Motley Crue rumored to tour in 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Rose, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Brilliant....I'm in tears of laughter.

wdiv, Turbo2k, veon and 4 others like this.
  2. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

:biglaugh:

Sean, D.B. and BadJack like this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You may well have a point. "Your honor, our clients can't be held responsible for their actions due to mental incapacity!" :laugh:

Kiss73 likes this.
  4. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

If this happens, and a possible Europe leg materializes, I will get tickets. That is, if the refund clauses are clear and the financial risk is not on me.
    It would be great to see the living legends I've (kind of) followed since the early 80's.

5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

6. Oatsdad

"Hey, remember how you went all out to see us because we told you it was your last chance ever? Ha ha - joke's on you!"

guppy270 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

So you have a singer who can't sing, a drummer that needs to go rehab.. sounds like a promising tour?

How is M.Mars doing??? last I heard was he could barely stand on stage..

Sean, Jmac1979 and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Isn’t the tour sponsored by Vandelay Industries? I guess George Costanza put this together lmao

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

According to Rolling Stone, MÖTLEY CRÜE will hit the road next year for a U.S. tour with fellow hard rock acts POISON and DEF LEPPARD. Sources have confirmed to the magazine that the three acts will perform at stadiums around the country.

The upcoming trek means that the four members of MÖTLEY CRÜE have collectively agreed to rip up the "cessation of touring" contract that they signed in 2014 preventing any of them from performing under the CRÜE name in the future.

In 2015, MÖTLEY CRÜE completed "The Final Tour", closing the book on the band's iconic career after performing a total of 164 shows in 72 markets, grossing over $100 million.

The Rolling Stone report comes just days after THE BLACK CROWES' manager, Mark DiDiaof Red Light Management, stated during an appearance on "The Howard Stern Wrap-Up Show" that MÖTLEY CRÜE, DEF LEPPARD and POISON were teaming up for a 2020 tour.

"There's a MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON / DEF LEPPARD tour coming, there's a RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE... AC/DC's coming," DiDia said. "There's a lot of rock coming out next year. God bless Drake and Billie Eilish and all that, they're streaming music and they have a lot of followers. Rock doesn't stream, but there's a thing that's happening. I think people miss guitars and bass and drums."

Last month, Radar Online reported that MÖTLEY CRÜE had been offered $150 million by Live Nation to reunite for a tour but only if singer Vince Neil lost 40 pounds and got treatment. The report also claimed that Neil and drummer Tommy Lee were locked in a war of words as they allegedly bickered over who should go to rehab first.

A week later, Neil took to Twitter to quash the report, insisting that the rumors were false and claiming that he hadn't spoken to any of his bandmates since the March premiere of the film adaptation of their 2001 autobiography "The Dirt". "There is no tension between me and Tommy," he wrote. "Don't believe anything from these so-called gossip sites."

POISON singer Bret Michaels has repeatedly stated in recent interviews that his band will return to the road in 2020 and he claimed he was "working real hard" to put together an "incredible" and "really awesome" package tour with other acts.

Last Friday, MÖTLEY CRÜE fueled rumors of a possible reunion by promoting an online petition asking the group to come back. The band's official Twitter account shared a link to a Change.org petition started by "Motley Mann", and included the brief message, "This is interesting…"

Back in 2014, bassist Nikki Sixx told Rolling Stone that MÖTLEY CRÜE couldn't legally play again after the completion of the farewell tour. "The only loophole is if all four band members agreed to do it, we could override our own contract," he said. "But we know that will never happen. There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you're talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it."

After the members of MÖTLEY CRÜE reunited last year to record four new songs for "The Dirt"film, some fans assumed that the group would be open to the idea of playing together again at a special event to promote the movie. But Sixx shot down the idea earlier this year, telling Rolling Stone: "Sometimes I look out at my friends, like the guys in AEROSMITH and METALLICA, and I'm, like, 'God damn it, did we retire too soon?' But there will be no one-offs in our future. Maybe we'll just get together and jam in [guitarist] Mick Mars's front room."

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

Very......Bold of you

ARK and Fullbug like this.
  11. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Queezma, MrGrumpy, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  12. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Live Nation can make any group reform cept Zeppelin. Vince has needed cash forever. He can't pay his lawyer bills from a few years ago. He lives at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas for a reason. He IS very overweight. Out of shape. Mick can barely stand. Poison and Def Leppard have no income from back catalog. The industry is dead for units sold and download money is criminal.. They'll tour anywhere, anytime. The "No Tour" signatures are a farce. Join Shania, George Strait, Cher, Kiss, Alabama on the long list of liars.

Sean and maui jim like this.
  13. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

To be fair though, did anyone actually believe that their last tour was the last tour, even with the "contract" gimmick?

I sure didn't.

aroney, Spaghettiows, Queezma and 3 others like this.
  14. Oatsdad

No - there are very few "farewell tours" that people actually view without skepticism.

I swallow Peter Frampton's farewell as real because he has health issues. If those manage to improve and he tours again, no one will fault him for "reneging" on the farewell.

The "contract" just makes a potential MC return to the stage more groan-worthy than most. The bigger the declaration that "this is it", the more you set yourself up for mockery when it's NOT it!

Pouchkine and JasonA like this.
  15. Efus

Efus Senior Member

In a world where few people keep their word, we were expecting THESE guys to do that?

150 mil though, ooof thats some big azz money to play music last in style 30 years ago....

Sean and Fullbug like this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

and Pink Floyd, I can't imagine the numbers that have been thrown their way yet they remain on the sidelines.

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Yes, as mentioned those 15 year olds from 1985-89 who want to re-live their youth and maybe drag their kids along with them have the disposable income to pay for the whole trip down memory lane.

18. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

If we'd all just bought more Sixx:AM albums this wouldn't be happening.

wdiv, jumpinjulian, Sean and 4 others like this.
  19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's official.

20. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

I'm sure those who saw KISS on their last couple of "Farewell Tours" feel the same way.

21. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Blowing up their own fake publicity stunt contract makes them such rebels! :laugh:

22. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Paul Stanley was 48 on that Farewell Tour
    Gene Simmons was 51

MC will draw this out as long as they can, the padding the nest tour.
    Nikki turns 61 in Dec
    Tommy is 57
    Vince is 58
    Mick is 68

Fullbug and WithinYourReach like this.
  24. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Surely if public demand was so high for them to return, then they wouldn't need to jump onto a package tour.

PS - we're never getting Micks album are we??

25. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

I'm afraid if Vince steps out there again it will be Kickstart my Defibrillator

Old Rusty, jumpinjulian, Sean and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.