Motown Message Board

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

For those interested in classic Motown, I encourage you to join and participate in the Motown forum. It's mostly a fanzine kind of place but I would like to raise the bar a bit over there.

http://boards.motown.com/

Yup. You do have to register!

I'm also on the lookout for more R&B/Soul oriented message boards that aren't so casual fan-based.

2. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

Grant-

I read the Motown board every other day or so, but don't post too often. I have to tell you that I smiled when I looked at the board today and saw three posts from "Grant".

One site I just stumbled across the other day is http://www.soul-patrol.com. While I don't think it has a message board, I have to say I spent a chunk of time digesting some of the stuff on there. Will have to check back to see how often it is updated.

CM Wolff

3. Grant

I don't know, CM. I'm already becoming dissillusioned with the Motown site, hardly any traffic. I guess it has seen it's best days right after its creation and after the holidays went down to a trickle. And I guess not many people here is much interested in Motown.

4. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Motown Forum

Grant,

I visited the site and read enough to believe that the reason it is not thriving is because there are never any responses from Motown--Universal. Unlike here, where Steve interacts and responds directly with forum members.

Bob

5. Grant

That's true too. As someone said on another thread, most other big-time producers/engineers never pparticipate on message boards. We may never know how many lurk, though.

6. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Grant,

Agreed...I noticed Accoustic Sounds out of Salina, Kansas browsing today...Chad Kassem?

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.