.
  21. Head Gardener

I must start by saying this record and poster etc are not mine but belongs to a friend, we had been chatting about the bands we used to see in a pub in Milton Keynes in the late 70's, my claim to fame was seeing The Specials AKA and The Undertones among others in the tiny venue in MK. For some reason, maybe it was because there was another show in town although I cannot remember what, but I decided not to go and see this band called The Cure who were on their first tour, I had just never heard of them at the time. My friend did however go to see them and took his copy of their album Three Imaginary Boys to the gig along with some other bits and bobs he had related to them like some press pics his mate at the local paper had given him as well as a poster he's got from a local record shop advertising their debut single.
    He has had these things literally in his attic along with some other stuff for 40 years, (the mind boggles what he has kept but then again I'm just as bad!) So today I met up with him and I had to take some pics of the record and poster as these items and in this condition are virtually unheard of these days. He has no plans to sell them as he's still a keen collector but I thought I would share them with you as they are quite incredible.

[​IMG]
    My guess is each member has signed next to the household item they relate too.

[​IMG]
    They also signed the inside sleeve - note Robert Smith writing middle top where he's written 'my house'

[​IMG]
    Promo poster which came from a record shop in Northampton fully signed in the middle.

[​IMG]

a pair of signed press photos

[​IMG]

22. Maranatha5585

John Lennon ~ "Hold On"

Ephi82, omikron, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  23. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Wow. That's impressive.

Interesting how Robert is a different height in the last two.

longdist01 and Head Gardener like this.
  24. Percy Song

Sir George Ivan Morrison: "Latest Record Project Volume 1". 2CD Deluxe Edition with signed insert. Released today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guest vocalists: on one track each - Chris Farlowe and P J Proby........Yay! Split those pants, P.J. !!

The Guardian reviewer gives it a single star and calls the lyrics "...genuinely depressing..." and the album as "...boring and paranoid..." Hurrah!

" It seems a miracle there aren’t songs called "These New Speed Bumps Outside the Primary School Are a Disgrace", "The People I Got In to Do My Patio Were a Couple of Bloody Cowboys", and "Have You Seen The Repair Shop? It’s the Only Thing Worth Watching These Days." " Ha! Ha!

25. Percy Song

Thanks for sharing! The treasure that shows up on this friendly thread is quite remarkable.

Hats off to Bruce for starting it all off.... :tiphat: