Motown Singles Sets at Collector's Choice w/Free Shipping

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by chip-hp, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat Thread Starter

Received my Collector's Choice Music October Catalog yesterday ... noticed that CCM is offering The Complete Motown Singles Sets for $119.95 (except Vol. 2 (1962) - $79.95 and Vol. 3 (1963) - $99.95) ... shipping is free for anything ordered online from the catalog ... but noticed on their website that standard shipping is free for all online orders over $50 ...

The catalog also has several pages of other Limited Edition Hip-O Select CDs which I assume are also available from CCM online ...

2. live evil

live evil Senior Member

i think they also sell a dicount card which gets the buyer 10% off of all orders for a year.

3. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

I got my Complete Motown Singles, Vol.5 set for $87.56 from deepdiscountcd, but they don't seem to have that one anymore, at least not at the moment.

4. chip-hp

DD CD and CCM ... have a conection ... if not part of the same company ... DD CD's website shows all 5 volumes available for $87.56 (vs $119.95) ... $72.96 (vs $99.95) ... and $58.36 (vs $79.95) ...

5. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Well, DDCD's site shows volumes 4 and 5 as "available" until you click on the title (at which point it says the title is not available) or you click on the "buy now" link (at which point you get some cryptic error message). I wish I had known volumes 4 and 5 were available at DDCD when they still had stock; I've been waiting to order these until I could get some sort of discount. I just ended up ordering them from CCM with free shipping and the 10% off (half of which was negated by my having to pay $14.99 for the yearly 10% discount program), but given that CCM charges sales tax and DDCD does not, the end price at DDCD would have been much lower had the items still been available.

6. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Hi, i did a search at CC for these titles, and only got -
    The artist search for 'motown singles' resulted in 2 album matches (V2 and V3) I already have those - do they have V4 and 5 available on the site or do i need to call?

Thanks!

Wynn

7. chip-hp

Vol.s 4 and 5 are definitely shown in the Oct. CCM catalog ... which just came out ... so I would call them ... but I would call DD CD first cuz they are $30 cheaper ...

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

These sets must not be selling as well as Hip-O hoped...I guess the number of collectors who are willing to plunk down $100+ a (Motown) year isn't that high...

Kwad

9. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I think I typed "complete motown" and found them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.