Motorhead Ace of Spades 40th Anniversary Deluxe Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockDude4492, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I bit on the Popmarket sale on the deluxe set. Love this album and it just looks cool!!

2. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

I ordered the deluxe set a few months back, had half forgotten about it until I saw this thread.
    Only 3 weeks to go, I hope they include the"gift" single this time, I had to chase them for the 1979 one.

3. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

4. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

Anything for Lemmy.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  5. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Ha! Henry Rollins doing an unboxing of the deluxe vinyl set...

6. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Love it! Funny that the blu-ray had come out of its sleeve despite the sturdy looking packaging.

Deuce66 likes this.
  7. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

8. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

This looks so good, can't wait for my box to arrive.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  9. kevin5brown

10. nodeerforamonth

I don't think there's a CD version with the live sets, outtakes, demos, and alternate takes.

11. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

It's a shame there isn't a single LP version. Spotify would do me for the live stuff. I just would love a nice clean piece if Vinyl of the original album that would get well played.

mpayan likes this.
  12. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

ARK and kevin5brown like this.
  13. nodeerforamonth

You mean a single l.p. version of the Ace Of Spades album? You don't have it already?

Like every single other box set I have of this type of thing, I already have the album. It's the last thing I'm buying it for and I'll probably never listen to it. I'm in it for the 7 or 8 albums of the other stuff.

14. kevin5brown

15. theebrianrector42

theebrianrector42 Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Popmarket charges your card immediately or do they charge when shipped?

16. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

Indeed I dont!!! Yes Strange one. I just have never acquired it. Of late I have been waiting for a re issue like this. Shame its hugely over priced. £55.00 for 3 x Vinyl!! Ouch!!
    The Metallica packages at least included a single LP.

17. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

Amazon now says this won’t be released until November 20. Perhaps the initial run sold out.

18. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

The web store is sold out. I preordered through target when they had b2g1. Luckily there was another two items in this price range that I wanted.

19. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

When it ships.

theebrianrector42 likes this.
  20. nodeerforamonth

Still on board for Friday on Amazon UK. I wonder why there's a delay for the US. The sets have been ready for at least a month now. There's been unboxing videos. It's being reviewed. It's not like they're still in production and there's a holdup at the plant.

21. misfits73

misfits73 Forum Resident

Another dissapointed remaster, the live stuff sounds awesome though.Some of the extras are decent but not what i was expected.

Same category as the Bomber and Ovekill editions, just for the live shows

sbardc, kevin5brown and Juggsnelson like this.
  22. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

Gosh, this Ace of Spades really doesn’t sound good. Different mastering engineer for the album than was used on the entirety of last year’s ‘79 set. Andrew Alekel mastered the rest of the material, however.

23. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

That's disappointing to hear, I had high hopes. My 3 x LP order from Amazon UK is out for delivery today but based on the comments here, I'm already considering sending it straight back.

24. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

My order of the deluxe from target now won’t deliver till mid nov, got a good deal on the b2g1
    Based on these early reports here I don’t think I’m too concerned about getting this immediately
    Not sure why they can’t get good mastering engineers

25. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

Me neither, especially when there's a fanfare around "half speed master created from the original tapes for optimal speaker smashing dynamic range". Mine just arrived and the outer presentation looks very nice, now I just don't know whether to break the seal or not!