Motley Crue rumored to tour in 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Rose, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident Thread Starter

You are being redirected...

A Motley Crue reunion tour leaked on Thursday, with Radar Online claiming the band have been offered $150 million by Live Nation to reunite for 2020 tour dates following the success of their Netflix biopic ‘The Dirt,’ with a North American run featuring shows in major cities like Los Angeles and New York being offered. The rumor stated that there are some holdups blocking a tour, including tension with Tommy Lee and Vince Neil, a request for Vince Neil to lose 40 pounds and get treatment, and a demand for Tommy Lee to go to rehab. Steven Tyler taking a brutal shot at a Motley Crue icon was revealed a few days ago.

Eddie Trunk tweeted on the same day, “Hearing all kinds of news from many sources about several soon to be announced bands reuniting, retired bands coming back, broken up bands getting back together.. literally everyone is on tour or will be it seems. It is all about the road these days!”

The timing of the tweet is interesting, as Trunk had said earlier this year that Motley Crue are ‘on the clock’ when it comes to seeing if they will keep their word after retiring from touring at the end of 2015. All of Motley Crue appear to have 2020 open as far as their schedules, with Vince Neil being the only member who regularly tours.

A Motley Crue member recently revealed what he did to a babysitter. Nikki Sixx released a new Sixx A.M. song called “Talk To Me” recently but said there aren’t any plans to tour or do a full album, and while Tommy Lee is planning a new solo album, he doesn’t currently have any touring plans.

Motley Crue wouldn’t be the first rock artist to go back on a retirement claim, as Ozzy Osbourne retired in 1992 before returning in 1995, and he is currently on a break from his second retirement tour. KISS retired in 2000 and quickly returned, and they are on their farewell tour, which they recently said will last at least two more years. Rage Against The Machine and My Chemical Romance reunited earlier this week. A Motley Crue member partied with an A-list actor before his death.

What do you think? Personally, I believe this will happen.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  2. Johnny Action

Johnny Action Forum President

Aren’t they kinda old for an early 80s. Hair Band??

Michael Rose likes this.
  3. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

This is almost guaranteed to happen......I'm afraid to say...the legend is has not yet been completely trashed and destroyed, so why not come back and finish it off.

I was discussing this with my 25 year old daughter and her friends today, who have seen the film and assume that in their prime, MC must have been the laughing stock of the music industry...as a lifelong fan, I fear they still are.

Old Rusty, Jimmy Agates, Sean and 3 others like this.
  4. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident Thread Starter

Even if the actual figures are half of speculation, they'd be severally mentally impaired to turn that money down. Vince should get on with WW and Tommy off to rehab ASAP. Whatever issues they have with each other should dissipate with every million offered. IMO of course.

Odysseus likes this.
  5. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Did not Motley make a legally binding promise that their previous tour really would be their last?!

Sean, clhboa, Who'sTommy and 2 others like this.
  6. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Too bad Vince Neil's vocal chords decided to retire over a decade ago

7. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Hey if Hell itself allows itself to freeze over so The Eagles could get back together, a contract is nothing :D

ARK likes this.
  8. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Probably also a request for Vince to undo his botched facelift.

9. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

A promise? Yes. Legally binding? Not in the least.

10. Tim Crowley

Tim Crowley Forum Resident

Mick Mars will turn 70 in 2021.

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Money talks even though Vinces vocals have walked.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I don't really see how there would be that much demand for this. But I could be wrong.

13. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Is Propecia a sponsor? Will McDonald's include a figurine of them in their Happy Meals? Will tickets be overpriced and wind up having a 3 for the price of one blowout sale?

Boswell and Anonamemouse like this.
  14. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

bring back Samantha Maloney ! :laugh:

15. Remote Control Triangle

Remote Control Triangle Forum Member Rated 6.8 By Pitchfork

It would be kind of cool to see Vince lose the 40lbs and get into great shape, get his vocal chords healthier and sing better than he has in years. Would also be good to see Tommy get off of speed or whatever he's doing lately -- it's clearly messing him up bad. A newly healthy Motley Crue with a 70-year old guitarist who still f*cking rocks would be a trip. A lot of their music is sounding super dated though.

Stormrider77, Sean and GoodKitty like this.
  16. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Well that wouldn't make much sense. If all four changed their minds and wanted to tour again - what? - they'd have to sue themselves to get out of that that contract?

What I took that agreement as meaning was that all four would have to agree/be involved - no two or three of them could tour as "Motley Crue" with replacement members.

It probably all comes down to whether Mick can physically do a tour, due to his degenerative joint disease. No Mick (or any of the other three for that matter) = no tour.

17. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

At this point I’d rather see Corabi hook up with Mick and Tommy and form a band, do an album and tour.

18. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

This report, from 2014, says that they signed a 'legally binding cessation of touring agreement':

Mötley Crüe sign pact which assures no more reunions

19. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

From that article:

"...the four members will go their separate ways when The Final Tour is over. If they do not, they can apparently be sued - though it's not clear by whom."

...and...

""We always had a vision of going out with a big ****ing bang and not playing county fairs and clubs with one or two original band members," Lee, the band's drummer, said in a statement.

These seem to backup my belief that the agreement is simply to keep a couple or three members from touring without the other(s) under the band name, and also that if they ALL change their minds and want to tour together again, what is there to stop them? One can sue the other three if they decided to tour without him, but do they all have to sue themselves to get out of the agreement if they ALL decide that they do want to tour again under the Motley Crue name? :crazy:

This is assuming that this announcement was anything more than a publicity stunt.

20. JeffHunt

JeffHunt Stray Cat Strutting

Ain't no way that Vince is getting in shape, and ain't no way that his voice is going to magically recover.

He is truly the worst lead singer in rock right now, and it's not even close.

piepants, kwadguy, Sean and 7 others like this.
  21. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Have you heard Paul Stanley

ARK, Sean and rodentdog like this.
  22. JeffHunt

Paul is still better by a slim margin. I'm not a KISS fan, so there's no bias here.

23. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

What a coincidence you mention the Eagles!
    I’ve heard rumors that Vince Gill is gonna play guitar with the Crue on this tour .

:D

24. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

I guess that says a lot as to how bad Vince Neil must be then if you feel Paul is slightly better.

Christian Hill likes this.
  25. JeffHunt

Go look up Crue's performance from Rock In Rio - it was laughably terrible.

Anonamemouse likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.