Most Electrifying Live TV Performance You've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Zoom, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

It always gets taken off YouTube for some reason, but Liquid Liquid playing "Cavern" on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon in April 2010 was five minutes of pure joyous abandon.

2. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

This was electrifying when i was a young teen sitting on the floor watching it on TV,May 1965 and it still is in 2018..with a young Billy Preston out front and James Burton on guitar leading the Shindogs.
    and the Stones sitting there enjoying it to.The Wolf bringing Chicago Blues to Prime Time TV!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  3. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

I would also vote for Sinead's performance on the Grammys in 1989. It was the first time I had ever heard of her, she came out in Doc Martin boots and a shaved head and although "Mandinka" was lip-synced it immediately got my attention and I bought her debut album within a few days.

4. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

Many but I love this: The Police (Musikladen 1979)

the whole show is amazing !

5. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

6. owsley

owsley Senior Member

Coolest TV performance (maybe not electrifying) for me is the Doors Ed Sullivan appearance especially the end of Light My Life. Jim Morrison's pose is so cool, so moody, so punk. As for electrifying it's hard to beat James Brown's many appearances , he was the King

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.