Motley Crue rumored to tour in 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Rose, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

Oh, joy......

2. Count Orfloff

Count Orfloff Forum Resident

Disgusting but not surprising. It's gonna be a severe auto tune competition between Elliot and Neil. Plus if this tour really happens in stadiums how can MC headline over DL who is a much more popular band in terms of record sales ?

Pouchkine likes this.
  3. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Ratt would have been a better choice. Although that band is a friggin mess as well lol

4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Motley have rarity in their favor if there is only 2 dozen or so US shows. Plus who wants to see Motley Crue in daylight?

Leppard had no issue alternating closing duties on the recent Journey tour.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. SoundAdvice

Hair metal getting sweet revenge after grunge killed them. Now Cornell, Layne, Weiland and Cobain are dead.

6. Count Orfloff

It will be very interesting to see if this tour ends up in stadiums considering that Crue and Leppard were far from being stadium acts ever even in their prime. the buzz arond The Dirt movie is one thing, filling 50 000 seats venues is another. Unless LN offers sub cheap tickets, there is no way this tour can happen elsewhere than arenas.

7. SoundAdvice

Motley did 130 North American arenas in 2014-2015 and it was a desirable ticket. 25-30 stadiums is in reach with them asking real money for tickets. 3 bands pushing 60(plus Mick Mars) with lineups as complete as possible.

On the other hand, Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Panic in Stadiums next year went to Group-on type discounts immediately. Contest giveaways should be inevitable. I think Black Crowes will be lukewarm sales.

8. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

There's hope for a Spinal Tap Tour!!!! ;)

9. Papi Hipbone323

Papi Hipbone323 The Stouffer's Lasagna of Audiophiles

30 years ago, this would have been one of the biggest tours ever. Now, well, let's just say, you can never go back... and if you could, would you really want to? The past has passed, for a reason. If the Crue were a horse, they would have been put down a LONG time ago.

Pouchkine likes this.
  10. I'm more worried about Tommy, who is an obvious alcoholic and seems to be deteriorating (Vince, too, but he's sometimes been able to pull away from it short-term).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Damn - I was gonna offer you $10 million to go! :D

12. Oatsdad

Boy, I wouldn't say that. Both DL and MC were huge in the 80s - maybe not quite big enough to tour stadiums, but close!

A co-headlining MC/DL tour circa 1988 would've been massive!

13. Oatsdad

That was 30 years ago - albums sold in the 80s isn't really relevant now.

I think MC are the bigger draw circa 2020...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Count Orfloff

Mick Mars looks like he just escaped from a walking dead episode, Rick Savage like a mature she male hooker. It's gonna be a freakshow of the highest caliber.

15. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

If for whatever reason, Mick and Tommy don't sign on, Nikki and Vince could always hire Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer to dress up like Mick and Tommy.

16. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

To be fair, Def Leppard were playing opening act last year to Journey with a replacement vocalist even though DL largely has the entact line-up from their prime minus the guy who died almost thirty years ago

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Wouldn't you love to know their financial situation? With all the money they raked in year after year after year, how much is left? If not much, then this tour is beyond annoying.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

Hysteria alone sold 25 million copies...

Matthew Tate and ARK like this.
  19. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Just Live Nation doing it again, holding out the carrots. Vince is so sadly overweight it could implode.

20. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

So basically its not okay to point out Vince looking bloated because of the tragedy about his daughter in the 90s? Its very sad his daughter passed away at such an early age but what does that have to do with making comments about Vince in 2019 being off limits? Vince is still a public figure and a millionaire, he could take care of himself if he wanted to.

21. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

At least we are spared 250 pound Kurt Cobain rehashing his golden oldies for Live Nation.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Oatsdad

This is completely open to debate, but my feeling is that even though DL sold more records, MC was the "bigger band". They just seemed to have more of a draw and presence to me back then.

Both were huge, of course, so this is nitpicking! :)

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  23. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

No and Def Leppard is my favorite band, Mötley top 5. I have no interest in those type of tours. I find it depressing actually.

It's like being told you're being offered your favorite beer for free but only served warm...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Anonamemouse and Efus like this.
  24. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

This is not true. There was no "opening act". They were co-headliners who rotated closing the show every other show.

Matthew Tate and Pouchkine like this.
  25. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

Def Leppard sold 12M+ of Hysteria and 10M+ of Pyromania in the US alone and Adrenalize was #1 for 5 weeks in 1992. Mötley biggest album was 6M+ followed by a few at 4M+.

Matthew Tate, ARK and Efus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.