More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

KING CRIMSON ~ USA TOUR 2021
    Amazingly the mighty Crimson will be as close as Atlanta in 6 weeks!
    Normally I would have tickets, but health situations are not good, and I have not even considered it.. I hate to miss the show as I have seen about every KC American tour since 1972.Tickets are on sale now.. IF you have never seen them, well, let's say they get my highest recommendation. GO!

[​IMG]

:wave: I want to thank everyone for keeping the thread alive and well while I'm down. Means a lot.

Dusty Sommers, Jonpd, omikron and 6 others like this.
  2. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Sorry to learn that you are going to miss the KC show, Bruce. Get well soon. :righton:

Davosco, omikron and oboogie like this.
  3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

sounds good Bruce, and thanks so much for sharing and posting again lately!

Maranatha5585, Jonpd, Davosco and 2 others like this.
  4. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

I hope you are feeling better as we are all pulling for you.

Here is a card signed by the late great Minnesota Twin Harmon Killebrew. I met Harmon at a Chicago trade show in 2000 as he was a spokesman for a Minnesota based company.
    It was the end of the workday and we were all wrapping things up so I got a chance to speak to him for at least 5 or 6 minutes.

We talked about his baseball career and in particular, one instance when I watched him playing first base in the 1968 All Star game.
    A ball was thrown to him that was short thrown- he did a full 180 degree split to make the catch- wound up tearing a hamstring and had to be taken off on a stretcher.
    I told him that stuck with me to that day as I gasped when I saw it as a young boy. He told me he gasped too and made other sounds as well. We both smiled about it since it was a long time back.
    A wonderful gentleman he was to speak to me at length and signed the card to my daughter who was a budding baseball fan then.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Jonpd, omikron, Maranatha5585 and 2 others like this.
  5. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

I had not ever provided any background for this signed item in this thread previously as I did the write up in a memorial thread end of 2019 and now the photo is erased.

I met Neil Innes at the Beatlefest and told him that my friend and I used to jam together with our guitars and one of the many songs we did was "With A Girl Like You".
    Then Neil immediately said, "You mean- Shoot me down in flames if I should tell a lie, cross my heart and promise that its true...." I jumped in as well and sang with Neil the remaining couple of lines.
    Big big thrill for me! I must say that Neil with all his Rutles, Bonzo, Grimms, Monty Python and George Harrison video work is still one of my heroes to this day. The only thing missing was him telling me to "Sod Off"!

[​IMG]

6. Maranatha5585

* * * BOB DYLAN ~ LIVE PERFORMANCE !! * * * "SHADOW KINGDOM"
    JULY 18, 2021 .. 4:00 C $25.00 .. VEEPS

* BobDylan_SE

[​IMG]

Ticket secured :righton:

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    mrjinks, Jonpd, omikron and 6 others like this.
  7. Maranatha5585

Jonpd, omikron, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  8. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan ~ "I Can't Leave Her Behind"

longdist01, Jonpd, Percy Song and 2 others like this.
  9. Maranatha5585

The Beatles ~ ''Yellow Submarine''/ "Eleanor Rigby" Promotional Card
    U.S. Capitol Records .. a very rare 1966 promo card much like the advert that was in Billboard magazine at the time. Measures approx 4'' x 9'' and was for promotion of the new Beatles single. Photo archives. RARE! Sweet :)
    c., 1966.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  10. Maranatha5585

Sir Tom Jones ~ NPR LIVE .. Tiny Desk Concerts
    King Crimson's Jeremy Stacey is on drums.

11. Maranatha5585

ENO ~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Jonpd, omikron, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  12. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Happy 79th birthday Paul McCartney!​

[​IMG]

mrjinks, omikron, Davosco and 3 others like this.
  13. Maranatha5585

Stuart Sutcliffe ~ "GOD created the world" .. Original Painting

[​IMG]

A large ink and wash painting by Stuart Sutcliffe entitled ‘GOD Created The World’. The painting in black, blue, yellow and grey features an image of God in front of the sun with the words ‘God created the world’ in the lower right corner. The painting has been glued onto a larger piece of paper which measures 63cm x 53.5cm (24.75 inches x 21 inches). There is some creasing around the edges and the corners and there are multiple tapes stains to the edges of the larger piece of paper that the artwork is stuck to. The condition is very good.
    The item comes with a certificate of authenticity which reads as follows:
    “Stuart Sutcliffe Certificate Of Authenticity. This is to certify that this ink and wash on paper “God Created The World’ is the work of Stuart Sutcliffe and was Executed in Liverpool.
    Exhibitions Pauline Sutcliffe
    Client Peter Nash. Date February 1990.”

Very Rare! Photo archives.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Maranatha5585

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!! .. 79 Today :wave:

[​IMG]

15. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan ~ A Look Back to 1985

omikron, oboogie and longdist01 like this.
  16. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

In 1998, I had the honor of meeting Yogi Berra at his book signing at B&N Rockefeller Center.
    I told him that when I was a 10 year old kid, I used to sneak out of the house and walk a quarter mile plus to the municipal building nearby to buy a 15 cent Yoo-Hoo out of their soda machine.(My Mom did not think much of the product and she never bought us any at home.)
    Yogi said "You did good! I would have done the same thing!" and he signed my book below. Yogi was the well known spokesman for Yoo-Hoo chocolate drink back in the 60s and on.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This book is hilarious by the way as it contains all of Yogi's malapropisms he was well known for.

Incidentally, Yogi was music related as well. Here is a video of Yogi singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" with his Yankee teammates, the author of the song and Ed Sullivan and his entire audience.

17. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Joan sent me her latest album with a signed card...

Joan Armatrading: 18 June 2021. "Consequences". 10 track CD in digipack. All songs written by Joan. All instruments and voices by Joan. Recorded and engineered by Joan in her own studio. A truly solo album!

(It isn't her best record by a long shot; there are a few clunky lines in the lyrics, for example, but it's growing on me already.)

Front

[​IMG]

Rear

[​IMG]

CD

[​IMG]

Signed Card

[​IMG]

Jonpd, ConnieGuitar, Davosco and 5 others like this.
  18. Maranatha5585

Yogi was a classic in every way.. Huge Yankee fan!
    Back when I was in Pittsburgh, PA. I got to be personal friends with Pgh Pirate Dale Berra, Yogi's son. There are some extremely wild stories that I am not able to discuss.. some may recall the scandal with a certain substance making the rounds at the time.. enough said.

19. Larry DeMellier

Larry DeMellier Forum Resident

All 4 Eno 'rock' album promo posters. HERE COME THE WARM JETS (UK Island 1974), TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN (UK Island, 1974), ANOTHER GREEN WORLD (UK Island, 1975), BEFORE & AFTER SCIENCE (USA Island, 1977)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

omikron, Jonpd, Percy Song and 2 others like this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

21. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

USPS mail barge finally delivered my order from Japan placed back at end of April...Wasabi records reissued two later albums by the group 'Splinter'. Here are
    'Streets at Night' and 'Sail Away', plus a 3" Promotional CD single with a song "Gandhara" bundled with the two CD's

[​IMG]

omikron, oboogie, Davosco and 3 others like this.
  22. Maranatha5585

[​IMG]

ELVIS ON HIS WARDROBE:
    To everyone who asked where he got his clothes, Elvis told them ''At Lansky’s on Beale!''

Fashion that shaped history.
    In the beginning, the offerings at Lansky Bros. contrasted starkly to the clean cut and traditional styles popular with midcentury Americans. Lansky Bros. featured colorful window displays with bright colors and flashy designs that were intended to pop onstage. This, of course, was precisely what would catch the attention of a young Elvis Presley in 1952. However, it wasn’t just Elvis Presley who was mesmerized by the glitz and glamour of Lansky Bros.’ stage clothing. Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and Jerry Lee Lewis were all shopping at Lansky Bros. in the fifties and sixties.

www.lanskybros.com

* Audio Video.mp3

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    omikron, Jonpd, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  23. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

Thanks for your comments and I know what you are talking about. Given you are a huge Yankee fan- I am posting this one as well.

This is a signed book from 2007 by Don Mattingly aka Donnie Baseball aka the Hit Man.
    This Barnes & Noble Midtown signing was run like a factory production shop with little interface and no personalization of signatures. The line was huge- out the door, well down the block and deep around the corner so B&N wanted to get everyone in-so I get it.
    Here is an actual photo taken by me at the signing with my old school flip phone at the time. (Next to Mattingly is B&N staff with extra pens in hand and we were in front of the table).
    [​IMG]

Don had room on the title page to sign his name but he signed on his photo/rib cage for me. I have no idea why but I'm still happy I got to say hello to him and he replied back.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Nice post, and really like signed book!
    @Davosco

Davosco, Maranatha5585 and oboogie like this.
  25. Maranatha5585

I know what you mean about how the signings are sometimes handled.. Bob Hope and Pres Carter were short and too regulated.. I just wrote a whole story out for you but the power keeps going off storming down here.. last try. We went to like 35 games in 1979! and we often went to a bar in the Shadyside suburbs of Pgh, "Taylor's" was the name, and many Pirates often showed up a few hrs after home games... Got to know Dale Berra fairly well, we would go out now and then for a break, and once he let me wear his Pgh Pirates World Series ring on one of our "breaks".. :)
    I never really knew how crazy things were back then, I mean I knew but Whew! too much..

I think Don's signature is cool on the photo. Even though I'm an original Queens NY guy I've never been to a NYC signing.. So I've missed out on all those chances to meet Paul and Ringo, etc.. Not certain I could have held out with my physical situation on those long nightmare lines and rules. Now almost everything is out.. Getting old and challenged S U C K S. But, we live on to fight another day.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    mrjinks, omikron, Davosco and 4 others like this.