Most irritating TV commercial you've ever seen

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

The same chain around here is called Hardee's and they ran endless ads of people crunching on sloppy runny messy burgers. It was so unappetizing. :hurlleft:

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I kind of roll my eyes when that new AOL commercial comes on. It's the one where a couple are delighted that a new AOL disc has arrived in the mail, so they can complete their object d'art of a fish made completely of AOL CD-ROM's...then Jerry Stiller suddenly appears to convince them to actually use the AOL disc for its intended purpose.

What amazes me about this particular one is Stiller's line "I know, you've gotten lots of discs in the past..." That struck me as pretty significant: AOL is actually admitting that they've gone way overboard in sending those discs out to us all these years.

I must admit though, Snoop Dog almost saves it with his "Now, wait just one munizzle" line. Almost...

3. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

Egad! You're right! I wonder what good ole Topie is doing these days?

4. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Has anyone mentioned yet the "Dove" commercials, where the woman is talking to the camera as if she was your friend, telling you how happy she is now that she uses Dove, and then ends up with an "unscripted" laughter?

Damn, I want to throw my TV off a cliff when that happens.

5. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

That commerical always starts up a "Get rid of Rufus!" chant in our house.

Wow, I thought my wife was the only person who had a hatred for those. She'll be glad to know she's not alone!

My odd gripe as of late are the drug commercials where somebody complains about a problem, and then *laughs* while a voice-over talks about the drug and its side effects. Why does this bug me? Who knows? It has just become such a fake cliche

My wife, however, has warned me that WalMart has a horrible commercial featuring a character named Genji that truly sounds odious...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

6. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Please send her my regards! :D :laugh: ;)

7. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

I hated that commercial for Flash (floor cleaner) with that woman whose voice could shatter glass. Probably in the 70's.

It is funny how one's point of view changes - I used to hate that Horace Bachelor Infra Draw Method (for the treble chance) commercial on Radio Luxembourg back in the 60's, yet I was quite pleased to find it the other day, preserved on a web site.

8. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

There's this ad for some Tofu thingie around here.

There are some 5 or 6 women talking in a sauna. All of them are gorgeous, probably in their early / mid thirties, with a towel around their bodies...

...and they are talking about how this Tofu thingie has helped them deal with menopause.

What. The... ???

9. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

On a more positive note, it seems like the insipid Dell interns have been told to get a job. Elsewhere.

11. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, and considering that the interns were themselves a replacement for the even-more-insipid "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell!" chap, maybe a still more tolerable campaign is in the offing.

The local cable company has started running a particularly asinine TV spot. It depicts a guy going up to his home entertainment center and kicking over shelves, tossing CDs and DVDs into a heap on the floor, and smashing his hardware components to bits...all while a voiceover guy extolls the great entertainment choices that are available from said cable company. The ad ends with the guy plugging in a cable box and sitting down in front of his TV and now-bare walls; apparently, the cable company's repetitive, compressed, artifact-ridden, pan-and-scanned offerings constitute the only entertainment source he (or anybody else) needs. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.