Morrissey - "Bonfire of the Teenagers" Release Date Announced for February 2023

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lot49, Oct 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lot49

Lot49 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Per his official site:

"Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem,I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch.

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles."

2. Tom Wabe

Tom Wabe Forum Resident

Disappointed to see those names working with someone who turned out like that...

3. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

It will be great!

4. seastman

seastman Forum Resident

I’m happy to see Andrew Watt on the list of guitar players, but I wish he wasn’t producing it. Those Ozzy albums he did sound awful (good music though)

5. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I don't think all the details of his politics are understood in the US which is probably the reason why he has got an American label and American collaborators.
    The fact that he doesn't have a label in the UK is a sign that nobody wants to deal with him anymore here in the UK.
    I don't buy vinyl reissues but I hope that the reissues go ahead for the joy of his fans. It's almost a given that he is going to post something that will annoy Capitol just after the new album is out.

6. Orson Swells

Orson Swells Forum Resident

I don't think all the details of his "politics" are understood in the UK. He's instinctively very liberal, has never voted, is clearly apolitical, and doesn't feel tied to one political allegiance or another. So his views are just his views. This tends to be very misrepresented in the UK media.

7. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Yes it’s incredible that people lower themselves to work with Miley Cyrus.

PapaMuerte, 2trackmind, serj and 13 others like this.
  8. Tom Wabe

Tom Wabe Forum Resident

Because a girl pop singer is so much more reprehensible than a ....
    Oh, never mind.

9. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

What's the point in posting on a thread about an artist you don't like?

10. Orson Swells

Alternatively, incredibly, they just don't share the same view of Morrissey that you have. Astonishing, I know.

11. Music Geek

I do not intend to derail this thread towards the usual discussion but these apologies are incredibly annoying. He is a racist and a xenophobe and there is no misrepresentation.

Thank you for not trying to change my mind on the matter.
    Now, back to his record that won't come out in the UK because all record executives fell for the misrepresentation.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    lobo, wabrit, akmonday and 8 others like this.
  12. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

Chilli Peppers rhythm section on this album?
    I think I'm already gonna pass.

13. dee

dee Senior Member

Will give it a listen out of curiosity.

Karnak likes this.
  14. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

Looking forward to this…his last album was surprisingly good. He still has the gift for song titles….Rebels Without Applause….vintage Moz.

JoeF., Paulwalrus, folkfreak and 9 others like this.
  15. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Capitol? Wow! I didn't expect such a massive label to go for him now.

I'll give it six months :laugh:

Genuinely though, this is going to get a huge promotional push. If it has a couple of accessible songs for alternative rock radio like First of the Gang To Die was and he does the promotional TV rounds, he could have a very successful album.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  16. fairaintfair

fairaintfair I Buried Paul

What does that even mean?

17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Yeah, they are a band I strongly dislike. Hopefully they won't sound remotely like they do in the Chilli Peppers.

18. Orson Swells

Well, that is exactly what you intended to do! And yours is the misrepresentation. You mean, the racist whose favourite writer is James Baldwin? Who loves 60s girl groups? Who recorded a song with Thelma Houston? The xenophobe whose band has been predominately Latin American for decades? Who has written so many songs about his love of other countries? Mexico? Istanbul? Israel? The guy who came out as a Bernie Sanders supporter? I'd say that's very odd behaviour for a rightwing racist xenophobe! Not everyone is as easily reducible as you seem to think, but believe what you want to believe.

19. Music Geek

I am not a super fan of that band but they are probably better musicians than the people who played in his last few albums. They could bring some energy and avoid too many plodding tracks.

RomanZ and Man at C&A like this.
  20. Music Geek

:righton:

21. fairaintfair

fairaintfair I Buried Paul

[​IMG]

22. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

Well said…sadly, you’re wasting your time . The herd has turned on Moz and that’s that….At least he can get his music out there and play to his fans.

parman, Spaceboy, Paulwalrus and 7 others like this.
  23. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

They could certainly bring some much needed life to his music and I highly doubt it's going to be funk rock! At least that talent void Anthony Kiedis is nowhere near it. A man who has confessed to having done truly disgusting things, yet doesn't seem to get anything like the criticism Morrissey gets as people lap up his band's awful new albums. It's a strange world.

24. Music Geek

:tiphat:

25. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

Well, Matt Walker was among the finest drummers out there and was with Moz for a number of years..not sure why he is not part of the band anymore...along with Boz.

Beachedboy and Man at C&A like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.